What's new

Zardari offers China access to Pakistan’s warm waters

Omar1984

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Zardari offers China access to Pakistan’s warm waters

WUHAN , China Feb 21 (APP): President Asif Ali Zardari on Saturday expressed his strongest desire to strengthen the already cordial relationships between China and Pakistan and said China can get access to its ports for trading with the rest of the world. In a joint interview with local television channels, radio and newspaper, the President said that some of the Chinese companies located in central China will find it convenient to trade through Pakistani ports which are nearer than their own.

“We will encourage Chinese companies to come to Pakistan as Pakistan is geostrategically located and provides them access to the rest of the world through our warm waters,” he added.

Replying to a question, the President said that Hubei province, of which Wuhan is the capital, has enormous water resources and grain, enough to feed the whole China and the place is more beautiful than he had thought.

When asked how he assessed the cooperation and relationships between the two countries, he said they were over 50 years old in which three generations of Bhutto family played a very positive role.

He said the history of these relations in Bhutto family is now entering into the third generation starting from late Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto and continuing to his son Bilawal who was here last year to attend Beijing Olympics.

“My party and my government want to strengthen these relations which are historical and very vast and we are proud of China’s progress.”

When asked how he will describe these relations in one sentence, he replied it was not possible for him to summarize them.

“I wish one million Chinese were in Pakistan and one million Pakistanis were in China and take this relationship to another level.”

The President appreciated Chinese media and said it has always been very positive towards Pakistan and played an important role in strengthening the bilateral relations.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Zardari offers China access to Pakistan’s warm waters

Back
Top Bottom