What's new

Pakistan Air Force to procure Belgian C-130 Transport Aircraft | June 2022 .

If fund permitted the PAF should go for five A-400 Atlas's. It's an exceptional transport.

In my humble opinion, The Embraer C390 Millennium seems to be the only long term replacement for PAF's C130s. :)
The U.S. has probably kept us away from any and all used F-16s because they know that even used A/Bs would up the PAF's combat capability.

Sure, a used F-16A/B itself may not mean much, but in the PAF, it adds one more capable air-to-air asset and, in turn, frees up a JF-17 for deploying stand-off range weapons (SOW) like IREK. That's a meaningful chain of improvements.
Hi,

We have a shortfall of funds---.

From used to new---we have climbed one massive mountain range---used f16's to new JF17's---. That was priority # 1.

And as we saw the need---we got us the J10-CP's and took the game to the next higher level---.

When it comes to weaponry---our mindset about its acquisition is different to that of our neighbor---primary reason being finances and that has made us re-invent our thought process and utility.
Why should I answer some silly hypothetical questions from some brain dead senile person who cannot understand basic logic.

Go find a fire hydrant and remember to lift the right leg. #ing Yindoo.
Thanks for posting. I was suggesting the same above. We should put them through our own depot for structural refurb. and then get the Americans or the Turks to glass the cockpit. Given this is not an offensive platform, the Americans would release the necessary clearances.

Last edited:
Has PAF attempted to buy RAF C-130J's/J-30's being phased out?
BAF has already procured 5 ex-RAF C-130J's and, to my understanding, is on the look out for more.

Has PAF attempted to buy RAF C-130J's/J-30's being phased out?
BAF has already procured 5 ex-RAF C-130J's and, to my understanding, is on the look out for more.
I don't think so tbh. While the PAF can support the AE-2100 engines (via the Saab 2000s), there are a lot of other differences between the C-130J and legacy Hercules that would make adding even used C-130Js relatively costly. However, if the PAF decides to pursue new C-130J-30s from the U.S., then yes, it would start seeking the used C-130Js to help supplement that new Hercules fleet. Ironically, the PAF might have been able to do exactly that if it had pivoted the FMF money towards the C-130J instead of the F-16 back in 2017 (@MastanKhan)

I don't think so tbh. While the PAF can support the AE-2100 engines (via the Saab 2000s), there are a lot of other differences between the C-130J and legacy Hercules that would make adding even used C-130Js relatively costly. However, if the PAF decides to pursue new C-130J-30s from the U.S., then yes, it would start seeking the used C-130Js to help supplement that new Hercules fleet. Ironically, the PAF might have been able to do exactly that if it had pivoted the FMF money towards the C-130J instead of the F-16 back in 2017 (@MastanKhan)
C-130s just don't die. The inductions costs don't matter much if you consider lifecycle costs. I would say get whatever variant you can find from wherever if in good condition.

we got some c130-30j's coming on the market......... should go for those too. would last well into the 2050's given your ability of keeping plane's made in the 60's and 70's in the air.
they have the same engines as the you saab 2000's
1659542727507.png

Today 04/08/22 C-130H 4482 as PAF482 (CH-11) made a testflight above Belgium departed from Brussels as AP-XAV.
Best regards, Edwin Huskens
Good to see you back
Good addition and smart buy by paf
Agreed 100%

Last edited:

If you have further information on the topic, please share it in same thread instead of using reporting option to add such information to the OP. By that means, an OP will be updated repeatedly which results in missing information for existing users. Kindly post accordingly whether it had to be shared on last page or as a last post. Using reporting option for these kind of edits, is further burden for Mod Team.

Hope you understand,

Regards,

If you have further information on the topic, please share it in same thread instead of using reporting option to add such information to the OP. By that means, an OP will be updated repeatedly which results in missing information for existing users. Kindly post accordingly whether it had to be shared on last page or as a last post. Using reporting option for these kind of edits, is further burden for Mod Team.

Hope you understand,

Regards,
Understood

Back
Top Bottom