What's new

ECC okays sale of JF-17 to Nigeria for $184.3M

Sheepistanis

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: The Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of the Cabinet has approved the issuance of a certificate of sovereign guarantee for the sale of three JF-17 aircraft to Nigerian Air Force against a sum of $184.3 million, to support the declining foreign exchange reserves.

The Ministry of Defence Production had tabled a summary before the ECC which approved the issuance of a certificate of sovereign guarantee to show commitment for the provision of the aforementioned aircraft to Nigerian Air Force, in line with a contract signed between the two sides recently.

Officials familiar with the development told The Express Tribune that the Ministry of Defence Production informed the ECC that the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) was continuing its role as Repair Overhaul Organisation (ROO) for technical operation support of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF).
The ministry further informed the economic decision-making committee that the PAC Kamra had signed a contract for the sale of three JF-17 aircraft and associated package to Nigerian Air Force.

According to Article 6.1 of the contract, PAC Kamra shall present the sovereign bank guarantee from the Government of Pakistan prior to the release of payment by Nigeria. No bank loan or credit financing is involved in this case, the ECC was told.

The ministry told the ECC that the Nigerian authorities had been informed that the Government of Pakistan would issue a certificate of sovereign guarantee rather than a certificate of sovereign bank guarantee, and the Nigerians had agreed to it.

The guarantee referred here is the surety from the Government of Pakistan that contracted products and related equipment would be provided to the purchaser by the PAC Kamra. A draft of the requisite guarantee acceptable to the purchaser is also required concurrently.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1832482/2-ecc-okays-sale-jf-17-nigeria-184-3m/

After Nigeria , within a year we will hear two more countries will most likely sign the contract for jf17 ..
Really sir???? It would be really cool. Can you tell some name sir?

Sir what happened to sri lankan deal?

Wont happen for Obvious reason , there is a conflict between the President and PM of Sri lanka, one is a supporter of China and other is for India .. So i wouldn't care much about Sri lanka for now, but Malaysia and Azerbaijan are two likely countries to Order JF , but block 3 with AESA +HOBS+IRST+Refueling probe . next year is very important for JF project and PAC .

Wont happen for Obvious reason , there is a conflict between the President and PM of Sri lanka, one is a supporter of China and other is for India .. So i wouldn't care much about Sri lanka for now, but Malaysia and Azerbaijan are two likely countries to Order JF , but block 3 with AESA +HOBS+IRST+Refueling probe . next year is very important for JF project and PAC .
If some Muslims come to power in BD (chances are next to 0%), I hope they also opt for JF-17....

I wonder from that US$183.4M how much would PAC get and how much would have to be given to Chinese?

Sir one member suggested for senegal . Whats your opinion

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom