What's new

PAF & USAF Joint Exercise Falcon Talon

Regardless of FATF, denial of weapon systems etc. The fact they came in such large numbers and made this a major event gives crucial knowhow and training with the world's most powerful military. It keeps the PAF a well oiled war machine and if the need arises will go in with full confidence that their their drills are bloodless battles (Roman army), which will give them an edge in any military conflict.
Politics and politicians aside, both militaries have good relations and understanding.
In late 2018, it was USAF which approached the PAF, kind of complaining that PAF was holding exercises with host of other Air forces but not USAF.... thus Falcon Talon took place in January 2019...and in February the PAF showed its Talons to the Indian Army and Airforce.

Politics and politicians aside, both militaries have good relations and understanding.
In late 2018, it was USAF which approached the PAF, kind of complaining that PAF was holding exercises with host of other Air forces but not USAF.... thus Falcon Talon took place in January 2019...and in February the PAF showed its Talons to the Indian Army and Airforce.

That's good to know. As I stated I was surprised at the size of all this. The PAF carries on doing what is best.
I'd love to see the J-10's come to RIAT....That would really set the stage.

That's good to know. As I stated I was surprised at the size of all this. The PAF carries on doing what is best.
I'd love to see the J-10's come to RIAT....That would really set the stage.

I would love to see the J10Cs come to Europe ( either RIAT, Farnborough or Paris ) but a part of me thinks they may end up going to Turkey first on training/exercise/show off the new bird etc.. ( and i would happily travel to Turkey to see it ) - I managed to get a peek at the JF17 when it first came to Farnborough all those years ago and met Munir (RIP) there aswell and also flew out for the day to the Paris Airshow aswell more recently where they did a flying display in 2019.

Will the Chinese allow J10c for exercise with western airforce’s

I won't recommend that. Firstly, usaf never allowed paf to practice with f35. Secondly, usaf has a nasty habit of sharing everything with Israeli af. And from there it would trickle down to indians.
Thirdly, China won't allow it. Remember, block 52 vipers were monitored to keep Chinese out.
Wow that’s a very large USAF delegation and team.
As for the exercises J-10 v top US aircraft make it happen…

Is that the reason they are conspiring to over throw a democratically elected government of Pakistan because they are our friends?
Friends? no

but i don't see Pakistan fighting a war with the US for the next 100 years at least, we have no reason to

Friends? no

but i don't see Pakistan fighting a war with the US for the next 100 years at least, we have no reason to
Nobody is talking about a war here. Naturally, we are in no position to fight a war with the US however that does not make us friends, far from it to be honest.

I won't recommend that. Firstly, usaf never allowed paf to practice with f35. Secondly, usaf has a nasty habit of sharing everything with Israeli af. And from there it would trickle down to indians.
Thirdly, China won't allow it. Remember, block 52 vipers were monitored to keep Chinese out.

Yes you’re right, maybe over Pakistani soil but of course tech can still overcome that.

Why USAF conducts separate exercise with India and Pakistan with such small duration in between the two?

In Dec 2018 USAF had exercise with IAF and a month later in Jan 2019 they had exercise with PAF.

Now in March 2022 they had exercise with PAF while there is a scheduled USAF and IAF air combat exercise in May/June.

I wonder if J-10 from PAF will ever feature in such exercises in future or if PAF will observe same kind of limitation imposed by the Americans about F-16s not being part of exercises involving PLAAF.

they just arrived. even if there was no concern or limitation by China, PAF has not integrated the Jets yet,
I understand that J-10s were involved in exercise with Gripen fighters of Thai air force.....beating them very convincingly....Gripen contains many American gadgets ... well i'm sure Americans will be keen to find out how the J-10 performs against their Vipers and Eagles....the only possibility of that is in PAF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom