What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Development | News and Discussions

The initial work was done by an organization in place i used to live but as i mentioned, that was put on hold. There was some activity around 2010 again but not sure how active that activity really was :P
You know it is really hard to restrain oneself from sharing Google Earth snapshots and be in awe of the scale of the 'activity'. Alas.

Agree that this is a very complex system and that is why i mentioned "may be some way down the road" WAYYYY down the road that is!!!! Building four Chinese subs at KSEW will give us some valuable experience and we can slowly but surely build on that. Again, this is talking about things that may happen decades from now, essentially, taking about things that might never happen.
There is a reason I mentioned Jugaad. There is a way, albeit quite risky, of bypassing the entire painstaking decades-long process.

You know it is really hard to restrain oneself from sharing Google Earth snapshots and be in awe of the scale of the 'activity'. Alas.
Oh, Wait, i will check at least for my self if not to be shared on forum. :)

There is a reason I mentioned Jugaad. There is a way, albeit quite risky, of bypassing the entire painstaking decades-long process
WAY TOO RISKY!!
will be a bit stupid to go that way i think. We do not need to pull off an "IRAN" here.

WAY TOO RISKY!!
will be a bit stupid to go that way i think. We do not need to pull off an "IRAN" here.
Yeah and we don't really need to go nuclear under the ocean, India is literally next door. Unfortunately the guys disagree.

Yeah and we don't really need to go nuclear under the ocean, India is literally next door. Unfortunately the guys disagree.
guys dont matter, thankfully!!
Un ke suno gy tu we need a couple of aircraft carriers too. :P

Sorry sir we do Nasar missile nuclear tip is the proof
WHAT? are you talking about the nuclear material of this missile? Miniature warhead is not same as a miniature reactor. What are you suggesting exactly?

Ok i am looking at the google earth images. Cannot see any activity!!
Were you being sarcastic or am i missing something?
May be you can drop a message in private to discuss this further?

WHAT? are you talking about the nuclear material of this missile? Miniature warhead is not same as a miniature reactor. What are you suggesting exactly?
When you can make a miniature nuclear warhead you are able to make a Miniature nuclear reactor. It is ther salt water boilers that are difficult thing here but advances have been made to that tech long time ago. Cesium was used just as in Russian subs and the reactor are available. the Nuclear sub has many more things than just a reactor to develop. You need them to be silent as well.

An underwater explosion would need to be in the vicinity of the ships it is targeting. It would have limited damage against ships, but pollute the ocean and impact our own source of income from the sea. In order to make it really effective, we would need to create an artificial tsunami, and the science for doing this is beyond our reach. And in this case, I'd say, Thank GOD!!! Then again, if push comes to shove and all is lost, I'd be OK with trying to create a tsunami near India.

Aaaanndd Enrico Fermi rolls in his grave.

I meant THE guys. The establishment.
oo ni!!!
I dont think they are as anxious as the other guys i pointed to!!

Khair,, lets see.

Oh BTW, while google earth was open i though of having a look at KSEW as well, see how these seem to be getting rust. Or are they being refurbished (that cannot be happening)
Untitled.jpg

Quite a few boats we have there: :P
sssd.jpg

When you can make a miniature nuclear warhead you are able to make a Miniature nuclear reactor.
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!
Have nothing to do with each other, absolutely nothing!!

It is ther salt water boilers that are difficult thing here but advances have been made to that tech long time ago. Cesium was used just as in Russian subs and the reactor are available. the Nuclear sub has many more things than just a reactor to develop. You need them to be silent as well
That is true however that still do not mean we have one.
Also about being quite, you are right. That is where nuclear propulsion studies and other relevant studies come in that i mentioned before.

An underwater explosion would need to be in the vicinity of the ships it is targeting. It would have limited damage against ships, but pollute the ocean and impact our own source of income from the sea. In order to make it really effective, we would need to create an artificial tsunami, and the science for doing this is beyond our reach. And in this case, I'd say, Thank GOD!!! Then again, if push comes to shove and all is lost, I'd be OK with trying to create a tsunami near India.
mmm well,, actually by going "nuclear under the ocean" he meant a nuclear submarine. Not an under water nuclear explosion. :P

e59442b1033e69256cfc0b28fd60d90a_woah-woah-take-it-easy-take-it-easy-memes_375-466.jpeg

I was referring to building a nuclear propelled submarine, not naval tactical nuclear weapons.

Not Feasible even with nukes to have a to create decent artificial tsunami you would need few 1000s of nukes

But fewer suggestions can be applied
What if you hit a countries internal water source
Harder but possible , or hit the agriculture areas ,
EMP will be the next big weapon
Or using asteroids can be possible you can control damage area , than shock wave but no nuclar fallout

Back
Top Bottom