Clutch

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Work on CPEC 1st phase for PR upgradation to start in April

58075fa50a4dac227841e39b186d1691
Fawad Maqsood
6 hours ago

pak-railway.jpg
LAHORE: Work on the first phase under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project for upgradation of Pakistan Railways will start in April with the investment of US$3.2 billion.

PR sources told APP on Sunday that track of four sections would be upgraded under the first phase of CPEC for railways.

The PR sections including Lahore-Rawalpindi, Lahore-Multan, Kaluwal-Pindora and Rohari-Nawab Shah will be upraded in this phase.

The upgradation of the track between Lahore and Rawalpindi will cut the duration of journey between the two destinations by two hours, while sharp curves at Kaluwal-Pindora track would be straightened for reduction of duration, sources added.

The sources said that dual tracks would be laid on these sections while the signalling system on these tracks will also be improved, adding that replacement of the outdated signalling system was already in progress from Lahore to Lalamusa and the system from Lalamusa to Peshawar would be improved in the first phase of the CPEC.

The upgradation of rail tracks would also be helpful in improving freight services, the PR sources said.

Copyright APP (Associated Press of Pakistan), 2018

Track / Tracks or roads

• Never purchase Locomotives 1000-2000 Locomotives
  • Never fast track metro projects across country

3 Billion USD for few signals or track improvements is hell lot of money

However with Chinese management involved there might be some hope

• Real Impact really will be if we have 1000-2000 Locomotives , and Brand new trains

Last edited:
Good news, biggest project of CPEC will finally start. I though Chinese may delay it further.

I want to suggest the PDF members here. That you must look at the progress of ministry level and the related network specially if project belong to CPEC.

Like this one

Corruption-riddled’ Pakistan Railways under Saad Rafique finding new ways to escape accountability

We have heared the same announcement again and again of railway tracks and signalling upgradations in past. But nothing happend yet, money distributed to individual pockets.

If the ministry and related network it self involved in corruption.. How can be any hope for the betterment you cant rely on china for all the things. And should not rely for all the things.

I want to suggest the PDF members here. That you must look at the progress of ministry level and the related network specially if project belong to CPEC.

Like this one

Corruption-riddled’ Pakistan Railways under Saad Rafique finding new ways to escape accountability

We have heared the same announcement again and again of railway tracks and signalling upgradations in past. But nothing happend yet, money distributed to individual pockets.

If the ministry and related network it self involved in corruption.. How can be any hope for the betterment you cant rely on china for all the things. And should not rely for all the things.

We just need to get the gallows ready for anyone damaging Pakistan. Build a nice solid structure visible in a prominent location so that all politicians are reminded of the consequences.

Will the track gauge be changed to standard?

The most important phase of CPEC along with development of industrial zones.

It is better if new government would carry it on with a fresh study....
I hope it didn't turn out to be the last stand for corruption in the pmln's government.

It is better if new government would carry it on with a fresh study....
I hope it didn't turn out to be the last stand for corruption in the pmln's government.

Back
Top Bottom