What's new

World Largest powership arrives in Karachi

unicorn

Reaction score
KARACHI: The world’s largest power-generating ship reached Karachi from Turkey on Thursday.

Kaya-Bey-640x480.jpg

The Turkish-made power ship, Kaya Bey, is docked in the open sea between the Korangi Thermal Power Station and Jamot jetty.
The Turkish company (Karkey) that owns the ship guaranteed 93 per cent efficiency to provide the 231.8 MW based on diesel-run sets for 60 months.

Work on laying the high tension lines and an underground cable between the thermal plant and the Qayyumabad grid for the new supply has been completed and the network is being tested.
The ship came as part of an agreement signed a year ago between Pakistan and a private Turkish company. The Pakistan Electric Power Company (Pepco), Siemens and the Karachi Electric Supply Company (KESC) have been preparing for its arrival.

The ship will provide electricity to the Lakhra Power Generation Company Limited, a Pepco subsidiary, through KESC. Karkey has erected a tower to connect the power ship to the Karachi grid. It has also produced and delivered related interconnection protection panels to Lakhra Power after completing dredging and interconnection facilities.

The ship has the necessary fuel storage facilities on board or on storage vessels berthed near it. The company entered a rental services contract in December 2008 after winning the international bid and has completed necessary groundwork for operation of the ship.

The company entered a rental services contract in December 2008 after winning the international bid and will help to address the woes of domestic and industrial consumers of electricity in the city. These rental power plants will supply power to the national electricity grid in an attempt to stem the power crisis in the country.

The inauguration of the supply is expected after an on-board ceremony to welcome dignitaries on the 21st of this November.

The inauguration of the supply is expected after an on-board ceremony to welcome dignitaries on the 21st of this November.

The most ridiculous thing, prevalent in the sub-continent! What do these idiots do that they deserve such 'welcome' and recognition? That boat sailed all the way from Turkey to Karachi to provide power to Pakistan's grid. Instead of welcoming the boat and the personnel working there, instead there will be a ceremony to 'welcome' dignitaries onboard the vessel before power supply beings! :disagree:

OTOH, if the ceremony is to welcome the Turkish personnel of the boat, then its a good thing!

The most ridiculous thing, prevalent in the sub-continent!
What do these idiots do that they deserve such 'welcome' and recognition?
That boat sailed all the way from Turkey to Karachi to provide power to Pakistan's grid. Instead of welcoming the boat and the personnel working there, instead there will be a ceremony to 'welcome' dignitaries onboard the vessel before power supply beings! :disagree:

OTOH, if the ceremony is to welcome the Turkish personnel of the boat, then its a good thing!

Tumhare ghar main kabhi koi mehman ata hai to use betha ke chai nahi plate kya:hitwall:

Good to see the flag has been re-painted to Pakistan now :)

Before I saw the flag of some Arab nation

Good to see the flag has been re-painted to Pakistan now :)

Before I saw the flag of some Arab nation

That is the other ship which went to Iraq. This company operates 4 ships with 3 more that will be built.

That is the other ship which went to Iraq. This company operates 4 ships with 3 more that will be built.

oh yeah that was the flag of Iraq,

so that means all these ships provides electricity of about 220 - 240MW (as i believe other ship that went to Iraq too provide same about of electricity)

Nice creative idea by the company

is it on lease or is completely owned by pakistanis??

btw please turkey make us build these ships or plants, if they are really useful, making electricity from sea water is a great thing, power hungry karachi needs hundreds of these things

the DHA power grid supplies the electricity to defence housing, and such should be done to all areas of karachi

I am here in Lahore and there isint any Electricity shortage over here.
Just once there was a power cut or 5 min, thats it !!

Anyways, congrats on the citizens.
By the way, isint the price gonna be high ?? :undecided:

I am here in Lahore and there isint any Electricity shortage over here.
Just once there was a power cut or 5 min, thats it !!

Anyways, congrats on the citizens.
By the way, isint the price gonna be high ?? :undecided:

yes the price is high, but still cheaper than Rental Power Plants (if i m not wrong)

is it on lease or is completely owned by pakistanis??
A 60 month contract.

btw please turkey make us build these ships or plants, if they are really useful, making electricity from sea water is a great thing, power hungry karachi needs hundreds of these things
It's a oil powered one. Let me know if there's magical sea water power plant producing 262mw.

the DHA power grid supplies the electricity to defence housing, and such should be done to all areas of karachi
It's not a grid, it's a COGEN plant.

Thanks Turkey we love you May Allah make our brotherhood relation more stronger Ameen :cheers:

^^ tnx for correction dear..

well im misguided kinda thing, can we make electricity using the sea water in the first place??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom