What's new

Pakistan's acquisition of the U-214

well navy always be pakistan's weak point pakistan's miltary startegy think tank i think is weaker when they think they give 100 percent share to AF and army but always forget navy they just give them sallaries

I guess this option is considerable(temporarily) but not the permanant solution of our problems...we should be able to develop our own manufacturing platform at least equivalent to U214 to create our naval defences matchless to any external threat. :yahoo

PN is already working on nuclear subs. let me tell you Pakistan's first nuclear sub marine will be ready around 2013. I had the opportunity of meeting a person working on this project. A 300 Ton nuclear sub marine is in its construction phase now and the construction is going on very fast. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

PN is already working on nuclear subs. let me tell you Pakistan's first nuclear sub marine will be ready around 2013. I had the opportunity of meeting a person working on this project. A 300 Ton nuclear sub marine is in its construction phase now and the construction is going on very fast. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

If this is true ....I will be very glad if it happens...I hope we successfully complete this project in due time...Insha-Allah:pakistan::)

A 300 ton SSN/SSBN :tup:..nice.. hope you will be able to airlift the entire sub and drop it in the ocean instead of launching it on the rails and carry the nuclear reactor on a separate ship overhead. :disagree:

Yeah right! Proof or it never happened!

Please dont post things which have no base.........A 300 ton nuclear sub? Thts really stupid!
The new FACs for PN are over 500 tons...... where will u put the N.reactors?

Note=This is a professional forum... govt,journalists use it to pick info.......so plz delete ur post and dont post funny stuff next time.

Thanks.

Last edited:

I am no expert but isn't 300 tons a bit light for a nuclear sub?

Also, any naval construction is so large that it can be seen by sattelites and is difficult to conceal by those monitoring our dockyards.

Our traditional antagonists, India and the US would be screaming about this.

Operating a nuclear Submarine requires 1 year training. Also how many nuclear submarines does China has ?

Nuclear Attack submarines
Chinese Navy have currently 5 operational nuclear attack submarines and 6 under construction /planned and 2 in reserve

Nuclear ballistic missile submarines
5 Operational with PLAN 2 under construction/planned

Conventional ballistic missile submarines
1 operational

Conventional Attack submarines

47 operational 1 under construction

the thread is about the acquisition of U-214 subs and the way things are developing, both the U-214 and french subs plans are either on hold or shelved in favour of a possible chinese platform.

There is no news abt U214 since November 2009...when PM Gillani said that the deal is under negotiations in an interview.....but I think since then I never heard any news n I think now the deal is dead......!!!
As for French, the way they treated us for JF-17 avionics ...I think we will not buy any thing from them for some time. China (frigates, JF-17, Tanks, AWACS) & USA (F-16, frigates, weapons) are the only partners left we should trust and go ahead.....USA dont make any sub suits Pakistan or the other they hav are Nuclear which are not for sale.
So, I think we should goto China for Nuclears Subs...n the project shold be Joint venture as we had of JF......our Agosata experience will also play a part in it.

the thread is about the acquisition of U-214 subs and the way things are developing, both the U-214 and french subs plans are either on hold or shelved in favour of a possible chinese platform.

In a situation where everyone busy with pleasing India its seem unlikely that pakistan can get any western sub right at this moment .i think it will be a prudent decision to go for Chinese sub until the western one available and equip it with some turkies part they are developing for their u-214 and learn to build under tot jf-17/alkhalid in pakistan .

Plz prove ur comments with sources .....there is no news that India intended to buy U214

The Indian Navy has floated a tender to acquire six new conventional attack submarines as part of Project 75(I), the submarine line that will run parallel to the Scorpene line in Mumbai. The RFI has been sent to shipbuilders that are believed to include Russia's Rubin for the Amur 1650, Fincantieri for the S1000, Navantia for the S-80 and HDW for the Class-214.

Livefist - Indian Defence & Aerospace: Indian Navy Floats Tender For Six New Conventional Attack Submarines

India allocates $11 bln to build six new submarines: paper | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

The Indian Navy has floated a tender to acquire six new conventional attack submarines as part of Project 75(I), the submarine line that will run parallel to the Scorpene line in Mumbai. The RFI has been sent to shipbuilders that are believed to include Russia's Rubin for the Amur 1650, Fincantieri for the S1000, Navantia for the S-80 and HDW for the Class-214.

Livefist - Indian Defence & Aerospace: Indian Navy Floats Tender For Six New Conventional Attack Submarines

India allocates $11 bln to build six new submarines: paper | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Is this indian navy related thread?????
Ur mrca tender has been floating around since a decade and now this!
Here P.N wants 7 subs!
DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Navy to buy seven submarines

All our agostas are getting AIP and upgrades also!
May even lease a N sub from china:
China Defense Blog: PLAN’s Xia submarine to Pakistan??

Okay so they r making it secretly while someone told u about it so u can come to a public forum to talk abt it so enemy can know for sure?:tdown:

Arent u revealing a top secret and being a traitor? i advise u to delete ur post again!!

i don't think it is the case,he might be fooling around.we don't have economy or budget to build a nuclear sub at this point in time .with limited budget we already have purchased four f-22p frigates,and are looking for 4 more, then deal for 3-4 new subs is also floating ,plus 6 Z-9Ec helis,refurbishment of OHP and P-3C orions, 2 missile ships ,possibility of milgem as well these are more then enough when we look at our budget .how the heck we can build a costly nuclear sub,if PN would have felt the dire need for nuclear sub they might have lease it from China

Back
Top Bottom