What's new

Karakoram HeliSki 2013 Documentary

they found the rare brown bear too :woot:

and he didnt give a fuckk of what these guys were doing there !! :omghaha:

What an awesomely executed idea! Bring skiers and snowboarders from all over the world, organize a mega event, create hype through BBC, take them to the most beautiful places in the world (the kinda places that would make you forget you wife, kids and mistress), take gorgeous and breathtaking shots, make sure the skiers don't do jack throughout the video (maybe they just chose less skilled people), plant your huge and disgustingly ugly watermark across most of the screen, hire the most schizophrenic monkey you could find to serve as your music man and sound editor, making sure not only that the music is $hit and completely unfit for the video but also that it jumps abruptly from scene to scene like a 5 year old high on sugar.....and that is how you ruin a great opportunity. I hope that they at least released it in HD as well. Expected more from Walk About Films, they've done better jobs before.

This was shot in spring, the brown bear you see had just come out of hibernation. It's spring and all you see in Deosai is dozens of feet of snow! Ah Pakistan.... how do you do it?

Longer version (still has the water mark but the music is a lot better synced):

The promo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Contacted Walkabout Films, they said we'll have the HD version soon.

that be great !!

plus this sport can be made commercial very easily, by dedicating some choppers, and necessary facilities and can be great for our country's image !

Goras really have a lot of fun in the northern areas with all the artifacts and local things.

The language barrier makes the experience all the more enjoyable.

At around 19:00 in the vimeo video, it looks as if the helis are skiing!

Great bit of piloting.

remember in Alpha bravo charlie, they transported a goat on Eid via heli :D

Yeah I remember that scene. The best part in the video was when that Himalayan bear came on the top of the mountain after end of its hibernation. Amazing stuff.

Goras really have a lot of fun in the northern areas with all the artifacts and local things.

The language barrier makes the experience all the more enjoyable.

What language barrier? My regular guide is fluent in English, French, Polish and Japanese. Speaks a little of Russian too :azn:

that be great !!

plus this sport can be made commercial very easily, by dedicating some choppers, and necessary facilities and can be great for our country's image !

Absolutely, this and many others. The best thing out of that would be the economic welfare of the local people. Its astonishing to realize that we don't have these sports thriving here. These videos could help a lot. For example, paragliders have been recently pouring into Hunza like crazy. It started snowballing after this one little film:

Last edited by a moderator:
A civilian chopper organization should be created for such activities. Would be really great for tourism in GB.

What language barrier? My regular guide is fluent in English, French, Polish and Japanese. Speaks a little of Russian too :azn:

I meant the local population...those young kids, shopkeepers etc.

I meant the local population...those young kids, shopkeepers etc.

Yeah, most of them are. Every little kid there is brought up to be a porter/guide on the side. The people have picked up these languages from the many expeditions that have gone there and at the very least you'll be able communicate with them easily in english. Because you see, at one time all of their livelihoods depended on these foreigners (especially the shopkeepers, jeep drivers and porter/guides).

ps: my guide is a Balti from Barrah, lives in Skardu.

Yeah I have read the same. Even local 9-10 year kids can speak several international languages. They even earn a few euros or dollars thanks to this ability.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom