What's new

Iran’s 600 Missiles

A significant number of Iranians would like to throw the Mullahs out and prefer that their country becomes a secular democracy. Khomeini nihilated/neutralized many of his non-fundamentalist political opponents after the Shah left, aka opportunism. Don't tell me Iran is a fully-functional democracy. The only way this Revolutionary Council maintains power is by biased elections.

Iraq was a dictatorship.

Iran can do squat against the USA. It may hit a few rockets inside Isreal but otherwise the conventional superiority of the USAF/USN/USMC/IDF combine is simply unstoppable.

The one thing that Iran is good at, and which will be its likely course of action, is asymmetric warfare.

I doubt the USA would stage a ground attack.

Iran's 600 missiles; questionable effectiveness.

Since your unable to understand any geo-strategic and political relationships in my post.

Whats your point webby , in all your arguments you are trying to piece together non linear events and coorelate them .

Here are some recent articles which might help you understand the issue well enough.

Israel threatens war on Gaza and Iran - Telegraph

It says Isreael planned to attack Iran . Did I disagree with this ? All I am trying to point out is it is Irans Bellicose intention and behaviour towards Israel that instigates them, still I find no instance where Israel has threatened Iran directly or has created trouble in Iran directly or indirectly. Why dont you ask yorself this. When a country simply drags you as enemy one fine morning , aids and trains elements trying to create instability in your nation and one fine morning declares :" Israel should be wiped off the map" , what do you call this? who is wrong here ? Does Israel threaten Turkey, Egypt, Jordan , then why Iran suddenly?

Israel has no right to attack Iran because it is developing nuclear weapons (or at least Israel thinks they are).

In the same measure Iran has no right to train , aid and abbet Hezbollah and no right whatsover to question Israels existannce on earth.

If Israel does attack Iran.. then it is Iran's every right to defend itself in any means possible (in an offensive manner or in a defensive manner).

Yes, Iran has every right to defend itself, but the interesting this is will Isreael attack when US is ready to do their job? and if so how will Iran defend itself especially how does it plan to launch offensive ops?

Furthermore, if your interested to gain more knowledge about the Iran and Israel issue.

Then feel free to click here.
Iran-Israel relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you need more information. Let me know.

Thanks.

Says one thing clearly , it is Iran that has been bellicose even after receiveing clanestine support from Israel for its war efforts .

Webby the truth is Israel is simply being dragged in to mainstream conflict by Ajad , his economic policies are woefully inadequate and he is using Israel to ratchet up the crowd. Amidst all this I cannot find any instance where Israel has done anything to destabilise Iran. In fact when Iran opens up Israel will be the first to embrace it.

Hold on a second here. Israel has 150 to 200 NUKES. Iran has 300 missiles. Now I assume Israel has missiles for those nukes too and most of them are possibly tactical nukes? So for each missile Iran fires Israel could retaliate with a tactical nuke...Iran would become a glass parking lot but they would just blow up a few buildings in Israel with the TNT packed in missiles? How can anyone in Iran even consider this a credible deterrent? It's suicide!

Hold on a second here. Israel has 150 to 200 NUKES. Iran has 300 missiles. Now I assume Israel has missiles for those nukes too and most of them are possibly tactical nukes? So for each missile Iran fires Israel could retaliate with a tactical nuke...Iran would become a glass parking lot but they would just blow up a few buildings in Israel with the TNT packed in missiles? How can anyone in Iran even consider this a credible deterrent? It's suicide!

maqsad.
I know Iam playing the devils advocate here, but i think this statement is just to show that we can retaliate as well. You have mentioned how suicidal the idea is. You are absolutely right, but the point is a desperate nation will do exactly that, and this is what the Israelis fear. If you evaluate the situation carefully in the middle East, the only time Israel has come close to losing the war was against the Egyptians and look who is their friend today.
If you read the Quranic discription of the jews, it says" and they will not fight you unless they are behind a "Faseel" ( i cant think of an appropriate english word). The long and short of it is even though they make tall claims, they will not venture out where they risk losing lives, and with Iran they fear exactly the same-- and hence their reluctance. See how many infiltrations they have made into Lebanon since the drubbing they got from Hizb Ullah.
Then look at the Pandoras box that will be opened if they Nuke Iran. Will Pakistan tolerate this and will China tolerate this. Will it mean all out war. Can they afford it as aggressors without a just cause and not face retatliation. I can assure you they will evaluate the situation carefully, and try and cajole the US into striking Iran and not themselves for obvious reason and do a lot of behind the door diplomacy --- if you know what Imean.
This is my 2 paisas worth
Araz

maqsad.
I know Iam playing the devils advocate here, but i think this statement is just to show that we can retaliate as well. You have mentioned how suicidal the idea is. You are absolutely right, but the point is a desperate nation will do exactly that, and this is what the Israelis fear. If you evaluate the situation carefully in the middle East, the only time Israel has come close to losing the war was against the Egyptians and look who is their friend today.
If you read the Quranic discription of the jews, it says" and they will not fight you unless they are behind a "Faseel" ( i cant think of an appropriate english word). The long and short of it is even though they make tall claims, they will not venture out where they risk losing lives, and with Iran they fear exactly the same-- and hence their reluctance. See how many infiltrations they have made into Lebanon since the drubbing they got from Hizb Ullah.
Then look at the Pandoras box that will be opened if they Nuke Iran. Will Pakistan tolerate this and will China tolerate this. Will it mean all out war. Can they afford it as aggressors without a just cause and not face retatliation. I can assure you they will evaluate the situation carefully, and try and cajole the US into striking Iran and not themselves for obvious reason and do a lot of behind the door diplomacy --- if you know what Imean.
This is my 2 paisas worth
Araz

actually that's wrong. the israelis attacked iraq's nuclear facilities, and iraq had SCUDs with biological and chemical warheads. and they didnt launch those against israel for the fear of nuclear annhilation.

so, if israel is to strike iran's nuclear facilities, will iran launch those 600 missiles in the hope of blowing up a few buildings and killing maybe a few hundred israelis? remember that israel has arrow2 & pac3 ABM systems. most of those missiles will be shot out of the air.

Like the way they shpt out Hamas's home made katsusha rockets. I have serious doubts.

actually that's wrong. the israelis attacked iraq's nuclear facilities, and iraq had SCUDs with biological and chemical warheads. and they didnt launch those against israel for the fear of nuclear annhilation.

so, if israel is to strike iran's nuclear facilities, will iran launch those 600 missiles in the hope of blowing up a few buildings and killing maybe a few hundred israelis? remember that israel has arrow2 & pac3 ABM systems. most of those missiles will be shot out of the air.

If you assess the fighting mentality of the iranians against the Iraqis you will get the answer to your problem. The 2 are totally different and whereas Iraqis had all the might they could not win a war against the iranians inspite of the whole world stopping arms sales to Iran. The fact that the iranians turned it into a stalrmate is great credit to them.I still feel that unless the situation becomes untenable the israelis will venture out and if there is to be an attack they will get the americans to lead it.
Araz

"there is a reason why it is very hard to defeat the mujahideen, and in fact, any other defenders. it can be summed up in one word: determination. if you take a look at the casuality figures in the afghan war, you'll find that the taliban have suffered terrible number of casualities, several times more than NATO troops. yet they are far from defeated. that is because the taliban are determined, and willing to suffer casualities. NATO on the other hand, gets shaken up every time a handful of soldiers die.

history has proven that it is very difficult to defeat an enemy in his homeland. nazis vs soviets, usa vs vietnam, soviets vs taiban, israel vs hezbollah are but a few examples. in all the above cases, the defenders suffered much more casualities than the attackers, and yet came out triumphant.

the taliban's greatest strength is their disregard for their losses. if they werewary of losses, they would have surrendered in about 2 weeks after the afghan war started."

Aha!!! What do you say to your above statement in a different thread and your response above Mr SU 47.
Araz

^^^Another reason why the US is finding it tough in Afghanistan is that it has to adhere to "rules of war" and minimize collateral damage, whereas Taliban is free to use whatever tactics it feels like.

I am sure if the US of A decides to abandon its principles and go the whole hog - depopulation and carpet-bombing, the Taliban will be down in months, if not weeks.

^^^Another reason why the US is finding it tough in Afghanistan is that it has to adhere to "rules of war" and minimize collateral damage, whereas Taliban is free to use whatever tactics it feels like.

I am sure if the US of A decides to abandon its principles and go the whole hog - depopulation and carpet-bombing, the Taliban will be down in months, if not weeks.

No. That does not work. It simply turns everyone who is left alive in the populace into your enemy. The US killed 2 million Vietnamese civilians, you can see how that worked out. All sides killed millions of civilians in city terror bombing in WW2, it didn't significantly effect the outcome of the war. (With the exception of the deployment of nuclear weapons) The laws of war are enforced so carefully for the benefit of the US almost as much as the benefit of the local civilians. Now, I am sure the US could simply kill every human being in Afghanistan, but that rather defeats the purpose does it not?

If you assess the fighting mentality of the iranians against the Iraqis you will get the answer to your problem. The 2 are totally different and whereas Iraqis had all the might they could not win a war against the iranians inspite of the whole world stopping arms sales to Iran. The fact that the iranians turned it into a stalrmate is great credit to them.I still feel that unless the situation becomes untenable the israelis will venture out and if there is to be an attack they will get the americans to lead it.
Araz

israel will pressure USA to attack iran. if USA doesnt respond israel will attack iran themselves.

now the question is, if iran is attacked, will they retaliate? will they launch 600 missiles and face nuclear annhilation? that's the key question.

"there is a reason why it is very hard to defeat the mujahideen, and in fact, any other defenders. it can be summed up in one word: determination. if you take a look at the casuality figures in the afghan war, you'll find that the taliban have suffered terrible number of casualities, several times more than NATO troops. yet they are far from defeated. that is because the taliban are determined, and willing to suffer casualities. NATO on the other hand, gets shaken up every time a handful of soldiers die.

history has proven that it is very difficult to defeat an enemy in his homeland. nazis vs soviets, usa vs vietnam, soviets vs taiban, israel vs hezbollah are but a few examples. in all the above cases, the defenders suffered much more casualities than the attackers, and yet came out triumphant.

the taliban's greatest strength is their disregard for their losses. if they werewary of losses, they would have surrendered in about 2 weeks after the afghan war started."

Aha!!! What do you say to your above statement in a different thread and your response above Mr SU 47.
Araz

i am not sure i follow Mr. Araz. which thread and which post are you referring to.

IRAN IS A REAL LION OF ISLAMIC COUNTRIES. THESE 600 HUNDRED MISSILIES ARE ENOUGH FOR SPREADING ISALMIC TERROR IN ISREAL AND AMERICAN COUNTRIES THEIR STREETS AND CITIES .ISRAEL HAS BEEN FEARED OF THIS MISSILES.EVERY BODY KNOWS THAT AMERICANS POWER ARE BESIDES NON-ISLAMIC COUNTRIES IF ISRAEL STAND ON ITSELF THEN REAL COMPETEION STARTS BETWEEN ISAEL AND IRAN AND IRAN WILL WINS .
600 MISSILES==TERROR IN ISREAL AND ITS ALLIES

IRAN IS A REAL LION OF ISLAMIC COUNTRIES. THESE 600 HUNDRED MISSILIES ARE ENOUGH FOR SPREADING ISALMIC TERROR IN ISREAL AND AMERICAN COUNTRIES THEIR STREETS AND CITIES .ISRAEL HAS BEEN FEARED OF THIS MISSILES.EVERY BODY KNOWS THAT AMERICANS POWER ARE BESIDES NON-ISLAMIC COUNTRIES IF ISRAEL STAND ON ITSELF THEN REAL COMPETEION STARTS BETWEEN ISAEL AND IRAN AND IRAN WILL WINS .
600 MISSILES==TERROR IN ISREAL AND ITS ALLIES,
:tdown::agree:

Back
Top Bottom