What's new

ECC okays sale of JF-17 to Nigeria for $184.3M

1.5th Generation cheeni jet which even cheeni didn't induct failed failed fai... oh

3 jets for 184 million dollars? Damn it cost them more than 65M/jet. It better be Block III. :|
184mn $ includes spares,equipment,training,munition etc

Just 3:what:
Pata nahi huma kab bara order milla ga:(
This could be initial order,they would certainly go for 10-15 more...

Guys why don't we offer thunders to Angola ? It's an African country situated south of Congo,It economy is doing fine and it's air force needs to replace around 40-45 of it's fighter aircraft's in the coming years.Angola also has 2 Su-30s and most probably will get 8-10 more but it needs a cheap 4th gen aircraft to replace it's remaining obsolete aircraft's.Nigeria and Angola have a good relation thus Nigerian thunders could influence Angola Air force to procure thunders. I am sure they can't replace all of its 45 aircraft's with SU-30 thus thunder would be right option. (Angola defense budget is around 6.8bn USD btw)
Angola Air force;
23-24 Mig 21's
22 mig 23's
14 Su22's
12-15 Su25's

few SU 27
2 Su30

Last edited:
Guys why don't we offer thunders to Angola ? It's an African country situated south of Congo,It economy is doing fine and it's air force needs to replace around 40-45 of it's fighter aircraft's in the coming years.Angola also has 2 Su-30s and most probably will get 8-10 more but it needs a cheap 4th gen aircraft to replace it's remaining obsolete aircraft's.Nigeria and Angola have a good relation thus Nigerian thunders could influence Angola Air force to procure thunders. I am sure they can't replace all of its 45 aircraft's with SU-30 thus thunder would be right option. (Angola defense budget is around 6.8bn USD btw)
Angola Air force;
23-24 Mig 21's
22 mig 23's
14 Su22's
12-15 Su25's
1 SU 27
2 Su30
Angola signed a deal with Russia of over a billion dollars for defence equipment about 4 years ago. That included 12 x Su-30KNs (ex Indian air force ). Unconfirmed reports are they will be getting 6 more to make 18.

Their Su-22s were modernised in Poland and include glass cockpits.

Angola signed a deal with Russia of over a billion dollars for defence equipment about 4 years ago. That included 12 x Su-30KNs (ex Indian air force ). Unconfirmed reports are they will be getting 6 more to make 18.

Will they replace their Mig21's,mig23s,su25s with Su30s ?

They signed the deal 4 years back,they still have only 2 Su30s when will they get the remaining flankers ?

You welcome. Not sure though if you are asking for the source? The Nigerian national budgets are available online. No time to find them at the moment. I will have them save on my computer at home.
No i thanked for the chart bro.

Why do we need a new thread on Nigeria?? We already have several and I would suggest to merge them similar to the ones Myanmar.

It's IMO a most annoying habit to start a new thread for each news ... :hitwall:
or club them all under a new thread "JF-17 foreign sales"

Now i understand why Nigeria was in the News by Propaganda Machine.

Zaleel Media wars.

Any more concrete info on these "two more countries"?

Malaysia and Azerbaijan will be the possible customers for JF17 block 3 , I read on PDF 2 Azeri Pilots is getting trained on JF already someone posted Pictures of it.

Sir one member suggested for senegal . Whats your opinion

Could be, African countries were the targeted market anyway, as i say JF has a lot of potential , Its Cheap/Affordable and comes with a variety of Weapons . Operating + Maintenance cost is cheap , spare parts are easy to come by, Weapons are not hard as China and Pakistan both has homemade solutions .

If some Muslims come to power in BD (chances are next to 0%), I hope they also opt for JF-17....

first BD has to come out of as independent country rather than a Satellite state of India, its so humiliating for BDians than Indian members openly say why would BD wants an Army as they have no immediate threat from their neighbor .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom