What's new

Zulfi Bukhari not cooperating with investigators: NAB

View attachment 520581

ISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has said Minister of State for Overseas Pakistanis Syed Zulfiqar Abbas Bukhari alias Zulfi Bukhari was not cooperating with the investigators probing a case related to his alleged illegitimate assets.

NAB on Monday submitted its reply to the Islamabad High Court (IHC) in reply to petition filed by Mr Bukhari seeking removal of his name from the Exit Control List (ECL).

The bureau stated: “The respondent (NAB) has initiated the inquiry proceeding against the petitioner as per mandate of law, to probe into allegations of corruption and corrupt practices under the National Accountability Ordinance (NAO) 1999.”

Special Prosecutor NAB Imran Shafique appeared before the court and informed Justice Aamer Farooq that the interior ministry on the request of NAB had placed Mr Bukhari on the ECL on Aug 4 since he was facing an inquiry for accumulating assets beyond known sources of income.

“The petitioner intentionally avoided appearance before the investigation officer and concealed himself from the inquiry proceedings.”

The reply said since there were “strong apprehensions of his abscondance, NAB recommended to the Ministry of Interior for placing the petitioner on the ECL in order to ensure his attendance in the inquiry proceedings.”

Regarding the ongoing inquiry, the reply said: “Consequent upon revelation of Panama Papers, various allegations leveled that the petitioner in connivance with others has established various offshore companies in the British Virgin Island (BVI).”

It said the chairman NAB had authorised an inquiry on Jan 15 to probe into allegations against the petitioner and unearth the element of corruption in establishment of companies in BVI.

“The petitioner along with his family members own companies namely K Factor, Broadbury, Baytech Limited, Bayla Trading, Poieim Trading and Genstam Trading Limited incorporated in the BVI since 2006 onward. These companies established in the BVI have not been declared or reported to the concerned authorities in Pakistan.”

The bureau said Mr Bukhari “did not cooperate with NAB by knowingly and willfully not joining the inquiry proceedings even after issuance of four summons.”

Mr Bukhari in his petition adopted that he “is a British citizen of Pakistani origin…and is currently at Islamabad…his spouse and children are domiciled [in UK] from where his business interests are managed.”

The petition said that Mr Bukhari was cooperating with the investigation team but “was shocked and dismayed to learn” that he was placed on the ECL.

The petition said Section 3 of the Exit from Pakistan (Control) Ordinance 1981 provided for a right of review for any order made by the federal government. However, such a review only creates an illusory remedy.

Interestingly, Mr Bukhari criticised his own government as the petition said: “The petitioner filed a representation and review petition…despite passage of about two months, the review petition of the petitioner has neither been put up for the cabinet, nor decision has been taken thereon by the federal government.”

It requested the court to direct the interior ministry to remove his name from the ECL.

The IHC adjourned further hearing on the petition to Nov 27.

Published in Dawn, November 20th, 2018

https://www.dawn.com/news/1446623/zulfi-bukhari-not-cooperating-with-investigators-nab

@Maarkhoor @CIS-TRANS @Major Sam @Canuck786 @Norwegian @BATMAN @Jinn Baba @Tameem @SmartGeek @volatile @Proudpakistaniguy @MUSTAKSHAF

WHO IS CO-OPERATING IN PAKISTAN ANYWAY?

tenor11111.png

Read my above post carefully and think about it ... consider yourself a US national living in Pakistan for 3 decades and a newspaper shows that you are have assets unknown to US ... on one of your casual visits to US on vacation they try to arrest you on grounds that you have not disclosed your assets in US ... what will you do ?

I think You will say f**k off retard US nationality ... i will never come back again ... they are retards ...

Definitely agree that the US govt and Americans in general are retards - I mean how can it be that Hillary Clinton and Trump were the ‘best’ options for the American populace?

My ideal scenario:

US President: Bernie Sanders
UK PM: Corbyn

Aoa

Sorry for my ignorance but he is a British national - does NAB have powers to investigate him? Especially if his assets and business operations are overseas. I’m not a PTI supporter but I still have not found why NAB is after him

Plz enlighten me

I think the question isn't merely about legal technicalities alone. Whether NAB has the jurisdiction to prosecute a foreign national or not isn't the problem here.

The problem is that this man has been appointed to a Government position and that either he should properly submit to the laws of Pakistan or leave his Government position. PTI, and specifically Imran Khan, have made a big issue about transparency and laws and corruption etc. If someone who was seen flying PM-to-be Imran Khan around on chartered planes and such is appointed to a Government position, there will be questions asked.

Imran Khan cannot criticise NS and the lot for taking personal favors from rich guys like Mian Mansha and Malik Riaz and then do the same without any backlash. If Zulfi Bukhari isn't cooperating, PTI should either make him cooperate or fire him. Saying he isn't technically a Pakistani citizen doesn't excuse the fact that he is now part of the government.

Thats incorrect fact ... He was asked about assets first and appointed on the position later on ... At the time he was appointed he had no source of income from Pakistan and all the life he spent was abroad ...

Now as he is appointed as advisor, now onwards his income from Pakistan will be taxable in Pakistan and he will disclose all his assets at the time of filling of his future tax returns in Pakistan ...

You mean like Maryam Nawaz? Or Nawaz's sons who have never held a government post but owns assets in the millions?

He is a Pakistani citizen and the Pakistani state is fully entitled to ask him to explain his financial affairs.

What they have asked him is also not extraordinary - to explain if his money came from Pakistan (for which he should have paid tax in Pakistan) or the UK.

Unless you are the man in question, stop assuming that he has lived his whole life in the UK or that his entire earnings have been derived from businesses in the UK. It's for him to prove his case; which so far he is failing to do!

By the way I don't know why you can't read simple english .... He is just asking for removal of his name from ECL ... Whats the logic behind putting a name on ECL at the time when he was not in any position or did not own any business in Pakistan ?

And you need to be less bonga and start living in the real world. The man is under investigation and failing to cooperate; and has therefore been barred from leaving the country. This is common practice in many countries around the world; and in Pakistan - a country where he is currently residing as a citizen.

Why doesn't he just evidence that his assets derive from his earnings in the UK? Get it over the done with and leave Pakistan! Rather than fail to cooperate and then play being a victim.

He is appearing in front of investigation team so what's the issue ? But should we keep his name on ECL ? whereas he was on casual visit to Pakistan and even his appointment as advisor he has to be working with overseas Pakistani ... What sane logic is this ?

Logic: I am innocent. My money and assets are from UK earnings as i have always claimed - here is the proof! Now appologise.

Chutiapa: I came before the investigation team but provided no proof and thereafter failed to respond to notices. But let me leave the country so I can continue to serve my people and face no repercussions for my failings.

You mean like Maryam Nawaz? Or Nawaz's sons who have never held a government post but owns assets in the millions?

He is a Pakistani citizen and the Pakistani state is fully entitled to ask him to explain his financial affairs.

What they have asked him is also not extraordinary - to explain if his money came from Pakistan (for which he should have paid tax in Pakistan) or the UK.

Unless you are the man in question, stop assuming that he has lived his whole life in the UK or that his entire earnings have been derived from businesses in the UK. It's for him to prove his case; which so far he is failing to do!

And you need to be less bonga and start living in the real world. The man is under investigation and failing to cooperate; and has therefore been barred from leaving the country. This is common practice in many countries around the world; and in Pakistan - a country where he is currently residing as a citizen.

Why doesn't he just evidence that his assets derive from his earnings in the UK? Get it over the done with and leave Pakistan! Rather than fail to cooperate and then play being a victim.

Logic: I am innocent. My money and assets are from UK earnings as i have always claimed - here is the proof! Now appologise.

Chutiapa: I came before the investigation team but provided no proof and thereafter failed to respond to notices. But let me leave the country so I can continue to serve my people and face no repercussions for my failings.
You are retarded people ... a person came to personal visit ... where his father used to live some 5 decades ago and his name put on ECL and he is asked to provide proof of income of him and his fathers inheritence of previous 5 decades otherwise he will not be allowed to leave ... only a donkey eater can buy this ...

Atleast give him time ... didnt u give time to fat *** NS to go outside ?

I have never liked this guy. His permanent hanging around Imran Khan could harm Imran. I dont know in what capacity and out of which favor Imran wants him to be with him.

You are retarded people ... a person came to personal visit ... where his father used to live some 5 decades ago and his name put on ECL and he is asked to provide proof of income of him and his fathers inheritence of previous 5 decades otherwise he will not be allowed to leave ... only a donkey eater can buy this ...

Atleast give him time ... didnt u give time to fat *** NS to go outside ?

Of course give him time - which they have been! They even made him an Advisor to the PM to make his stay more comfortable :what: whilst he ignored notices to provide evidence.

BTW unless his father opened those offshore accounts 5 decades earlier, it's not that difficult to explain where the funds in those accounts came from - just show your UK tax returns and bank statements evidencing source of income and the transfers made to offshore accounts and you are free to go. Until then, enjoy your stay in Pakistan :cheers:

Why the guy corporate with NAB ??? he never earned or live here in Pakistan. He earned and invest money in aborad not in Pakistan. Can anyone tell me if any Pakistan who live in UK or USA never earned anything from Pakistan never invest anything in Pakistan accountable to NAB or any local authoritise ??? this case was made by well known ex Patwari phetu chairman who was lashes out by the supreme court 1000 of times.

This would be the first time i will actually agree with the opposition. Law should be equal for everyone. Zulfi Bukhari needs to cooperate with NAB and clear his name as we would expect from the likes of Nawaz and Co.

His full name is Zulfiqar Ali Bukhari.
He is a match maker for IK.
More than that he is no body, unless hired by foreign agencies.

NEPOTISM
With that i have no issue ... supreme court is hearing the case and if found no real basis on his appointment then he could be kicked and imran khan should bear some penalty as well out but framing corruption and tax evasion charges on a person whose family is earning abroad since 5 decades is rediculous ... and putting his name on ECL is even more rediculous ...

Think logically ... what message are we giving ... all Pakistanies who were livibg abroad since ages should not come to Pakistan otherwise NAB can start inquiry on earnings of their life ...

By the way the case was made before his nomination as advisor

dawn is not trusted source, now do not come up with, the news, jung and geo source.

Stupid NAB :mad:

Zulfi Bukhari has lived on the moon since birth - where there are no tax returns or bank statements or anything else through which he can prove the source of his wealth :hitwall:

What message are we giving to the people of the moon - that if they come to Earth they would have to live by our laws :hitwall:

Just imagine how unfair it is that a guy who demands that people with offshore accounts prove the source of their wealth - is himself being asked to do the same thing :hitwall:

No other country of the world would ever expect one of its citizens to explain where his money came from :hitwall:

How can the National Accountability Bereau ask a Pakistani citizen to account for his wealth :hitwall:

BTW despite my utterly biased views, I don't actually support this person or the political party to which he belongs :yes4:

Stupid NAB :mad:

Zulfi Bukhari has lived on the moon since birth - where there are no tax returns or bank statements or anything else through which he can prove the source of his wealth :hitwall:

What message are we giving to the people of the moon - that if they come to Earth they would have to live by our laws :hitwall:

Just imagine how unfair it is that a guy who demands that people with offshore accounts prove the source of their wealth - is himself being asked to do the same thing :hitwall:

No other country of the world would ever expect one of its citizens to explain where his money came from :hitwall:

How can the National Accountability Bereau ask a Pakistani citizen to account for his wealth :hitwall:

BTW despite my utterly biased views, I don't actually support this person or the political party to which he belongs :yes4:

I am not asking to stop from investigation but the way it is ... you started panama case from NS as he being highest officer in Pakistan is logical but then your pruority should be your next level persons i.e. local people ... People like Zulfi Bukhair shoukd also be investigated but should be given atleast opportunity to get himself cleared ... putting the name of person on ECL on the basis of not appearing in NAB as he was living outside Pakistan and didnot received any communication is insane ...

And dont bring his appointment as the name on ECL is much older than his appointment ....

Lets agree to disagree

Back
Top Bottom