What's new

JF-17 Thunder by Deka Ironwork for DCS

JF-17 vs Indian Mirage 2000, the battle came even. Mirage doesn't have turn-rate advantage.

I think the JF 17 in DCS is under-powered for some reason.

Even when flying with guns only you can still feel its engine should be doing more in turning fights.

Not sure why this is in the game - just my opinion.

Hilarious

yes i think there is a general bias against Russian and Chinese weaponry in DCS. Like they even went as far to actually dumb the SD-10 down when it was performing better than the AIM-120 initially (not sure if it is C5 or C7 in DCS.

In other online/youtube videos (of DCS users commenting on weapon performance) you can clearly see their surprise at how the avionics and weapons of JF-17 are performing in the game and they can't believe it at times; so much so that they blame it on a 'bug' in the game.

JF-17 on SEAD/DEAD mission against S-300 SAM site using LD-10 anti-radiation missiles.

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2020.04.19 - 14.10.24.56.jpg

The model of JF-17 was not given to Deka by PAF. Dekha Ironworks got it from a third party who got it from CATIC guys some 12-15 years ago.

Hence the performance figures of JF-17 in the model are under reported. Such as thrusts, climb rates, turn rates do not mimic the actual performance of JF-17. In reality, the JF-17 of today has significantly better performance as compared to this model in DCS.

Thank you for clearance.

But by this Logic, JF17 gives tough time to F16 in DCS and in some events it has beaten it. If JF17 is under programed in the game then how comes it beats F16? In reality it is less superior to f16 in PAF ranks. for me the only difference in F16 A,B,C,D versions are the radar and missile etc. the basic dog fight remains the same for all the f16 models hence AB are as capable dog fighters as C,D, no?

Thank you for clearance.

But by this Logic, JF17 gives tough time to F16 in DCS and in some events it has beaten it. If JF17 is under programed in the game then how comes it beats F16? In reality it is less superior to f16 in PAF ranks. for me the only difference in F16 A,B,C,D versions are the radar and missile etc. the basic dog fight remains the same for all the f16 models hence AB are as capable dog fighters as C,D, no?
Things like EW, Radar and other avionics which makes difference in real life are not factored in DCS properly because that involves complex technologies.

In DCS till now best fighters by growling sidewinder
Not surprised that F16 was number 1. Pleasantly surprised that JF17 made it to number 2. Extremely surprised that not a single russian or french fighter made it to the top 5.

tejas ij tha baysht, numbar jero 0, above numbar 1!:lol:

Really surprised to see JF-17 as second best fighter in the game. Specially when you consider that the game has almost all the modern fighter planes...

Not surprised that F16 was number 1. Pleasantly surprised that JF17 made it to number 2. Extremely surprised that not a single russian or french fighter made it to the top 5.

tejas ij tha baysht, numbar jero 0, above numbar 1!:lol:
And those who are well in touch with DCS very well know the credibility of the video auther he is very knowledgeable player in dcs "growling sidewinder" he done complete study on aircraft then examines in game play with every best & wrost aircrafts ability then he made conclusions. I was surprised too.
& one more thing PAF has these both top aircrafts in its inventory.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom