What's new

India working to make Bangladesh a desert

Indians wanted to stay much longer but the freedom fighters didn't want these cow piss drinking Bharat soldiers on their land.

The objective was to keep Bangladesh subjugated with a permanent military presence but that was unpopular so they were shoved out.

You think BD is a bad place haven't you watched slumdog millionaire yet?
Do You know how many slums Remain in India???? The Slum shown in Slumdog was closed off more than 10 years ago, there is only 1 remaining big slum now in Mumbai. Do you know Crorepatis or Millionaires live in that slum??? They are businessmen selling fruits and vegetables They were on TV and they vowed not to move out of the slum even though they can afford more! Dig up their interview on rediff if you want!

. I feel pity for you, because you have built up a notion of India from a MOVIE and People here call me Mr Bollywood! I would not have felt this way about you if You had referred to a Work of fact and not a Mass Masala entertainer (a pretty good entertainer at that) like Slumdog! Yes there is Poverty in India, but just think, of the Millions in your own country! You dont have as much population as that Of India but Why is there still Poverty in your Country? Or Why is your country having no or zero global standing????? You Make me Sick, Rather your Hatred Makes me SICK!

INDIA is not gonna make YOUR country a DESERT, How can it, when the SEA LEVEL is rising Alarmingly! Watch out for the SEA, not the MIRAGE!

Last edited:
Editorial
Water transit protocol needs to be based on principle of reciprocity

EVERYONE agrees that a more integrated South Asia will be beneficial for not just the peoples of the region but the countries as well. Such integration will require more connectivity and more avenues for interaction among the peoples of the South Asian countries. One of the major avenues to this end is, of course, increased trade and commerce, once there is a political agreement for mutual cooperation and friendship. In the current context, the interconnectivity refers specifically to the relations between Bangladesh and her larger and immediate neighbour India.

That there is a political commitment from the two governments to fostering friendly relations should not be in doubt, if statements and pronouncements of the two are to be taken seriously. The most obvious course to follow is forging stronger trade relationship, presumably leading to more interaction between the peoples, which we consider the primary and most important step for further integration.

The ongoing discussion about renewing a bilateral agreement and, more specifically, the protocol for water transit between Bangladesh and India, as reported in New Age on Sunday, would surely provide a crucial element towards increasing avenues of trade and commerce. However, in this regard, it must be pointed out that agreeing to an equal number of ports of call on both sides of the border and making them available for use by the other country is not sufficient or genuinely reciprocal. Considering the nature of trade and trade volume between Bangladesh and India, which is strongly skewed to India’s favour, it should be the Bangladesh government’s position to demand equal opportunity for business.

It would be meaningless for Bangladesh to gain an extra port of call, in exchange for Ashuganj, if there is no scope for furthering export to India. More importantly, it is the current government’s responsibility to review decisions of the previous government and make amends, if necessary. The choice of which decisions of the previous governments to question and which ones to endorse must not be a matter of political convenience and expedience but be based, in this case, on trade interests of the country.

The negotiators representing the Bangladesh government should impress upon their Indian counterparts the importance of genuine practical reciprocity in business and commerce. It should be demonstrated that India, despite being an advanced developing country, has seldom made concessions to Bangladesh to actually assist the least developed country to increase its exports to the ever-increasing Indian market, which should have been a moral obligation. Consequently, Bangladeshi exports to India are just about a tenth of the Indian exports to Bangladesh.

India has also, in the past, failed to carry out its own pledges that would indicate it harbours a friendly spirit. Beginning with the failure to reciprocate in the exchange of enclaves and the ‘experimental’ Farakka Barrage, India continues to deprive Bangladesh in more ways than one. This has only created a stronger rift among the peoples of both the countries.

To increase connectivity and interaction, travelling to and from India should be made easier for the citizens of both countries and towards that end visa requirements should be significantly relaxed, if not fully withdrawn. As far as trade matters are concerned, both sides should explore avenues to help bring about a reasonable parity in the volume of commerce and business by primarily increasing Bangladesh’s exports to India.

http://www.newagebd.com/2009/feb/16/edit.html

Do You know how many slums Remain in India???? The Slum shown in Slumdog was closed off more than 10 years ago, there is only 1 remaining big slum now in Mumbai. Do you know Crorepatis or Millionaires live in that slum??? They are businessmen selling fruits and vegetables They were on TV and they vowed not to move out of the slum even though they can afford more! Dig up their interview on rediff if you want!

. I feel pity for you, because you have built up a notion of India from a MOVIE and People here call me Mr Bollywood! I would not have felt this way about you if You had referred to a Work of fact and not a Mass Masala entertainer (a pretty good entertainer at that) like Slumdog! Yes there is Poverty in India, but just think, of the Millions in your own country! You dont have as much population as that Of India but Why is there still Poverty in your Country? Or Why is your country having no or zero global standing????? You Make me Sick, Rather your Hatred Makes me SICK!

INDIA is not gonna make YOUR country a DESERT, How can it, when the SEA LEVEL is rising Alarmingly! Watch out for the SEA, not the MIRAGE!

well said ahmed

its great to see u after long time

i was really missing your posts

Yes a good question dimension117. These Indians are devious and cunning and must be confronted with a barrel of a gun.

A very immature comment Mr.Munshi. I thought you were an intelectual. Your hatred towards india is visible. But i dont think we(indian and bangladesh) do have any problems which cannot be cleared through Discussion and is not as severe as what indian and pakistan have. I hope the hatred you showed and is always showing in this forum belongs to a minority. Well it should be right, else how can AL a pro india party win the elections. River linking project that you talked about and the barrage project have all objections from within india and outside. And i am sure the same will be solved through postive discussion. But with your level of hatred,i dont think there wont be any postive outcome unless india says that it will move away from the BD border..!!!;) Bring down your hatred my dear..!!!

India has also, in the past, failed to carry out its own pledges that would indicate it harbours a friendly spirit. Beginning with the failure to reciprocate in the exchange of enclaves and the ‘experimental’ Farakka Barrage, India continues to deprive Bangladesh in more ways than one. This has only created a stronger rift among the peoples of both the countries.

A very good article survivor, i think india should not take BD for granted, and should make sure and take steps to gain.. emh or regain or maintain the confidence of Bangladeshis. A peaceful neighbourly relationship with BD is very essential for the stability of the Sub continent.

The formation of a desert requires the presence of certain climatic factors and requirements, which do not exist in Bangladesh

If at all anything the opposite is true in case of Bangladesh - owing to Global Warming water levels in Banglsdesh would rise to alarming levels submerging significant parts of Bangladesh

The very opposite of desert formation will occur in Bangladesh

Yes you are right on that. BD is more concern in salinity of our souther region which will increase significantly as those river water is diverted. We will loose significant amount of areable land as the sea water pouring inside main land. River is the main blood line of BD so we are getting more and more concerned as India is not showing any interest in echological consequences of those diversion.

They will not sneak through India only if Indian politicians stop winning elections getting votes from Bangladeshi migrants which you called "pigs".
disgusting.

Even in Bangladesh election, people blame on Indian voters!!!!!!!!!!! in border areas they call indians as pigs!!! This is really surprising for me, to see so much enthusiasm on voting even cross border for these dirty politicians who could deliver nothing.
Also few people talked about, no slum in India. I happend to watch indian DD and I can see that. I see govt school student going to poo by the riverbank.Maternal mortality is one of the worst in the world in India. 80% of indian subcontinent worse than a slum. Sound harsh but its true, and I dont see its going to get change within this generation. The difference btn BD and IND/PK, we admit the reality and we look forward to change that.

The point is not that we are letting them thru, but that they want to come and live in this country full of slums, so wonder what B'desh is? Worse than slums.

Someone wants to come and your government is so generous to let them even illegally? Lame excuses.

It is obvious if these were not Bangladeshis the idiot Indian politicians from certain parties would have lost to rivals.

When India failed to reciprocate the exchange of enclaves then Bangladeshis do have every right to cross over.

Dam that may kill the Meghna

INDIA has reportedly started construction of the Tipaimukh dam on river Barak. This is not in conformity with equitable sharing of water of common rivers and the principle of good neighbourliness. In spite of repeated protests by Bangladesh, India is trying to establish unilateral control on the river with little concern for its downstream neighbour, Bangladesh. The Barak forms an integral part of the Borak-Meghna river system. Just before crossing the border, the Barak divides into the Surma and the Kushiara, which again combine to form the Meghna, the third largest river in Bangladesh.

The ecology, environment and economy of one-third of Bangladesh have developed based on this river system. The Tipaimukh project, a matter of great concern for Bangladesh, will have serious adverse impacts on the country. During the lean period, the area down the Tipaimukh barrage will dry up for lack of minimum flow of water causing serious harm to the flora and fauna of the region with disastrous impacts on the agricultural economy. During the monsoon due to release of excess water down the river flash floods will bring havoc to the life and properties of the people.

The Tipaimukh project has been designed without assessing the likely impacts on the whole river basin including Bangladesh. Information on the project has not been shared with Bangladesh. The proposed dam located on an active seismic zone may prove disastrous for India as well. Water experts all over the world are now for integrated water resources management for the whole length of a river. Minimum flow should be maintained to keep the river itself alive. The dam is being erected at a time when worldwide movement is for dismantling dams that obstruct and destroy natural flow of rivers.

The New Nation - Internet Edition

Its not the people with Slum Mentality you should be worried about, It is the people spewing HATRED you should watch out for! After all people in the slum may live in small huts, these Hate Mongerers tries to Blur out the Reality which is staring them in their eyes!

Offtopic I know, but I had to say this.

Bangladesh needs to send some sort of covert miltia that can bomb these dams.

Yes Indian sabotage does it again. :bounce:

Yes indians here have been posting hate filled diatribes that don't mention their 'reliable sources' from rupee news and other such blogs every alternate day.

its pitiful how much ur hatred has consumed u. keep bouncing babe, it don't hurt us :)

Apart from calling eachother this or that, what do our Indian forum users think about all these dams that might threaten or are threatening essential waterflow to Bangladesh?
So far, I sense an attitude of, suck it up and live with it.
Anything more constructive then that?

Apart from calling eachother this or that, what do our Indian forum users think about all these dams that might threaten or are threatening essential waterflow to Bangladesh?
So far, I sense an attitude of, suck it up and live with it.
Anything more constructive then that?

Thank you for asking a valid question.

I think any such issues need to be handled through talks. we already have water sharing agreement with bangladesh covering some aspects of this issue(for example the successful ganges water sharing treaty).

take for example the water sharing issues with pakistan. many pakistanis keep talking abt how india is causing problems but they don't even bother to realise that there is an agreement with a third party arbitrar for handling the issue. is india is doing something illegal, go to the arbitrar! for example the baglihar dam was taken to WB by pakistan and WB asked india to change some design and also rejected some of pakistan's claims. such working relationship can exist with bangladesh too.

however there is no cure for hate mongers :disagree:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom