What's new

World Nuclear Arsenal status as on 2012

That's the treaty i was talking about. It was agreed in 2010, ratified in 2011 by both parties.
Thanks for this bit.

Though we can only speculate in these matters. I have cited information compiled by experts. This is my point.

I am sure by now they would had figure how to make it fit on a ICBM.
Tsar Bomba weighed 24.8 metric tons and was 8 m in length and 2 m in diameter. I doubt that any missile can carry a weapon of this size.

I am sure by now they would had figure how to make it fit on a ICBM.

SS-18 modification carried a 25 MT warhead back in mid 70's.

However due to the advances in targeting and minituarization of components it was established that a few smaller yield devices would more effectively destroy a target area then one massive blast. Hence the MIRV's.

woow i am proud to see pakistan reaching new heights in the world. pakistan is definitely ahead of india in nuclear technology by many years.

lol........india is three times bigger than pak........ofcourse u need more nuclear arsenal......:azn:

Tsar Bomba achieved 50 MT yield by staged detonation, very unlikely they achieved much miniaturization.
Indeed. It was 3 staged weapon.

SS-18 modification carried a 25 MT warhead back in mid 70's.

However due to the advances in targeting and minituarization of components it was established that a few smaller yield devices would more effectively destroy a target area then one massive blast. Hence the MIRV's.
This MT is in yield.

Tsar Bomba was 50 MT weapon in yield.

Yes so thinking about Nuclear weapon are not as deadly as people make them out to be.
people think nukes could destroy a country, but you would need many of them.

however if anti matter bombs get created, they will make nukes look like firecrackers.

Indeed. It was 3 staged weapon.

This MT is in yield.

Tsar Bomba was 50 MT weapon in yield.

? I'm talking about yield too.

For a lack of a better resource so fast ill quote wiki:

R-36M (SS-18 Mod 1): The SS-18 Mod 1 carried a single large reentry vehicle, with a warhead yield of 18-25 MT, a distance of about 6000 nm. In January 1971, cold-launch tests began during which the mortar launch was perfected. The actual flight tests for the single-RV Mod 1 began on 21 February 1973, though some sources suggest that testing began in October 1972. The testing phase of the R-36M with various different types of warheads was finished in October 1975 and on 30 December 1975 deployment began (though some Western sources suggest that an initial operational capability was reached in early 1975). A total of 56 were deployed by 1977, though all were replaced by Mod 3 or Mod 4 missiles by 1984. These high-yield weapons were assessed in the West as possibly developed to attack American Minuteman ICBM launch control centers. Tom Clancy described this potential tasking as the ability to 'turn Cheyenne Mountain into Cheyenne Lake.

Back
Top Bottom