What's new

Z-10 & Z-19 Combat Helicopter News & Discussion

235225pr6ey6ehkrvjqgop.jpg
235225zc3bm1iglocg4cc1.jpg
235229gtplf0yyfltsd64j.jpg

Now that WZ-10A is mass produced, PLA is the most powerful ground forces in the world..[/INDENT][/INDENT]

How dare you say like that just because of a new type of helicopter? Remember Soviet Mig-24's experience in Afghan and US's Blackhawk in Somalia. What's purpose of you to say like that? Anyway China never aim to challenge worlds' other armies. It sounds like ignorant megalomaniac's crazy talk. Never to say " the most powerful" in the world, just see how Roma Empire collaped.

Last edited:
there should be a Turret machine gun ...

for podded machine gun you have to move helicopter to hit moving target ...but for turret only turret moves

(Just like in WZ10 Attack helicopter)

Wz19 is slightly above light attack helicopter but below medium attack helicopter. Its engines are not powerful enough to support the additional weight of gun turret. Wz19 is slightly above gazalle helicopter, could only carry limited payload.

Wz10 is medium attack helicopter fitted with more powerful engine. Even so, wz10 can't carry payload as heavy as ah1w super cobra.

On Payload i agree on AH1Z Viper ...

But WZ10 is good in payload as compared to AH1W

Wz10 engine thrust 2x 1350shp

Wz19 engine thrust 2x 940shp

Ah1z viper engine thrust 2x 1800shp

Ah1w super cobra engine thrust 2x 1690shp

Denel rooivalk engine 2x 1904shp

A129 mangusta engine 2x 890shp

Eurocopter Tiger engines 2x 1303shp

Both wz10 and wz19 are better than mangusta and oldest single engine cobra. They are not on same league as ah1w super cobra, ah1z viper and rooivalk. The wz10 could challenge the expensive eurocopter tiger. China needs bigger more powerful enginese for wz10 before could challenge super cobra and viper that could carry full load on 4 main pylons and additional 2 for Aim9m sidewinder giving it capability to shoot down air targets at 9 miles away

wz10 and wz19 are better than mangusta and oldest single engine cobra.
Payload doesn't mean a powerful engine ... Engine have some part in it ... But even turkish new T129 with its engine provide good payload ...

WZ10 can provide 8 main ATGM's + 38 unguided rockets (that is same as AH1W, T129, Eurocopter tiger etc)
However WZ10 is superior to AH1W due to its stealthy airframe, high altitude capability, better rotor system , and better avionics

helicopters like apache, Ah1Z, mi28 can take 16 main ATGMS with them ...

Payload doesn't mean a powerful engine ... Engine have some part in it ... But even turkish new T129 with its engine provide good payload ...

WZ10 can provide 8 main ATGM's + 38 unguided rockets (that is same as AH1W, T129, Eurocopter tiger etc)
However WZ10 is superior to AH1W due to its stealthy airframe, high altitude capability, better rotor system , and better avionics

helicopters like apache, Ah1Z, mi28 can take 16 main ATGMS with them ...

In terms of engine power, the super cobra is superior in thrust to weight, armor, not just payload. We're referring medium attack helicopters comparison.

Apache, mi28, hokum belong to heavy attack helicopter category.

Though my wish is that PAA cancel the order of Vipers and go for:
100 Z-10P (30 Block-I + 30 Block-II + 40 Block-III) till 2025
100 Z-19P (30 Block-I + 30 Block-II + 40 Block-III) till 2025
60 Mi-35s (20 Block-I + 20 Block-II + 20 Block-III) till 2025
Sell out Cobras with USA permission. May be buy some 10+ P-3Cs as they are good for attack and reconnaissance.

As there is and will be its need in all over Pakistan.

Though my wish is that PAA cancel the order of Vipers and go for:
100 Z-10P (30 Block-I + 30 Block-II + 40 Block-III) till 2025
100 Z-19P (30 Block-I + 30 Block-II + 40 Block-III) till 2025
60 Mi-35s (20 Block-I + 20 Block-II + 20 Block-III) till 2025
Sell out Cobras with USA permission. May be buy some 10+ P-3Cs as they are good for attack and reconnaissance.

As there is and will be its need in all over Pakistan.

PAA should proceed with ah1z viper because it is a better attack helicopter in terms of technology, avionics, payloads, engines power, armor, etc. China will only come up with better helicopter next round maybe after they get to reverse engineer better chopper.

Any - similar to Your L-15-wish list - who should pay for them ??

Back
Top Bottom