What's new

Pakistan Air Force to procure Belgian C-130 Transport Aircraft | June 2022 .

END OF AN ERA

C-130 RETIRED FROM RAF SERVICE

10TH JUNE 2023

FykwTAmXgAYoNO9

END OF AN ERA

C-130 RETIRED FROM RAF SERVICE

10TH JUNE 2023

FykwTAmXgAYoNO9

You posted the Retirement of RAF's C-130's on the Pakistan Air Force thread.

Any clue as to where these Herc's are going other than the boneyard...

You posted the Retirement of RAF's C-130's on the Pakistan Air Force thread.

Any clue as to where these Herc's are going other than the boneyard...

Just a pointer towards their availability.

At the moment the next future Pakistan AF C-130 is making a testflight out of Brussels. On the tracking sites visible as PAAF 650, marked AP-XAU.

Don’t know which serial it carries

What is important for Pakistan…is it bread or cargo planes. I think rioting people need bread.

I can understand why the PAF would want additional used Hercs, but it's really time to move away from the type IMO. The Y-9 would be the best alternative IMO, we already operate the platform for the ZDK-03 and China is investing heavily in the type given all the numerous C4I and surveillance variants. It would also reduce maintenance and support costs if we harmonise tactical transports on a single type rather than relying on two types.

I can understand why the PAF would want additional used Hercs, but it's really time to move away from the type IMO. The Y-9 would be the best alternative IMO, we already operate the platform for the ZDK-03 and China is investing heavily in the type given all the numerous C4I and surveillance variants. It would also reduce maintenance and support costs if we harmonise tactical transports on a single type rather than relying on two types.
Logistic and Support infrastructure and 50 odd years of flying and supporting experience makes the C-130 an ideal choice, too bad nothing came of Y-30 after a model presentation. I can't speak much about Y-9, while my understanding was / is that the ZDK is based on much upgraded Y-8 and not Y-9. However, then again I do not know how different Y-9 are to Y-8 parts comparability wise.

Rumor was that the PAF wanted to donate the ZDK to PN and free it self for more Erieyes, not sure how true though.

Hi,

We are already working on extremely reduced costs on the C-130's---. They are peanuts to what would cost to buy new aircraft and maintain them---train new staff---create new facilities---.

With the C-130's---we buy them---we dump them in the 'old yard'---with the 'old techs'---with the 'old equipment & machinery'---to keep them in an operational condition---.

The primary focus for pak military should always be to get the best frontline combat equipment---.

Hi,

We are already working on extremely reduced costs on the C-130's---. They are peanuts to what would cost to buy new aircraft and maintain them---train new staff---create new facilities---.

With the C-130's---we buy them---we dump them in the 'old yard'---with the 'old techs'---with the 'old equipment & machinery'---to keep them in an operational condition---.

The primary focus for pak military should always be to get the best frontline combat equipment---.
i always believe we need 50 c130 s due to our size and requirements

Back
Top Bottom