What's new

Saudis Testing JF17? Myth or Truth

They can afford the worlds best top of the line fighters. Why would they buy JF-17? No need to be blindly patriotic be realistic sometimes guys. I may be wrong if so can someone explain why the Saudis would buy it?
Before you jumped in did you read the title?
The question was are they testing it or not?
So yes they are testing it.
And why any air force in the world tests a fighter jet? To waste time and fuel?

They can afford the worlds best top of the line fighters. Why would they buy JF-17? No need to be blindly patriotic be realistic sometimes guys. I may be wrong if so can someone explain why the Saudis would buy it?

They aren't offered the Tier-1 (US) aircraft . But either way, the cost is attractive for s solid plane in the JF-17.

Something to fly next to this F-15SA with 12 AIM-120s. :o:
download.jpeg

The only word i can de-cypher here is "revenge".

Badla has 2 meanings - revenga and exchange.
Watta Satta is/was an old village custom where 2 siblings(bro/sister) get married to 2 other siblings(bro/sis) to reduce the chances of divorce etc.

What this guy tried to say is that we can exchange f15 with jf17

Careful, This is the propaganda which Iranian puppies in Pakistan had been paddling from past many years.
InshaAllah, soon they all will be seen biting their own tongues. They were planning but Allah is the biggest planer.

Just to answer question; Saudis are definitely watching thunder closely from beginning, in past Saudi defense minister has personally visited production line and inspected jF-17 together with his air force top officials, so it's not really a news.

Technically speaking, jF-17 blk1 was not compliant with Saudi requirements, same as it is not for Chinese, Egyptians etc.
However, integration of IFR has been a game changer, such has broadened the range of jF-17 potential markets.

I'm also guessing that in beginning, Saudi Arabia may buy Sudan one or 2 squadrons of jF-17, who recently came atop as as a reliable strategic defense ally of Saudi Arabia.

12 AIM-120?
Thats a mother ship :lol:

View attachment 546970

To cover an earth mass as large as Saudi, that's the best they can pick.
RAF has dedicated Single seat fighters, only for CAP missions.
Neither they have so many pilots to man hordes of squadrons at every corner of KSA.
Historically they relied upon defense partners, so they hire /contract pilots from ally states to fill the gaps in defense infrastructure.
In history Pakistan was one of leading defense contractor of Saudi. I hope MBS make a new start with Pakistan and gain it's market as leading defense contractor in larger middleast. It's a win win situation for all parties.

Thunder is best in low cost medium range perfomance i want to see seprate secure data link and airforce use them as wolf packs radrs info from AWACS detection should be sent from awacs and thunder only has to pull the fire

see my dear fellow KSA was using until recent F-5 freedom fighters as trainers and gaining flight hours so if they took thunders on that role i will not surprise .

Not to be nitpicking.

But SA operated the F-5E/F and RF-5E
Tiger 2.

Freedom Fighter referred to the earlier
F-5 A/B.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom