What's new

Z-10 & Z-19 Combat Helicopter News & Discussion

To be honest me neither. The Z-10 is IMHO more fit to be a scout/recon helicopter than an attack helicopter given its compliment. Hopefully once this new heavy helicopter comes online, the Z-10 will be relegated to the Z-19s role.

Please tell me he is not saying the new heavy attack helicopter will be based on the Z-10. There are inherent design limitations to the Z-10 that make it not suitable to carry large ordinances.
Z-10 is still receiving more upgrade.
1599384471457902279793356053931.jpg

Please tell me he is not saying the new heavy attack helicopter will be based on the Z-10. There are inherent design limitations to the Z-10 that make it not suitable to carry large ordinances.
I guess it's more like J10 to J20 road map, They don't just jump on something totally different over night.

Maybe a Z-10 with better engine, better payload, better armor. What else?

Since it also mention about imitation of conventional and mature design similar to current foreign country's attack helicopter design. If you look at history which country's weapon system China like to imitate the most..... It will obviously look like something of a hybrid between Apache AH-64 plus Z-10 if I'm a betting man. There will probably another round of COPY !! Stolen wave coming when the new Chinese heavy attack helicopter is unveiled in the military watch community soon. :laugh:

Since it also mention about imitation of conventional and mature design similar to current foreign country's attack helicopter design. If you look at history which country's weapon system China like to imitate the most..... It will obviously look like something of a hybrid between Apache AH-64 plus Z-10 if I'm a betting man. There will probably another round of COPY !! Stolen wave coming when the new Chinese heavy attack helicopter is unveiled in the military watch community soon. :laugh:

But well, heavier = better engine. Without that, it won't fly.

But well, heavier = better engine. Without that, it won't fly.
The 1600 kw engine is already being used in the Z-20. The Z-10s limitations have nothing to do with availability of more powerful engines but with its design. I'm sure the latest WZ-9 variant, which should produce in the range of 1200 to 1300 kw, is more than sufficient for the Z-10 ... otherwise they could have placed the WZ-10 engine in there, whose 1600 kw power would have been extremely overkill for a medium attack helicopter. OTOH, its basically guaranteed the engine for the heavy attack heli will be the WZ-10.

The 1600 kw engine is already being used in the Z-20. The Z-10s limitations have nothing to do with availability of more powerful engines but with its design. I'm sure the latest WZ-9 variant, which should produce in the range of 1200 to 1300 kw, is more than sufficient for the Z-10 ... otherwise they could have placed the WZ-10 engine in there, whose 1600 kw power would have been extremely overkill for a medium attack helicopter.

The Z-10 is an underpowered platform with compromised armor additions, lack of a MMW radar, light weapons payload, and worse high altitude performance compared to even the LCH.

Keep in mind that even the Pakistani Army found the Z-10 to be subpar to their minimum requirements.

The Z-10 is an underpowered platform with compromised armor additions, lack of a MMW radar, light weapons payload, and worse high altitude performance compared to even the LCH.

Keep in mind that even the Pakistani Army found the Z-10 to be subpar to their minimum requirements.

Oh come on ... no need to bring that lame LCH into this discussion. :crazy:

The Z-10 is an underpowered platform with compromised armor additions, lack of a MMW radar, light weapons payload,

There is no evidence current Z-10s are underpowered. It is true that the initial Z-10s which entered service had standard WZ-9s with only around 900 kw of output, which indeed was underpowered. But starting from 2015, all Z-10s have been upgraded to 1100 kw and more than likely the current Z-10s with additional armor plating has over 1200 kw, which is more than sufficient. If the Z-10 seriously needed immense power output, it could have easily gone for the WZ-16, which is powering the Z-20 and has over 1600 kw. But that is like sticking the WS-10 on the JF-17.
and worse high altitude performance compared to even the LCH.
Have you not seen the Z-10 conducting exercises on the 5000+ meter Tibetan plateau? These have become routine in the past few years. The Z-10 not being able to perform in high altitudes is some stupid rumor that was never true to begin with, even when it had underpowered engines.

Regarding the HAL LCH, this reminds me of the time when you said the Kaveri was better than the WS-10 :crazy:.
Just making a point, nothing more nothing less.
Well the points you are making are pretty poor.

As Yankeessama stated in his latest article, it seems that we shall see the new heavy attack helicopter very soon.

View attachment 668730
It was perfectly predictable that the PLA would take this route ever since all the pieces for a heavy attack helo were developed. The PLA is swimming in money so the conversation between the SOEs and the PLA reps goes something like this
SOE: So, which will it be?
PLA: All.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom