What's new

Z-8 and Z-18 transport helicopter thread

I hope you don't mind the maybe stupid question, but given the camouflage on the uniforms are these soldiers from the PLAN Marine Corps?

The PLA Marine Corps really needs to change the color of their uniform ... makes absolutely no sense to have these bright blue fatigues even in the water.
微信图片_20200805232911.jpg

Finally!

By the way, how official is the original source? Or is it just a private account?

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/cbfX7ZJF9PZ1FJQrKirv5g
The source is "Chinese Weapon Tests" magazine, the narrative mentioned the joint tests between manufacturer and the army testing team on procedure and safety on hosting materials and ATV (all terrain vehicle) by Z8L. Z8L is thus still under flight testing stage.

The magazine source can be described as quasi-official as the tests are not open to public.

Quite interesting, and I must admit, I'm surprised: The Z-8L was always described as a "wide boy variant" of the Z-8G, now - if my laymen's attempt si not too far off - shows it is more a longer and flatter, streamlined fuselage variant.

Z-8L vs Z-8G.jpg

Another question; Do we know, how recent these images are?
The only clue in this news article is that it mentioned the test was done recently. By the way the magazine is owned by PLA 32183 detachment, so it is very official, not quasi-official as I mentioned before.

The only clue in this news article is that it mentioned the test was done recently. By the way the magazine is owned by PLA 32183 detachment, so it is very official, not quasi-official as I mentioned before.
What is 32183? Sounds like an EDD unit?

As per this report, these are allegedly the first PLAN Marine Corps helicopters under the PLANMC 7th Aviation Brigade ... Does anyone know an official report

Also, given that TV-report mentioned above at http://js7tv.cn and @沉默的山羊 from Weibo, but I cannot find the video itself ... also it seems as if the helicopter is the Z-8C; the Z-8CJ is a training variant at the NA University.

Does anyone have the full video?

I have a feeling that Z8L (and Z20) will show up in this year's Zhuhai airshow. We will know its full dimensions then. Let's keep the fingers crossed.

From Huitong
Z8L 8agg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom