What's new

#BREAKING Recep Tayyip Erdoğan wins presidential election

Oh he changed it for sure. And then kept changing it...to the point where there's no foreign currency reserves.
Bro don’t be a typical Greek hater. They are awash in cash from what I observed. Only issue is him getting stuck in Syria like a fool. Should’ve not gotten involved but he tried to expand the borders when the relationships between Syria and Turkey were going well. Basically did a Pakistan 1980s policy

Oh he changed it for sure. And then kept changing it...to the point where there's no foreign currency reserves.

Erdo is getting authoritarian, but the divide between Islamist vs Secular is so strong that make the Islamist population will keep backing Erdo regardless his getting more authoritarian + bad economic policy.

Many Indians who wants Turkey becomes more secular will cry for this result

Compare Pakistan with Turkey. No doubt that Turkey has its fair share of seculars and Erdogan haters. Yet the Turkish military doesn't interfere in Turkish politics. Those disgruntled elements that tried were always destroyed.

Turkish defence industry is today head and shoulders above Pakistani defence industry. Turkey can thank Erdogan for this incredible feat.
I wouldn’t go that far. Their military was purged in 2016, and Erdogan hasn’t lost an election yet. If Erdogan’s party loses at anytime in the future the pendulum will swing back the other way and the norms of 20th century Turkey maybe restored.

Erdogan has the next 5 years to fix the economy and influence the majority of voters , especially young voters to insist the chances his time in office brought will endure, come what may. He needs a way to embed these changes in the culture and law to the point it can’t be changed without a super majority.

Last edited:
Erdo is getting authoritarian, but the divide between Islamist vs Secular is so strong that make the Islamist population will keep backing Erdo regardless his getting more authoritarian + bad economic policy.

Many Indians who wants Turkey becomes more secular will cry for this result
What choice does Erdogan have if he wants he changes to last, unless there is another mechanism he leaves in place to allow the changes to outlast his rule?

Btw, there is even talk that Turkey will be asked to sell the S-400 on to India to get into the good graces of the US, and to get a major IMF deal, which Turkey needs to attract western FDI. Not sure how much water that holds.

This is per that first video in my earlier on this thread.

This is why the economy is so important, it allows a nation to maintain any semblance of real independence.

Then why are you so upset foinikas? you should be happy right? but the fact that you are not is telling. lol
There's two ways this could go:

Erdogan not doing anything for some months or more,in order not to provoke and try to change his foreign policy towards the Westerners or he could continue the policy of the last 5-6 years and keep getting more and more sanctions.

Now,the question is....how much influence will the ultranationalists have on Erdogan. He needs them and they know it.

I'm more or less indifferent. Because on one hand,if the CHP won,they might have changed their foreign policy when it comes to the Americans and Europeans,but kept the same or worse expansionist foreign policy when it comes to us. On the other hand,Erdogan is someone we "know",but he's behavior and policies inside and outside of Turkey are often erratic.

He could keep being the same Erdogan or he could try to tone it down a bit.

The thing is though,that he has to do something about the Turkish economy. And from what I heard on TV today,the money from Qatar aren't enough.

Compare Pakistan with Turkey. No doubt that Turkey has its fair share of seculars and Erdogan haters. Yet the Turkish military doesn't interfere in Turkish politics. Those disgruntled elements that tried were always destroyed.

Turkish defence industry is today head and shoulders above Pakistani defence industry. Turkey can thank Erdogan for this incredible feat.

They did for a long long time. They were reigned in.

Congratulations to the Turkish people.

Absolutely. Let's make no mistake. The Western powers were involved in the coup attempt. 100%. The difference is that a bunch of generals in Turkey don't conspire against a popular leader of a country. In certain countries the generals who are trained by Western militaries turn against their own government.

Many countries have political issues and no shortage of power hungry egotistical politicians. It is convenient to blame foreign powers for intervention. The power hungry egotistical politicians will call for foreign intervention when it suits them. Let us not pretend that the WEST is all bad and the remainder of the world is filled with saints. Criticism should be fair and balanced.

I wouldn’t go that far. Their military was purged in 2016, and Erdogan hasn’t lost en election yet. If Erdogan’s party loses at anytime in the future the pendulum will swing back the other way and the norms of 20th century Turkey maybe restored.

Erdogan has the next 5 years to fix the economy and influence the majority of voters , especially young voters to insist the chances his time in office brought will endure, come what may. He needs a way to embed them in the culture.

Erdogan has been in power for a long time. Today he has won the elections yet again. It goes to show that the majority of Turkish voters trust his decisions. Soon the Treaty of Lausanne won't apply anymore and Turkey will be fully exploiting the natural resources. Erdogan understands the game. No doubt that the Western world and seculars hate the Erdogan for being independent. Something Imran Khan was punished for and removed from power. Nevertheless, Turkey has a bright future ahead. Independent foreign policy is the way forward.

Many country have political issues and no shortage of power hungry egotistical politicians. It is convenient to blame foreign powers for intervention. The power hungry egotistical politicians will call for foreign intervention when it suits them. Let us not pretend that the WEST is all bad and the remainder of the world is filled with saints.

Just don't ban me from this topic. Please... I know I am conveying my thoughts and you don't like them. Please...

The opposition played its cards very bad.
They openly played themselves into a corner by saying things which apmlified Erodgans main message; that the opposition is going to make Turkiye a puppet of western Europe and USA.
In Pakistan the military would have sided with the opposition just like they did very recently.

What choice does Erdogan have if he wants he changes to last, unless there is another mechanism he leaves in place to allow the changes to outlast his rule?

Btw, there is even talk that Turkey will be asked to sell the S-400 on to India to get into the good graces of the US, and to get a major IMF deal, which Turkey needs to attract western FDI. Not sure how much water that holds.

This is per that first video in my earlier on this thread.

This is why the economy is so important, it allows a nation to maintain any semblance of real independence.

You say there is talk. Can you share a source?

Last edited:
Bro don’t be a typical Greek hater. They are awash in cash from what I observed. Only issue is him getting stuck in Syria like a fool. Should’ve not gotten involved but he tried to expand the borders when the relationships between Syria and Turkey were going well. Basically did a Pakistan 1980s policy
No,no it's not only that. The country has no foreign currency reserves. Analysts now say that Erdogan might even turn to the IMF. The food prices are very high for the average Turk. And remember,they still have to build thousands of houses and buildings for the people affected by the earthquake.

But I agree with you 100% he shouldn't have played a role in Syria's destruction. He invaded,he created a vassal State at the borders. He should have kept good relations with Syria. It was in the interest of both countries!

And ffs,Syria was one of the safest countries in the Middle-East and now it's destroyed. And Turkey has millions of refugees and illegal immigrants and that agigates the local population.

You are definitely not indifferent. lol, no need to play it coy.
I'm actually more interested in OUR elections. You know,we had elections too,the previous week. And we'll have again I think in June.

No,no it's not only that. The country has no foreign currency reserves. Analysts now say that Erdogan might even turn to the IMF. The food prices are very high for the average Turk. And remember,they still have to build thousands of houses and buildings for the people affected by the earthquake.

But I agree with you 100% he shouldn't have played a role in Syria's destruction. He invaded,he created a vassal State at the borders. He should have kept good relations with Syria. It was in the interest of both countries!

And ffs,Syria was one of the safest countries in the Middle-East and now it's destroyed. And Turkey has millions of refugees and illegal immigrants and that agigates the local population.

Syria is destroyed because the US and Western powers wanted to remove Assad and install their own puppet at all cost. Turkey simply intervened because Kurdish fighters were holed up in Syria and supported by the US to sow instability against Russian and Turkish interests.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom