What's new

Saudis Testing JF17? Myth or Truth

JF-17 block III is good enough to deal with any front line fighter Iran has but has a low operating cost so can bomb Houthi rebels in Yeman more affordably then an a F15. Look what happened after the Jamal Khashoggi murder, many USA official ridiculed KSA. The USA has shale oil and doesn't need KSA anymore. Spare parts for those F15's could stop and they will end up like the Shah's F-14s. That is not a concern with JF-17. KSA also wants to develop its own defense industry. Pakistan and China will transfer any tech needed by KSA to build JF-17's. I think KSA is seriously considering JF-17.

SAR capable ?

Not really, Pak-KSA relations are militarily extremely close. I think USA restricts the use of its F-series aircrafts in certain ways.

Yes to SAR.

Point being it is a better aircraft so KSA wouldn't trade them away.

JF-17 block III is good enough to deal with any front line fighter Iran has but has a low operating cost so can bomb Houthi rebels in Yeman more affordably then an a F15. Look what happened after the Jamal Khashoggi murder, many USA official ridiculed KSA. The USA has shale oil and doesn't need KSA anymore. Spare parts for those F15's could stop and they will end up like the Shah's F-14s. That is not a concern with JF-17. KSA also wants to develop its own defense industry. Pakistan and China will transfer any tech needed by KSA to build JF-17's. I think KSA is seriously considering JF-17.

They aren't mutually exclusive. They will have multiple platforms, the F-15SA being a top-tier strike aircraft

Yes to SAR.

Point being it is a better aircraft so KSA wouldn't trade them away.

They aren't mutually exclusive. They will have multiple platforms, the F-15SA being a top-tier strike aircraft
Just for argument sake, for KSA, wouldn't have EFT as better aircraft or top tier aircraft.

1466393648078.jpg

JF-17 / FC-1,
The light of the Himalayas.

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

They can afford the worlds best top of the line fighters. Why would they buy JF-17? No need to be blindly patriotic be realistic sometimes guys. I may be wrong if so can someone explain why the Saudis would buy it?
Because if they are fighting a small war like for example the Yemen business, it would cost a $24000 per hour to operate the f15's. And $11000 for a JF17 without political issues being raised from Sellers.

thats a very good news. we can have influence on KSA and KSA has her influence on ME and many other would also buy jf 17 :-)

A more plausible and acceptable arrangement for all concerned would be Saudis putting some equity/seed money into project Azm.

I don't think there is any major political issue in KSA using American jets

America is turning on KSA. USA politicians that have supported KSA in the past are opening critical of the koshoggi killing and the yemen war. Same in the EU. America wants to end opec using its Shale oil. Saudis need to diversify its weapons suppliers.

Iraqi spent like $200 Million per plane for a few F-16's some years ago....for that price you could buy like 10 JF-17. What's better 1 f16 or ten jf-17??

America is turning on KSA. USA politicians that have supported KSA in the past are opening critical of the koshoggi killing and the yemen war. Same in the EU. America wants to end opec using its Shale oil. Saudis need to diversify its weapons suppliers.

Iraqi spent like $200 Million per plane for a few F-16's some years ago....for that price you could buy like 10 JF-17. What's better 1 f16 or ten jf-17??

As long as KSA keeps buying American weapons worth hundreds of billions of dollars the Americans will never abandon them. Congress is just blabbering. They'll never pass major laws against the Saudis, nor would their presidential administrations impose any sanctions. The military-industrial complex is just too powerful for their government. If Saudis abandon America as an ally than America would go to Kissinger's plan: Invade Saudi Arabia, over through the monarchy, etc, to secure oil supply. Nothing came of Koshoggi. Even the Israelis seem to have supported the Saudis in the US on the issue, and if you have Israeli backing than its all flowers for you at the capitol hill.

Last edited:
I think SAMI could work with CAC and PAC to build the JF-17 in Saudi, China has already built a drone factory in Saudi so I think it's not completely impossible.
8a8.gif

Title might as well be coming from this guy.
i love this guy man

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom