What's new

Pakistan's acquisition of the U-214

Guyz a fast question ?

Previously it was thought that U-214 backed by German technology is generation ahead of the Chinese subs

But now with the qing class having huge displacement, AIP and perhaps most importantly the ability to launch cruise missiles. what do you think about both subs now ? which is more beneficial for Pakistan ?

Both subs are good in their own class but Qing class seems to be more beneficial for us as it offers many things that U boats don't like more displacement, more depth, AIP and more importantly the ability to carry much needed nuclear missiles, Above all no fear of embargo and coming with TOT

Also much more feasible in financial terms , like soft loans plus 6 subs in the price of 3 U-214

Qing Class submarine is better option than U214 coz of several reasons

1: This deal is Economical.
2: TOT deal.
3: Bigger boats with capability to fire CM and may be Ballistic Missile and these missile can be equip with Nuke.
4: PN would be able to equip with Nuke so Trident will be completed.
5: More operation range gives PN to to be ready defence as well as offense.
6: It will also help to go ahead for manufacturing Nuclear submarines in future.
7: Sanction free.
8: PN will be only nation other than China to have these boats so capabilities will be a secret for enemy.

However, if U-214 option is available, PN should also try that one as it will give PN two different platform to operate and to look in to technologies.

I think we should close this thread as PN is looking for 6 Chinese SSKs.....

then the Qing class and the U214 is in the same class ...or perhaps Qing class is more advance than the U214., if we look at its capabilities......Insha-Allah......:)

if we will purchase u-214 also this will give boost to our naval power like paf.
paf will add 3 type of fighters in future jf-17 thunder,j-10 and f-16
if pak navy also work on this policy than
they have 3 Agusta 90b,u-214 and Chinese qing class

I think BUT NOT SURE that PN might have started a JV with China on SSBNs that we have announced to produce as well as Next Generation SSKs too...

I am still banging my head why PN has spent on A70s upgrade when around same or a year later A90s were also manufactured by French that are in the dockyard for the past 12 Years without customers had PN procured atleast 2 A90s and upgraded refurbished them it would have been the most potent additional submarines to our A90Bs.

I am pretty sure PN could have spared money for them but corruption with-in PN did not allow many good deals for the past one decade. U-214 is not an option or on the Table for Pakistan any longer.

becasue PN thought that 2-3 U 214 were better than 2 Agosta especially when indians are going for scorpian subs..

however now they dont have money, the situation wasnt so in 2005-06..
if PN knew this would happen to state econmy may be it would had gone for them..

upgrading agosta 70 was a good descion and i guess the cost wouldnt have been too high

becasue PN thought that 2-3 U 214 were better than 2 Agosta especially when indians are going for scorpian subs..

however now they dont have money, the situation wasnt so in 2005-06..
if PN knew this would happen to state econmy may be it would had gone for them..

upgrading agosta 70 was a good descion and i guess the cost wouldnt have been too high

Had PN thought.;)
Agosta 90Bs are very potent submarines. additional 2 would cost you but not as much as brand new and the cost is nothing if those extra A90s would serve for the next decade or even more more say towards Gawadar.

So if PN does not have money how are they looking towards Qing Class which in its self 6 of them would cost around $2.1B atleast..

pakistan should have gone to U 214 best form of defence against large enemy naval force which is almost blue water navy we need good submarines which can play hide and seek with enemy like a gureilla war which is very famous if you dont have much resources hit and hide is good option for small naval force so we need good subs in large quantity

Had PN thought.;)
Agosta 90Bs are very potent submarines. additional 2 would cost you but not as much as brand new and the cost is nothing if those extra A90s would serve for the next decade or even more more say towards Gawadar.

So if PN does not have money how are they looking towards Qing Class which in its self 6 of them would cost around $2.1B atleast..

Perhaps soft loans ?

french really dont like loans and we all know they still would have cost alot ..as they were new actually..building one here would be same cost or cheaper...so considering a new plateform with better capability was the right option as indians were getting a better one i.e scorpio than agosta

Seriously guys , you guys just talk like you know about agosta 90 versus u214 versus Qing class and that U214 should have been selected. Trust me u know nothing nor do I so chill up PN ROCKS and will shock the World in next few years . have some faith.

I am still banging my head why PN has spent on A70s upgrade when around same or a year later A90s were also manufactured by French that are in the dockyard for the past 12 Years without customers had PN procured atleast 2 A90s and upgraded refurbished them it would have been the most potent additional submarines to our A90Bs.

I am pretty sure PN could have spared money for them but corruption with-in PN did not allow many good deals for the past one decade. U-214 is not an option or on the Table for Pakistan any longer.

Although the Agosta-90B has taken too much time as well as money but I am with that as they have started it and completing the project is mandatory. Besides that if they have shown keen interest on JV with the Germans on their U-212 program then it will change the whole scenario for the Navy and they will gain the knowledge that can't be gained from else where. But some suggest that PN is not like Army nor like the Air Force to start JV on different platforms. So what can we say...

Back
Top Bottom