What's new

Featured Qatar Diplomat: Both Countries working on JVs defence production, JF-17 aircraft project, defence training!

Rafale, EF and F-15E Strike Eagle are 4.5 generation only....... ..

I would rather say that JF 17 is not comparable at all because it is light weight. These are medium weight aircrafts with superior technological advantages. So, it would be better to wait for credible source... Thank you.
But there still remains a point that all these fighters cost so much to maintain and fly, while jf-17 block3 with aesa, better avionics can do MOSTLY everything that these other jets can do and still flight cost will be lower than that of an f-16. Its a really good bargain for a country like Qatar which is very small. But again i also have my reservation over this news.

Do you think the large contract prices of military systems supplying by Qatar was only due to technical concerns?

EF procurement - Consolidating UK political support
Rafale purchases- Balancing the France
Undertaking F15SE development costs - Reassuring to the USA
Creating a New Navy in Fincantieri Shipyards- Balancing Italy

Why nobody questioning that Qatar continues to need Pakistani support ? In another respect, can't Pakistan's technical capabilities be a means to relieve EU and US pressure on Qatar?

Turkey's S-400 purchase

Exactly its a purchase...not a joint program like their TFX for which they have partnered with UK. Since OP was about JF-17 which has stakes of Chinese military industry i gave my input ,Turkey and Pakistan can definitely boot something new from their experience. Erdogan was in no position to go ahead with the S-400 deal until Trump regime came. Erdogan used the leverage of the Trump-NATO rift to get the purchase done.

Do you think the large contract prices of military systems supplying by Qatar was only due to technical concerns?

EF procurement - Consolidating UK political support
Rafale purchases- Balancing the France
Undertaking F15SE development costs - Reassuring to the USA
Creating a New Navy in Fincantieri Shipyards- Balancing Italy

Why nobody questioning that Qatar continues to need Pakistani support ? In another respect, can't Pakistan's technical capabilities be a means to relieve EU and US pressure on Qatar?

The question makes sense but on other hand, Pakistan cannot offer on the level like of above mentioned countries for the time being but however, we might see that Pakistan Qatar will start with a JV like Thunder and gears up for further advancements. May be the idea is to set or initiate a self reliance base and move on to bigger scope.

The question makes sense but on other hand, Pakistan cannot offer on the level like of above mentioned countries for the time being but however, we might see that Pakistan Qatar will start with a JV like Thunder and gears up for further advancements. May be the idea is to set or initiate a self reliance base and move on to bigger scope.
While Qatar solves the financing problem of some development activities here, Pakistan can get the support of third-party allies where it lacks. Perhaps we do not have the technical capabilities of the other countries mentioned for some spesific areas, but our total strength has an inestimable value in regional geopolitics, and if a faster bureaucratic mechanism can be established in terms of our technical capabilities; we can also compete on military systems basis in the foreseeable future. To give an example, do you follow Qatar's BMC investments in TR ? BMC will become one of the most important land systems manufacturers in the world within 10 years. The same Qatar supplied exorbitant price Leopard 2 MBTs , from Germany just a few years ago.

Pakistan could be the go-between - an indirect route of investment in Chinese technology.

Since Pakistan's programs are still shrouded in secrecy, even the JF-17 (still no images of Block III and scant information) it is quite possible that Qatar might have been involved helping Pakistan fund the program as a silent investor. Its just my speculation, however, it is an open secret that they have taken very keen interest in the program, unlike any other gulf state.
Part of this drive might even have been due to the rift between UAE/SA and Qatar, which although it seems to be over on paper, and perhaps in principal, its effects will remain so for quite sometime and mold Qatar's foreign policy accordingly.
I don't honestly see Qatar inducting JF-17s either but if they get involved in funding R&D in Pakistan aerospace industries (AZM, AI Institute, etc.) that will be a huge boon for Pakistan and Qatar will also get the technology and expertise that Pakistan will along with shoring up relations with us. Its a win-win situation.

As regards to Turkey-Pakistan-China cooperation on next gen fighters or other military projects, I can't see much the US can do about that, unless Congress passes specific laws targeting China, like the CAATSA targets Russia. Furthermore, if Pakistan is the conduit of such transfer or technology under local name/production, it muddies the waters even more for a clear cut response by US or anyone else against the Turks. In fact, I would argue that certain agencies in the US not only turn a blind eye towards such a move but even wholeheartedly support it as a way of patching up with Turkey. If the DoD/Pentagon/WH can't get around CAATSA via Congress, they very well could signal the Turks that they will have no such qualms about them getting cozy with the Chinese. So I see great potential there and I think all sides see benefits is such an arrangement.

My bet would be on a future customized block. Qatar definitely wants some thing it can call its own. JF-17 is the best easy bet it got right now and they have plenty of money to invest and customize as they need.
Is it their pitch to get PAF/Ex PAF pilots to fly a platform for them which noone will have any objections over. Properly integrated these little gems can be a menace to any air force. It also allows Qatar to maintain its independence. Is the LNG contract the sweetner of a give and take from both sides?
A
My bet would be on a future customized block. Qatar definitely wants some thing it can call its own. JF-17 is the best easy bet it got right now and they have plenty of money to invest and customize as they need.
With the ej 200series engines and a Leonardo suite it can turn into quite a lethal puppy. Having said that it could be a source for PAC procuring GAN based AESA radar technology from or show it as a source to entice the Chinese into releasing some more tech to PAC. My thoughts only so feel free to disagree.

A

Last edited:
I've heard Pakistan has good pilots. lol
You don’t say
972B82A7-C1D0-4DE3-A7DA-F7F86652066E.png

Qatar can buy Eurofighters, typhoons and F16s and anything they wish.

you think they will buy JF17s? for what charity?

dukaan pakoroun ki aur bateein Karoroun ki

If they buy they would buy it as a payment for friendship and loyalty

Back
Top Bottom