What's new

Rafale jets are not enough to face Pakistani JF 17: Shahid Latif

it's all my fault.The designer said F22.

在谈到KLJ-7A与国外产品相比时处于什么样的位置时,徐健表示,KLJ-7A的技术细节可以匹敌F-22使用的APG-77雷达,设计先进程度也与他们不相上下。但我们更注意控制成本,性价比更高。
Strange statements - no source provided either.

About KLJ-7A (AESA) radar system

Specifications of the KLJ-7A (AESA) radar system disclosed by NRIET:

KLJ-7-A-radar-system.png

- in one of the Chinese exhibition of arms. Radar structure and design is NOTIONAL.

Fighter = 3 m^2 uniform RCS

Significant leap from the older KLJ-7 (Pulse-Doppler) radar system no doubt.

About AN/APG-77 (AESA) radar system

It is important to understand following difference first: AN/APG-77 (Prototype/Experimental article) vs. AN/APG-77(v)1 (Finalized article for use in F-22A Raptor).

Information about AN/APG-77(v)1 is SCARCE in Public domain.

Limited pointers:

TRM count = 1956
Field-of-View = 120 degrees +/- in azimuth and elevation
Target detection range = 460 KM (maximum); will notice and track a potential target having a 1 m^2 uniform RCS around 200 KM mark (notice-only range is bigger).
Missile Guidance = 10 targets at the same time

Americans have much experience in building AESA radar systems; they managed to develop advanced variants back in the 1990s. They have produced 4th generation AESA radar systems by now. Imagine this.

Fun fact: JF-17 can actually fit a larger radar than Rafale. Having enough T/R modules on AESA is vital for radar output as well as electronic warfare capabilities.

EVLDC_vUUAAJ5rH.jpg

On the downside, there is no way for JF-17 to match Rafale's flight profile (speed, acceleration, sustained and instantaneous turn, climb rate). PAF pilots might want to keep the fight at BVR range.

All airbattles after 2010 have been BVR. Fir dog fights f16 are used same for with in visual range fights.

Jf 17 us for BVR and VLRC

Strange statements - no source provided either.

About KLJ-7A (AESA) radar system

Specifications of the KLJ-7A (AESA) radar system disclosed by NRIET:

KLJ-7-A-radar-system.png

- in one of the Chinese exhibition of arms. Radar structure and design is NOTIONAL.

Fighter = 3 m^2 uniform RCS

Significant leap from the older KLJ-7 (Pulse-Doppler) radar system no doubt.

About AN/APG-77 (AESA) radar system

It is important to understand following difference first: AN/APG-77 (Prototype/Experimental article) vs. AN/APG-77(v)1 (Finalized article for use in F-22A Raptor).

Information about AN/APG-77(v)1 is SCARCE in Public domain.

Limited pointers:

TRM count = 1956
Field-of-View = 120 degrees +/- in azimuth and elevation
Target detection range = 460 KM (maximum); will notice and track a potential target having a 1 m^2 uniform RCS around 200 KM mark (notice-only range is bigger).
Missile Guidance = 10 targets at the same time

Americans have much experience in building AESA radar systems; they managed to develop advanced variants back in the 1990s. They have produced 4th generation AESA radar systems by now. Imagine this.
What I posted was news about the Chinese media interviewing the Zhuhai Air Show.This is the designer's answer to questions about the level of radar technology.He replied that the technical level of radar is the same as F22.I posted the original text, but no one read it.

What I posted was news about the Chinese media interviewing the Zhuhai Air Show.This is the designer's answer to questions about the level of radar technology.He replied that the technical level of radar is the same as F22.I posted the original text, but no one read it.
Fair enough. Now WE have some "context."

@PakSword
Can you guide how a picture/blip looks like at low frequency... like very blur/distorted 144 pixels, video? or even worse?

Seriously? Did you even read his post? I don't want to tyrn the thread into vs mode.... few years ago, i participated in such thread.. but now a days it will turn into personal abuses...
Anyhow, if cost effective 4th gen fighter have similar specs as 5th gen f 22... then god help US..

Was it that hard to make you understand that share some knowledge and information in rebuttal that will help everyone to learn and understand. Instead, you continued with blank statements and making no efforts excepts that wasting my time as well. You keep posting the same thing over & over despite being asked to share information but seems like you have nothing except the words "4th gen" & "5th Gen".

Thread banned with a warning for downplaying all the efforts to make you realize as how to rebut.

Specs wise Rafale has an upper hand and jf17 will remain a bit behind always due to its basic design and capability restrictions. What happened on 27th was a result of good planning, a skirmish VS a whole war is a different game altogether

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom