What's new

Royal Moroccan Armed Forces

No RPG-7 variant has achieved a confirmed kill against any M1 variant in any operational theater. The closest one got is when an RPG-7 hit to its exhaust grill deemed it nonoperational (not killed). The crew survived and were evacuated and then the M1 was taken out by friendly fire (several shots from another Abrams and then a Maverick). The only other incident is when a hit caused an internal fire (although the projectile itself didn't penetrate) which totaled the Abrams, but again the crew survived. Teething problems were later fixed on all M1 variants.
You still don't see the point I was making..A $50 projectile that stopped a $12 Million mastodonte, whether , it is stopped on its track or completely destroyed...a stopped tank is a dead tank.

. The M1's (even the "first generation") are far better than any Soviet tank and far better than anything Algeria has. Any actual tank expert can attest to that. All you have is an upgrade of a really bad tank the T-72.

Wrong again...The Algerian T72's are better than anything that you have in your arsenal...We don't have the numbers that matches Egypt, but in quality of the equipment, and the degree of training of the tank crews added to the system integration of the different arms (Air, Land, sea) on the battle field give Algeria a definite edge.

Wrong, and wrong. Provide one shred of evidence that backs anything you just wrote up. Just one.
Man, you still painting the wing tip and rudders of your airplane orange so you can recognize them...radar on your fighters (F16) is the same one that was fitted on the F4 during the vietnam war.. Nothing similar than on the one that equip the Turkish, not talking about the one equipping Israel...No IFF, no BVR capability..

Yes, that is a weakness.
That not the only weakness...

Egypt has a total of 35 AH-64D B-II helicopters with 10 more to be delivered including the Longbow Radar. Israel has 42 AH-64A B-I helicopters plus three AH-64D B-II with the Longbow Radars. No one yet, not even the US have the AH-64E B-III. Seriously, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I know what I am talking, about...It is you that you are imagining things...Even you get the Longbow, which in the light of the circumstances to recent event in Egypt, the will have a mechanical radar not an ASEA that equip the Israelis. I will not exchange our Hind Mark III against yours.

The majority of our artillery isn't even used, Just stuck in storage.
Kaddaffy's too...and there you prove my point...in the Egyptian's preparedness

One article has influenced your entire view of the Egyptian Armed Forces?
Past events and past history speaks volume...No need to elaborate there

Tell me did this article have any primary research on it
Forget the article, just named it to have an overview...You forgot that Algerian troops were with you in the last two wars with Israel as well as during the attrition war...We learned a lot, it seem you didn't...I guess being in the bosom of uncle Sam made you feel overconfident on capabilities you don't have..

The mistake you're making is comparing Iraq and Libya with Egypt. The Egyptian military of 1973 could of drummed up Gaddafis forces in 2011.
Not really..Iraqi forces forces were better trained than Egyptian Army, If Saddam let his Generals conduct the war , instead of him, the outcome would have been different...
You had skirmishes with Kaddafy and Sadat was beside himself stating that he gave Mouammar a lesson that he will never forget..Really did he? And if it was the case why didn't take the whole Libya!
He didn't , because he didn't have the capability, same with Moubarek who wanted to invade Sudan after his assassination attempt in Addis Abeba.

And lately, if Egypt was a strong and well structured state, do they need half of the army and a tank division or more to free Ettahrir square from unarmed egyptian at a cost of 1000 + lives and countless wounded, where is your police? We have riot daily throughout the country, you don't see T72 for that, you see the police..

Dude, I thought you knew what you were talking about, however, you have proved me wrong.
I know what I am talking about...You need to get on page friend! We can argue all day long if you want to...Egyptian Army is still a distant 3rd in Africa, after Algeria and South Africa.

You guys can create another Thread about numbers, better and versus. Don't ruin this Thread.

You still don't see the point I was making..A $50 projectile that stopped a $12 Million mastodonte, whether , it is stopped on its track or completely destroyed...a stopped tank is a dead tank.

Then where in the hell is your advantage?

The same will/would be done to your tanks.

Wrong again...The Algerian T72's are better than anything that you have in your arsena

An RPG-7 with a tandem charge would crack through any T-72 with ERA. The vulnerability of those tanks to the most basic of projectiles is clear for all to see, all you need to do is look at footage from Syria and Libya. How you could even compare a 2nd gen MBT to a 3rd gen is beyond me.

We don't have the numbers that matches Egypt, but in quality of the equipment, and the degree of training of the tank crews added to the system integration of the different arms (Air, Land, sea) on the battle field give Algeria a definite edge.

You're right. Egypt has more 3rd generation MBT's than the total number of tanks you operate. In terms of armour and land forces you have nothing that's qualitatively superior to that of Egypt. Anything to back up your claim about better trained tank crews?

You think Egypt doesn't have all arms integration? What is this the 90's?

Man, you still painting the wing tip and rudders of your airplane orange so you can recognize them

Both Israel and Egypt operate the F-16's. Wouldn't it be a good idea to have identifying features on your fighter, like you know a paint scheme or painted wing tips so air defence personnel (or any ground personnel) using sight to identify the friend or foe wouldn't incorrectly target you?

There's a reason why the M2K's don't have the orange wing tips and its because the IDF don't operate them.

radar on your fighters (F16) is the same one that was fitted on the F4 during the vietnam war..

The last F-4 variant produced by the United States the F-4E had a AN/APQ-120 radar while the first export blocks of the F-16A/B were installed with the AN/APG-66 radar. The first blocks of the F-16 weren't BVR capable, future blocks produced were. All F-16A/B from Peace Vector I (42 fighters) in Egyptian service underwent a MLU with the rest of the F-16 fleet bringing them up to B40 specifications which included the addition of AN/APG-68(V8) radars. The recently delivered B52 falcons employing the AN/APG-68(V9) radar. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Nothing similar than on the one that equip the Turkish, not talking about the one equipping Israel
Sigh!

No IFF, no BVR capability

Sigh!

Beyond Visual Range= 20nmi or 37km
AIM-7F/M/M2 (operated on Egyptian F-16's)= 31nmi-41nmi or 50-70km

Egyptian F-16 with Bird shredder IFF
http://www.f-16.net/attachments/819207_265549723576017_1794467998_o_135.jpg

All Egyptian F-16s have IFF systems. If you can prove otherwise then do so.

That not the only weakness...

You don't say!

I know what I am talking, about...It is you that you are imagining things

Seriously, you don't.

Even you get the Longbow, which in the light of the circumstances to recent event in Egypt, the will have a mechanical radar not an ASEA that equip the Israelis.

Source!? Oh wait.......

Its not like they built ten Apaches in the last year is it?

You can keep your Hind. You won't find anyone else who would turn down something that can carry 16 Hellfire Missiles.

Kaddaffy's too...and there you prove my point...in the Egyptian's preparedness

Preparedness!?

Who would continue to operate large amounts of obsolete BM-21 and other soviet MLRS or artillery. Add to that the relics left by the British after WW1/2 and the arty used in 1948. The only reason we have a large quantity of artillery pieces in storage is that there's no economic benefit in scrapping them and no one would buy them.

Past events and past history speaks volume...No need to elaborate there

Really!? You want to go there?

Forget the article, just named it to have an overview...You forgot that Algerian troops were with you in the last two wars with Israel as well as during the attrition war...We learned a lot, it seem you didn't...

And thanks for your contribution. No one is dissing that. We've learnt more than you can imagine from the wars we've been through.

I guess being in the bosom of uncle Sam made you feel overconfident on capabilities you don't have..

Seriously, stop using platitudes.

Not really..Iraqi forces forces were better trained than Egyptian Army, If Saddam let his Generals conduct the war , instead of him, the outcome would have been different...

No. The Iraqis were outclassed in every department by light years. No one could have withstood the onslaught by American or coalition forces. If the army did stand and fight the war would have only been prolonged for a few weeks if not days.

You had skirmishes with Kaddafy and Sadat was beside himself stating that he gave Mouammar a lesson that he will never forget..Really did he? And if it was the case why didn't take the whole Libya!

What!?

It was a short lived border skirmish not an all out conventional war for territory. There was no plan to invade Libya......

He didn't , because he didn't have the capability, same with Moubarek who wanted to invade Sudan after his assassination attempt in Addis Abeba.

WHAT!? :help:

And lately, if Egypt was a strong and well structured state, do they need half of the army and a tank division or more to free Ettahrir square from unarmed egyptian at a cost of 1000 + lives and countless wounded, where is your police? We have riot daily throughout the country, you don't see T72 for that, you see the police..

Central security forces and the Police cleared Rab3a and Alnahda. There were no tanks. Seriously, what in the hell are you smoking!

I know what I am talking about...You need to get on page friend! We can argue all day long if you want to...Egyptian Army is still a distant 3rd in Africa, after Algeria and South Africa.

SA barely has a standing army anymore.

:closed:

SA barely has a standing army anymore
That the reason you are distant third...If they were standing...you will be two pages down in the ranking... Anyway, this is a thread for the Moroccan Army, let keep it Moroccan please.

That the reason you are distant third...If they were standing...you will be two pages down in the ranking... Anyway, this is a thread for the Moroccan Army, let keep it Moroccan please.

Then reply to my post in the Egyptian armed forces thread.

Navy purchase

SIGMA frigates

Tarik Ben Ziyad

Tarik Ben Ziyad & Sultan Moulay Ismail & Allal Ben Abdallah (613&614&615)

fremo1.jpg

fremo2.jpg

fremo3.jpg

20273741064768233286357.jpg

61570941064715233291619.jpg

1773695.jpg

fremo2ea.jpg

1907386.jpg

fremo1j.jpg

Air Force

55159820130504114609.png

12774320130504114720.png

jn0h.jpg

L-3 Link Simulation & Training has upgraded a fielded F-16C Block 52 aircrew training device (also known as ATD system) and achieved a ready-for-training milestone on a second identical equipment for the Royal Moroccan Air Force (RMAF). Both devices are installed at the RMAF’s Ben Guerir Air Base, north of Marrakech.

Since the RMAF’s initial training system began training pilots in 2011, the simulator has been used for more than 6,000 hours to hone pilots’ air-to-air and air-to-ground combat skills.

Each system is integrated with 360-degree field-of-view SimuSphere visual display and SimuView personal computer image generation system that produces correlated out-the-window and cockpit sensor display imagery.

During simulation exercises, pilots are able to acquire and identify targets, deliver a wide range of ordnance, practice takeoffs and landings, conduct aerial in-flight refueling, undertake low-level flight maneuvers and practice emergency procedures.

Morocco has procured 24 F-16C/D Block 52 Fighting Falcon combat aircraft to Lockheed Martin comprising 18 single-seat and six two-seat aircraft.

1352268328_11665.jpg

link_f10.jpg

DEFESA Global

Moroccan F-16 Block 52 with CFT's

Mirage F-1 upgrade into MF2000 (ASTRAC upgrade)

fremo2v.jpg

astrac12.jpg

miragef1156menaragmmxmay.jpg

miragef1156menaragmmxma.jpg

miragef1170menaragmmxma.jpg

Land forces

Rosoboronexport intends to develop military cooperation with Morocco, Komardin said. He stressed the significance of an agreement on international economic cooperation that Russia had recently signed with Morocco. Recently, Russia has delivered to Morocco a batch of Msta-S self-propelled howitzers, he said.
161442006.jpg

ITAR-TASS: Top News - Russia might offer non-nuclear submarine to Morocco

Type-90 35mm + SHORAD system

7wxy_w11.jpg

Romarm signs EUR 8.5 million defense contract with Morocco

October 2013 - From the Print Edition

Weapons manufacturer Romarm signed an EUR 8.5 million expertise contract with the National Defense Administration of the Kingdom of Morocco in late September, according to Ministry of Economy officials. The contract will run until next spring, providing the charging of full production capacity of Uzina Mecanica Cugir. The agreement also opens up opportunities to provide other products: complete weapons systems and ammunition. With a holding structure, Romarm is the biggest operator in the defense industry with state capital and is under the direct coordination and administration of the Ministry of Economy, in terms of research, development, production and marketing of military products and equipment.

1024px-Black_Sea_Defense_and_Aerospace_2010_%2810%29.JPG

Romarm signs EUR 8.5 million defense contract with Morocco | News | The Diplomat Bucharest

150 MBT-2000 ordered , 54 received

26_102825_2408cb303b73422.jpg

48576244.jpg

12 PHL-03 MLRS ( 300 mm )

ar3-2.JPG

EDA

EDA 2011/12/13 update

2013:
- Humvee's

2012:

- 9 Hawk MIM-23E systems
- 2000 charges 155mm