What's new

Pakistan Navy interested in J-11Bs

Status
Not open for further replies.
JH-7 are still under development and construction.
PN can get them brand new in very reasonable price.

The only problem is the political issue. This toy can be very useful in nuclear attacks.

Can be a great bomber as well to replace AQ-5 Fantan.

361 posts in 19 days only :woot: It shows the importance of J-11bs and thats why indians are barking. Currently we are talking about the interst which Pakistan showing to purchase J-11Bs and our indian members are trolling this thread what will happen if Pakistan purchase the subject AC. I think something is burning in our nieghbours side:flame:

361 posts in 19 days only :woot: It shows the importance of J-11bs and thats why indians are barking. Currently we are talking about the interst which Pakistan showing to purchase J-11Bs and our indian members are trolling this thread what will happen if Pakistan purchase the subject AC. I think something is burning in our nieghbours side:flame:
first post in this thread was at 05-22-2011 05:14 PM .dumb@ss.:laugh:

My bad, but after your quick response i am 100% sure that something is burning from your side go and call fire brigade now a days air is flowing from east to west.:rofl:

Very rationale questions. Can anyone answer !!

You always plan ahead and ambitiously so you may get most out of your energies. Also when it comes to National Defense, cost is secondary and need is the directive factor. Pakistan always provided its forces what they needed and what was required to defend our homeland. We are not short of resources or financial potentials and you know that well. So satisfy yourself with an answer that Pakistan will have all it needs as it always had before.

Pakistan is on the verge of developing Nuclear Submarine. If you had asked the same question about it, you would've got the same answer. Its your need which drives your planning and not finances and Alhamdolillah Allah has always given us what we needed.

Yaar, J-10B is different multi role new front line for Pakistan land while J-11Bs's primarily job on sea.

Don't get frustrated due to PESA radar, it will be upgraded to AESA. China doesn't want to show it on public.

What difference you see between J-11b & J-16 ?

What difference you see between J-11b & J-16 ?

Slightly larger paylod and slower takeoff speed for the J-16.
Perhaps higher AoA capability due to the canards.

Slightly larger paylod and slower takeoff speed for the J-16.
Perhaps higher AoA capability due to the canards.

Even for naval gurd, J-16 can be better & long serving AC for pakistan thn of J-11b?

Even for naval gurd, J-16 can be better & long serving AC for pakistan thn of J-11b?

I dont think so.. the J-16 offers little over the J-11b in terms of operational effectiveness since the PN does not need such large payloads of the sort the J-16 offers as the increase will not correspond to an increase in weapons carrying ability of the sort the PN needs.
What the PN needs is an air defense and anti-ship strike fighter. A fighter that can operate well out into the sea and provide CAP's with support from AEW. For that the J-16 represents a large RCS aircraft that will give itself away to an attacking force much earlier.

Moreover, the increased payload within the J-16 will not allow for carriage of More ASM's, just two more bombs or so.
So ideally, the range, the electronics and the payload offer a better mix for the PN in the J-11b.
However, considering that the PN will most likely stick closer to the coasts initially and then fall back towards gwadar and pasni.

The J-11B is ideally suited for all forms of Anti-Naval warfare.Fit some carrier killers on to these and we've got a whole new platform.Keep in mind however,that this aircraft can only be bought if our idiot government releases the necessary funds.

If this news is true it's a serious insult to the JF-17 Thunder. It costs overwhelmingly less than J-11 B's in terms of both procurement and operation. The Navy gets the smallest portion of Pakistan's defense budget and operates on very tight strings. It's not even thinkable that the Navy would choose to induct completely new dual engined platform while the Air Force (who has a much more generous budget) has already been integrating JF-17 squadrons and also complimenting them to be better than F-16's in "some aspects", and the JF-17 overall being able to take out "any of the current threats". I've also heard that Pakistani pilots have flown Chinese J-11 B's alongside the Chinese in Joint Exercises, perhaps even taken out other Chinese J-11 B's with their J-11B or JFT or possibly both. So I see no reason for Pakistani Navy to induct a new so called Chinese aircraft with controversial origins, performance and Russian engine. I would rather suggest PN to develop a JF-17 Naval version or if you got the money, go for Gripen all the way.

well i personally think the navy will hav to concentrate on their own running projects.i.e F22p ,nuclear sub,fast attack crafts and naval verson of babar+aquaring new subs...
developing gawadar base and navy stretigic force command...
sooo wt about to rest a little bit and aquire J 11 b?? till 2016-2018 when JFT twin seated version will also be available and block 3 will also be induced......and marages of PN will be near their retirement.
i suppose thats the time for developing naval version of JFT...:thinktank::cheers:

you point is valid, I am just rating aircraft on tech specs, on that basis the MKI is right up there, only the Eurofighter or the upgraded F-15 comes close but as they will never be involved in a war in Asia specifically South Asia, the MKI is by far the best.

soooo u r actually comparing MKI of India with pak,bangladesh,srilanka and such air forces??
let it be indused first then start comparing.....
and who has 5th gen fighter else than india??
soo first let any other airforce let be indused before comparing...
it's all sence due to which u were comparing 5th gen with 4th gen....
i must say sence of humor is not good of u..
it's just face....not trolling...

well JF17 engine is when going to be replaced with WS 10???

We should try for powerful twin engine may be two engine from jf17 so we can have smae spares and training rather get something different and much training, spares and different platform
We should try to build another aircraft twin engine same but powerful specs from jf17

My bad, but after your quick response i am 100% sure that something is burning from your side go and call fire brigade now a days air is flowing from east to west.:rofl:

You are absolutely right. There is always something burning on the other side of the fence, this aircraft or some other issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom