What's new

Your thoughts on Ṣalāḥ ad-Dīn Yūsuf ibn Ayyūb (Saladin) ?

And then Saladin married the princess, and lived happily ever after.
If you would like to add that to history, to manuipulate it then you are welcome, people are not fools, mostly in this information technology age. those facts that are hurting you, were true, and are proven up till this day...
I have presented an article and you behave (like always) like some naive person, or a troll should I say? you chose.

wrong he was not a master tactician but a mediocre one, however he was master strategist !
a tactician focusses more on the task @ hand & not the long term objective, & objective is the key word here "objective". its the heart & soul of war , a strategist focuses on objective & a good strategist is the one who achieves his/her objective & Saladin achieved his objective

By tactics i meant military tacticals... the battle for Jerusalem changed the regional history for a God damn long time.... a decisive battle ... one of the most imporant in the history of mankind... Id refer you a book to read... 100 battles the changed history... from the battle of plasey to the crusades n beyond... it documents each battle with precise details...

By tactics i meant military tacticals... the battle for Jerusalem changed the regional history for a God damn long time.... a decisive battle ... one of the most imporant in the history of mankind... Id refer you a book to read... 100 battles the changed history... from the battle of plasey to the crusades n beyond... it documents each battle with precise details...

U have no idea what the difference in tactics and strategy is it seems...and jerusalem was siege not a battle.An important one no doubt.Sieges are usually tactically boring..save a few sieges of of alexander,vauban and caesar.

Another good thing that Salladin did was break the back bone of Assassins or cult of Hasan Bin Saba, portrayed somewhat in Prince of Persia movie.. @Nihonjin1051

p.s. he reached out in their cave hideouts, eventually when he couldnt' get through, he threw fire balls of cotton, which almost ended the cult.. they terrorized the muslim world over a hundred year...

A movie on it would be great...

Last edited:
Your thoughts on Ṣalāḥ ad-Dīn Yūsuf ibn Ayyūb (Saladin) ?

He was a Kurd. He was a Sunni Sufi and followed the Shafi'i School of Jurisprudence.

He was born in 'Iraq Tikrit and was recruited to Egypt by his uncle.

Another good thing that Salladin did was break the back bone of Assassins or cult of Hasan Bin Saba, portrayed somewhat in Prince of Persia movie.. @Nihonjin1051

The Assassain [ Hashaheeen - or druggies ] were Ismaili Qaramita. [ a Shi'a sect ]

Who cares we are in 2014 now , he is forgotten man all his nobel deeds are not worth much in modern world

Had he cleared house back then we would not have the problem that exists now

Back
Top Bottom