What's new

JF-17 Thunder exports estimated at $5 billion

I have seen Chinese media reports quoting a senior CATIC offical as saying that there are four to six potential customers showing interest, but I haven't seen any confirmed sales yet.

Here come Indian-Devil. Every time with a new troll

24 Aircraft reported to one country Azerbaijan. IRAN, EGYPT and many more are also interested.

First check the news and its figures properly before saying others as troll. Many more countries might be intrested but on which bases you are giving the figure as $ 5 Billion??? Or are you correcting the mistake of the media person and putting additional orders from countries which has not even placed or confirmed the orders ??

"Earlier, the press spread information about an agreement with Azerbaijan regarding the purchase of at least 24 JF-17 fighters estimated at about $17m each, which envisions the volumes of supply at about $500,000,000."

First check the news and its figures properly before saying others as troll. Many more countries might be intrested but on which bases you are giving the figure as $ 5 Billion??? Or are you correcting the mistake of the media person and putting additional orders from countries which has not even placed or confirmed the orders ??

"Earlier, the press spread information about an agreement with Azerbaijan regarding the purchase of at least 24 JF-17 fighters estimated at about $17m each, which envisions the volumes of supply at about $500,000,000."

Come on ......there are almost 2400+ F7's sold during 26 years (1980s - 2006)....sold to almost 18 countries (almost ~92 per year). Now keep in mind that F7 came in 2006 was entirely improved then those came in 1980's.

Now the process of evaluation is much expidiet then before (1980s to 2000's) and you will see more improved versions in coming years in the form of JF-17 Block II n III (Block III expected to comeout in 2016). And all those 18 counties are going to retire F-7's in near future......there purchasing power is not high that they can buy 30 million AC......Surely they will go to China......n JF-17 would be the best option they would have......

China n Pakistan surely sell minimum 300 pieces (thats for sure @ the rate of 40 to 50 pieces per year from both PAC & CAC till 2016 till arival of Block III ) they will earn near to 5 billion.

150 Block I (2009)(including PAF 50) = 100 export x $17m = $1.7 Billion
250 Block II (2012)(including PAF 150) = 100 export x ~$22m = ~$2.2 Billion
200 Block III (2016)(including PAF 100) = 100export x ~$26m = ~$2.6Billion

$1.7B + ~$2.2 B + ~$2.6 B = ~$6.5Billion :cheers:

Last edited:

Again we are running around in circles.....24 is for Azerbaijan.According to some TT members Egypt wants JFT in three figures....There are alot of other countries....If news reported 24 doesn't mean JFT wont have any other sale....

Okies....look people....many of the Airforces around the world still operate J-7s and Mig-21s in their fleet. They have choices...to buy Russian and western Modern Jets to replace their all J-7 inventory and maintain a hi-hi mix or look for an economical replacement of their current inventory and maintain a hi-lo mix. Of course I'm not saying that AFs will reject likes of Su/Mig-35 Rafale and Typhoon but they wont afford it in large numbers like 100 or even 50+. The number balance will remain crucial as you cant rest on though technologically superior but still fewer number of ACs. Thats where I expect JFT to make its way. Okey lets consider that USAF vipers, when retired will be avilable at low cost. Yet they cant be had without the permission of USAF. The threat of sansctions is also considerable whereas Chinese dont have any such history so AFs alrady operating Chinese ACs will prefer JFT rather than a western replacement

How much we can produce in a year ?

Once the PAC starts running at full capacity, 2 per month is the figure.

Currently some parts are being manufactured at PAC and some are coming from China.

So if we start doing the 100% here, then the Chinese production line would be empty and can be used for export orders.

Sir,
Any idea how much time PAC will take to produce all the parts indigenously.

Well i see the time line of something of 100% around 2015, that also if all goes well. By 2012 the target is 58% as reported, it may be more or less, depending on factors.

Wonderful News Indeed, Congrats, so Who is Going to Market or Export It,. Pakistan or china?? I do Not see any flaws In that Aircraft, Iam Pretty Amazed in Pakistan's Willingness to Compete in the Aviation Industry, Pretty Welcoming Move Indeed....

I do not see why my countrymen are fighting Over it, Not realizing that This would Steal Western Monopoly over Asian Rise.... a 5 billion $ Deal means a Nightmare for Western Markets..... If this Deal Goes then We must be the Ones who must be happy as Asian Products would get a Name in the World and even a fair amount of chance to Erase the Goodwill Of Western Defense Industry..:tup:

How you can be happy when earning of these deals and these toys will stand against you. forget Asian patriotism. even they earn 5 Billion or 5 million all will be used against us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom