What's new

Wtf is this bullsh*t? Zameen.com is literally false advertising

Zyzz

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So I looked for a bunch of apartments to rent
I contacted the first guy and he says “oh you rent for 2 months only then we increase price from 30000 rupees per month to 35000 rupees because 30000 is for 6 month” and I am fine with that even tho it’s false advertising...

Later on he says I have to give 35000 x 2(70000 rupees)for security deposit which I will get back when I leave the apartment and 1 month advanced rent(35000 tbh) which I will get back when I leave the apartment also, and on top of it, pay him commission of 18000 rupees for introducing the flat to me. What a fucking joke.

Apparently the next dozen guys I contacted had the same shit going on. False price on advertisement and then securities and advanced rents and commissions.
I find this behavior highly shady as what’s the gurrantee I would get back the securities/advanced rent and the odd thing is , Zameen.com has given these guys “verified” & “titanium agency” titles.

ask him if this is common or not.
This is ridiculous.
its common when i buy property last time in Islamabad i was also confused too . but then i got it that there are fake advertisements too .:lol:
letter my friend take over and done all the works but he is lazy arse :Dits hard to move him from his office :P

I contacted the first guy and he says “oh you rent for 2 months only then we increase price from 30000 rupees per month to 35000 rupees because 30000 is for 6 month” and I am fine with that even tho it’s false advertising...

Later on he says I have to give 35000 x 2(70000 rupees)for security deposit which I will get back when I leave the apartment and 1 month advanced rent(35000 tbh) which I will get back when I leave the apartment also, and on top of it, pay him commission of 18000 rupees for introducing the flat to me. What a fucking joke.

Apparently the next dozen guys I contacted had the same shit going on. False price on advertisement and then securities and advanced rents and commissions.
I find this behavior highly shady as what’s the gurrantee I would get back the securities/advanced rent and the odd thing is , Zameen.com has given these guys “verified” & “titanium agency” titles.
If you are coming only for two months, then better try Air BnB.

ask him if this is common or not.
This is ridiculous.

Why don't you try AirBnB I heard they are better for short-term lease. Just to answer your question most probably you are dealing with middlemen that is why there is so much mess and confusion.

That is common. Though asking two months security deposit is too much in this case, but the thing is renting an apartment for two months in Islamabad is somewhat looked upon as dubious. Apartments in Islamabad is a very recent thing families don't prefer living there. Realtor's commission too is common practice, half month's rent from both the lessor and lessee. What you can do is arrange a meeting with the owner, he / she may waive and relax some of the conditions.

better to live in guest house like but lodges in Islamabad

If you are coming only for two months, then better try Air BnB.
Why don't you try AirBnB I heard they are better for short-term lease. Just to answer your question most probably you are dealing with middlemen that is why there is so much mess and confusion.

Never heard of AirBnB before and looked it up and found a good deal
I am going to travel on a budget and this seems like a good deal, but i just don't know if i can trust the owner... I am honestly really really introverted and extroverts kind of freak me out...

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/21807629

Nobody rents for two months...minimum is six months
Lol, but i am not a resident of Pakistan, i am going there for travel and i thought zameen.com had it all.. apparently not.

Be careful of hidden cameras in AirBnB ...
HOLY ****?!? isn't that against the law? honestly, this makes me feel sick. absoloute disgusting behavior.
on the other hand, how do i identify hidden cameras?

Yeah i later realized they were middlemen when i saw similar names & numbers on multiple rental properties.

Back
Top Bottom