What's new

Youm e Shuhda 2012

Farah Sohail

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi,
Does any one know...whether there will be Youm e Shuhda ceremony this yr? I remember, we had last yr on 30th April... I really enjoyed tht...I hope we have it this yr also

There sure should be one. When we can have a holiday on bb anniversary and on zab anniversary why not for this?

There sure should be one. When we can have a holiday on bb anniversary and on zab anniversary why not for this?

There was no holiday last yr..but a function, in GHQ i think.....it was telecasted on all channels...tribute was paid to the Shuhdas......and in the end , there was Gen Kiyani's speech also

Hi,
Does any one know...whether there will be Youm e Shuhda ceremony this yr? I remember, we had last yr on 30th April... I really enjoyed tht...I hope we have it this yr also

A very poor choice of words.

There is no "enjoyment", but rather solemn reflection and remembrance in such a ceremony.

There was no holiday last yr..but a function, in GHQ i think.....it was telecasted on all channels...tribute was paid to the Shuhdas......and in the end , there was Gen Kiyani's speech also

I am not talking about a holiday, but when you can have a nationwide state sponsored holiday for BB and ZAB, then at the very least there could be an annual youme shuhada.

I am not talking about a holiday, but when you can have a nationwide state sponsored holiday for BB and ZAB, then at the very least there could be an annual youme shuhada.

Pakistan must have a Memorial Day ( or one with any other name ) when we " HONOUR OUR FALLEN SOLDIERS " in recognition of the Great Service our Armed Forces provide to a grateful Nation. I know we have Defence Day on September 6th that can represent such day of recognition.

So any confirmation regarding this? Whether there will be a function aired on tv, like last yr? I didnt see any news/promo regd this on tv yet...... dont want to miss it...if there will be a prog...what time.will it be aired?

So we have got the confirmation

No PR103/2012-ISPR Dated: April 29, 2012
Rawalpindi - April 29, 2012:

Yaum-e-Shuhada will be observed with perseverance and solemnity at all Garrisons of the country on 30 April 2012. The day will be marked to commemorate the sacrifices of Pakistan Army, while protecting the motherland against internal and external threats.
Wreath laying ceremonies will be held at Yadgar-e-Shuhada’s to pay homage to supreme sacrifices rendered by sons of the soil.
Yaum-e-Shuhada’s main ceremony will be held at GHQ, where Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani will be the host. Yaum-e-Shuhada ceremony will be witnessed by a large number of families of Shuhada, Parliamentarians, services chiefs, diplomats and people from all walks of life including the media.

No PR103/2012-ISPR Dated: April 29, 2012
Rawalpindi - April 29, 2012:

Yaum-e-Shuhada will be observed with perseverance and solemnity at all Garrisons of the country on 30 April 2012. The day will be marked to commemorate the sacrifices of Pakistan Army, while protecting the motherland against internal and external threats.
Wreath laying ceremonies will be held at Yadgar-e-Shuhada’s to pay homage to supreme sacrifices rendered by sons of the soil.
Yaum-e-Shuhada’s main ceremony will be held at GHQ, where Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani will be the host. Yaum-e-Shuhada ceremony will be witnessed by a large number of families of Shuhada, Parliamentarians, services chiefs, diplomats and people from all walks of life including the media.

Been time I was waiting for the news. The last ceremony was indeed, excellent.

I assume Pakistan Army is one of it's kind, which is so attached to it's martyrs, that they are never forgotten and been given tribute by airing them, promoting them and their families, making movies on their lives, holding ceremony for them each year.

"..Jo qaumain apne shuhda ko bhula deti hain, takdeer bhi unka sath nahi deti.."

The blood will not go in vain. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.. Last yr's ceremony was excellent... Infact it was in tht ceremony tht I heard this song Ye Ghazi Ye tere purisrar bandey for the first time....and loved it absolutely...infact Hum koi shahadat bhoolay nahi was excellent too... Heard tht one, for the first time also

But considering the fact tht this ceremony will be held tomorrow only, will it be aired live on tv channels? Bcoz tomorrow is Youm e Shahadat...so it should be airing tomorrow only....If it will be live telecast...what will be the timings? I dont want to miss it...at all...Such ceremonies are always so emotional...You just cant watch such ceremonies without getting teary eyed... Salute to the martyrs....:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom