What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

Which system VT-4 is using to protect against ATGM's ?
Gl-5

You mean to say these changes were made on Pakistan's request????
And what about the engine....during the last trials engines were reportedly having problems with the transmission....have they been rectified as well?????

Oplot is also coming so fingers crossed. Engine should be enhanced or changed

how is it compared to Varta Optronic of Oplot M ?

I thought Oplot P was selected and we have placed an order of 100 Oplot P

It was sent back with some Recommendations, its coming back with probable changes PA asked them , I am in favor of Oplot P, and buying 6D-T 1500 HP engine from Ukraine for AK-II .. we should get around 200-300 Oplot-P's .

here comes the improved model. Notice the olive green color of the gun, and it now has a muzzle reference sytem as well.

The older version lacked both these enhancements

maxresdefault.jpg
Can you please elaborate the function of muzzle reference system? Is it used for calibration purposes?

I am seriously starting to have a feeling that we may opt for both VT 4 and OPLOT. We have around 1200 to 1400 older Tanks to replace even if we don't go for one to one replacement we still would need to replace at least 1000 Tanks so I really doubt that we would choose one Tank and have 1000 of that Tank I really believe it would be at least two Tanks and if we decide to go for one to one replacement that we may even see Altay. Eventually Zarrar will also have to be replaced.

@Horus @Path-Finder @Arsalan.

i just hope pakistan start manufacturing engines and other subs systems

we should push for indegnization to some extent, look at turkey
For that we need to increase corporation with Ukraine and get engine technology from them. We have golden opportunity to get our hands on engine technology through Ukraine. Missing this opportunity would be a national betrayal and we would pay the price for next many decades.

Both will be tested again and one of the two will be selected. We do not have 1400 mbts to replace, rather close to 800. The Alzarrars are not going anywhere for the next 10 years at least. The 85IIAPs have also been upgraded so no need to panic.

For now, majority of PA mbt fleet comprises of third gen mbts:

Around 450 AKs
50+ AK-1s
320 UDs (upgraded)
300 85IIAPs (upgraded)
550+ Alzarrars (upgraded 59s and 69s)

Around 1700 uparmored, day and night capable 125mm HMC gun equipped, composite and RHA armored tanks. All can fire modified Naiza series DU rounds.

That is a pretty decent number of third gen mbts

I have this feeling that the older 1200 tanks will go to the FC or other forces on the Western borders. I think the number of troops in general are being increased to counter threats on the Western front.

You mean to say these changes were made on Pakistan's request????
And what about the engine....during the last trials engines were reportedly having problems with the transmission....have they been rectified as well?????
Fake news. There is no problem with engine. There are many lies on social media about Chinese product especially those Western born Pakistanis who still try to cling onto the falsehood that western countries is the best friend of Pakistan while China is a evil nation just trying to lynch Pakistan.

From Chinese forum, some of the Chinese side representative involved in VT-4 tender for Pakistan. Never say anything about engine problem complaint from the Pakistan. And they claim they are confident to meet all requirement of Pakistan. The others competitor tank are simply too outdated to compete with VT-4 in terms of sensor and network. VT-4 is a highy network tank that can share data with a battalion, UAV and even radar that it has very high chance of locate enemy tank first and take action. Ukraine Oplot-M simply lack of such sophisticated network to be the new generation tank.

Thailand army are very impressed with VT-4 and they quickly placed order of it.

VT-4 engine is using computerized fully automatic transmission that makes the response and handling like a sport car. The engine of VT-4 can be swapped out and replace with a new one in just 45mins while Oplot engine needs half day time to complete such task. I do not know why so many Pakistanis think so highly of such an obsolete tank like Oplot?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom