JF-17 Thunder exports estimated at $5 billion

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
August 11, 2010 in Pakistan
Tags: JF-17 Thunders

Pakistani fighter Catic JF-17 Thunder has been demonstrated at an airshow in Farnborough.

It has attracted the interest of a number of countries including Azerbaijan.

JF-17 Thunder fighter was initially developed by Chinese engineers for the needs of the Pakistani army. First fighters JF-17 Thunder (Chinese FC-1 Saolun) were supplied to the Pakistani armed forces in 2007.

Now the project is entering a new level and the Chinese-Pakistani producers are searching ways to the international market.

Among potential customers who demonstrated interest to the innovation are Azerbaijan, Iran, Egypt, Turkey, Venezuela and a number of other countries.

Earlier, the press spread information about an agreement with Azerbaijan regarding the purchase of at least 24 JF-17 fighters estimated at about $17m each, which envisions the volumes of supply at about $500,000,000.

The JF-17 fighter is 14 m in length, the wing span is 8.5 m and it is equipped with RD-93 engine.

The capacity of the plane is 3720 kg, the battle radius at the fighter version is 1200 km, maximal flight range is 3000 km. It can be equipped with different types of air-air and air-land rockets, as well as air bombs.

already posted within the forums....mod plz delete.....

Didn't they price it a bit too cheaply? But then again, no rich country would wanna buy it because they have their own aircraft to make.

Anyway, glad that we finally have a cheaper solution for a modern airforce

Please use calcultor before putting the price details or order value. It will come hardly at 500 millions instead of 5 billion dollors , even if you add some more money for weapons or other equipments.

How 24 JF-17 can costs 5 Billions? Even same no of Eurofighters or Rafael will not cost that much amount.

Please use calcultor before putting the price details or order value. It will come hardly at 500 millions instead of 5 billion dollors , even if you add some more money for weapons or other equipments.

How 24 JF-17 can costs 5 Billions? Even same no of Eurofighters or Rafael will not cost that much amount.
Here come Indian-Devil. Every time with a new troll

24 Aircraft reported to one country Azerbaijan. IRAN, EGYPT and many more are also interested.

Some birds told me that TuAF is also interested in JF17 but it looks unrealistic to me

We have 240 F16s in present time and 116 F35s are already ordered we most likely to buy a double engine aircraft and JF17 dont suit that role :confused:

Some birds told me that TuAF is also interested in JF17 but it looks unrealistic to me

We have 240 F16s in present time and 116 F35s are already ordered we most likely to buy a double engine aircraft and JF17 dont suit that role :confused:

According to Dr.Okuz from WAFF Turkey is interested in 2 Aircraft Programms there are Talks with EF-2000, KF-X and JF-17. The US would most probably deny to install turkish made Subsystems and Weapons in F-35, thats the Reason why Turkey consider JF-17.

I don't think that Turkey go for the current Variant of JF-17, TurAF will probably introduce a more Advanced Variant with Stealth Features, ASEA Radar and CFT.

FC-2.JPG

If the news is worth it's salt then this is also true which many Pakistani members would like to decline.
JF-17 Thunder fighter was initially developed by Chinese engineers for the needs of the Pakistani army.

If the news is worth it's salt then this is also true which many Pakistani members would like to decline.
Yes it worth its salt. The news is Estimated exports. Not who made it. You guys can believe whatever you want. Your believing wont change the facts.....

BTW a lot has been change since initial development and current JFT and PAF contibuted much more in that current JFT. Do educate yourself with JFT program.

It would be unrealistic if we say Turkey is crazy about this plane. But Turkey might be interested to offer systems for this Aircraft. In other words Invest in this plane. It Will boost the relation as well make money for turkey.

Your believing wont change the facts.....
And the fact at present is that none of the "Estimated export" has been ordered by any of these countries. By the way, good luck for some real orders !!!

And the fact at present is that none of the "Estimated export" has been ordered by any of these countries. By the way, good luck for some real orders !!!
Thanks for wishing good luck......

BTW no one thought that K-8 would get any export orders. But today K-8 operators more than 11 countries are using that plane.....

Wonderful News Indeed, Congrats, so Who is Going to Market or Export It,. Pakistan or china?? I do Not see any flaws In that Aircraft, Iam Pretty Amazed in Pakistan's Willingness to Compete in the Aviation Industry, Pretty Welcoming Move Indeed....

I do not see why my countrymen are fighting Over it, Not realizing that This would Steal Western Monopoly over Asian Rise.... a 5 billion $ Deal means a Nightmare for Western Markets..... If this Deal Goes then We must be the Ones who must be happy as Asian Products would get a Name in the World and even a fair amount of chance to Erase the Goodwill Of Western Defense Industry..:tup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom