What's new

Former Army officer speaks his heart out about 1971

That is past. India has to pay. we will never forget .
War is always ugly. Bengali people have more bad memories than us pakistanis i beleive.

India will pay. Long live bangladesh , long live pakistan.

Bhutto bas86877 m77877 ans some prior to him were responsible plus yayah who should have handed over

These are the real soldiers of Pakistan, all our love and praise are for the JANBAZ like them.

He spoke with feeling and emotion, and that is born out of raw, undistilled experience. But will any of you reading it also remember that there was more to that story than what he has narrated briefly?

Foxtrot Delta said:
That is past. India has to pay. we will never forget

That there are some within Pakistani society who will never forget is a given, and whatever the government and the administration in India, the Indian people and the Indian nation, if we survive the hazards that the present government has brought on us with their bigotry and hatred, will face without flinching. We have faced it for seventy two years, and faced far worse behaviour than ever we have been accused of, rightly or wrongly.

Remember, when you talk so much about never forgetting, that there is much to forget on the Indian side as well. Those accounts will be produced one day, just as the accounts for Operation Gibraltar were presented when the time came. Your country now openly accepts and acknowledges the criminals and terrorist masterminds in your midst, safe and sheltered from retribution by the buffers that your state itself has placed around them. It is an acceptance and an acknowledgement that did not come voluntarily, not an acceptance that came out of soul-searching; it was extracted. Be sure that not India but other powers in the world, not states, but a moral machinery that does not work for or against any nation, will undermine whatever walls are put up and whatever denials are made in the pursuance of a state policy that has depended on clandestine outrage from the very beginning of our histories as free nations.

But are you not being a hypocrite? Was it not your country that had to pay, that had to settle accounts with its own citizens? Was it India that roused feelings in the hearts of Bangladeshis? Was it India that demanded trial as war-criminals for the soldiers and officers captured during the course of the campaign in erstwhile East Pakistan?

War is always ugly. Bengali people have more bad memories than us pakistanis i beleive.

True enough. And that is why I found the video peculiarly self-serving. It is as if there was nothing that happened that created the murderous resentment, the hostility that he describes.

India will pay. Long live bangladesh , long live pakistan.

A dogged insistence that all will be well between the two former parts of the old Pakistan is self-deluding.

Second, once again, I repeat: converting the suppression of your own people into the alleged crimes of the Indian state is an easy way to pretend that you and your institutions had nothing to do with the situation. It is very late in the day to say,"Long live Bangladesh". What actually happened cannot be swept under the carpet with a slogan. But all that is between you and your Bangladeshi friends.

I blame bhutto and mujiburrahman. Two traitors who sold their country for personal gains and both died like dogs

Even in his speech in early March, Mujib talked about being in the Pakistani state. Would he have said that and risked the anger of his people if they too had not thought like him?

Think about it.

Last edited:
He spoke with feeling and emotion, and that is born out of raw, undistilled experience. But will any of you reading it also remember that there was more to that story than what he has narrated briefly?
War is a terrible thing Joe. You are smart enough and old enough to know that. Men do terrible things to each other. The impact of their actions last a lifetime sadly

War is a terrible thing Joe. You are smart enough and old enough to know that. Men do terrible things to each other. The impact of their actions last a lifetime sadly

Indeed they do, and they have.

My dismay is due to the unthinking rejection of moral responsibility for what was done wrong, and for an attempt to substitute that responsibility by an artificial indignation towards India. We Indians didn't break up Pakistan and create Bangladesh; the West Pakistanis and the East Pakistanis did that to themselves. We helped and supported what was there; we created nothing.

I feel that this unthinking ill-feeling, even when the persons concerned don't actually mean it, is the most dangerous weapon that has come into this battlefield.

Brought tears in my eyes, these are the real jems of this country. My heart bleeds when I think of what we have done to our country by selecting thugs over and over again.

Indeed they do, and they have.

My dismay is due to the unthinking rejection of moral responsibility for what was done wrong, and for an attempt to substitute that responsibility by an artificial indignation towards India. We Indians didn't break up Pakistan and create Bangladesh; the West Pakistanis and the East Pakistanis did that to themselves. We helped and supported what was there; we created nothing.

I feel that this unthinking ill-feeling, even when the persons concerned don't actually mean it, is the most dangerous weapon that has come into this battlefield.
India did what it had to. It saw an opportunity and took it. Pakistan may do the same in the future. This is politics and war. Shit happens

India did what it had to. It saw an opportunity and took it. Pakistan may do the same in the future. This is politics and war. Shit happens

In-Shaa-Allah, Modi will inflict more destruction to India than Pakistan.
You have seen recently, how this so called 'Supa-Powa' lost to China, even a bullet was not fired.

Pakistan may do the same in the future.

I realise that I am speaking to one of the sane members, and need to temper my posts.

What a refreshing change is this wish to do the same in the future!

Seriously, Sir, does no sense of irony overtake you at the moment of writing these words? I ask with the utmost respect.

I realise that I am speaking to one of the sane members, and need to temper my posts.

What a refreshing change is this wish to do the same in the future!

Seriously, Sir, does no sense of irony overtake you at the moment of writing these words? I ask with the utmost respect.
Joe..thats how nations and people think.
Our culture is based on revenge. You know this. Look at the west 2 world wars and best friends. We had a separation and still want to kill each other. Our politicians use us and like sheep we follow.
But you know all this. This mindless violence will not end in our lives and man will always remain greedy and never learn and great empowers are now dust and no more empires

Joe..thats how nations and people think.
Our culture is based on revenge. You know this. Look at the west 2 world wars and best friends. We had a separation and still want to kill each other. Our politicians use us and like sheep we follow.
But you know all this. This mindless violence will not end in our lives and man will always remain greedy and never learn and great empowers are now dust and no more empires

With each reasonable and disarming post, you make it more and more difficult to hold out against you.

Let me admit it straightup: you have a point.

With each reasonable and disarming post, you make it more and more difficult to hold out against you.

Let me admit it straightup: you have a point.
We are pawns at the behest of the politicians. I have been to India and met many good indians. The only point of argument i ever came across being Pakistani was cricket. I can live with that. This senseless and mindless violence has to end. People should be allowed to live and flourish. Schools hospitals and infrastructure are the way forward not news guns

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom