What's new

With Indian citizenship, doing government job in Bangladesh as Additional Chief Engineer (Joint Secretary Equivalent) of Roads and Highways department

Probably not through border checkpoints
Poor him, that's very risky!

Salaam

I think the question is would Indians be okay with an Indian government official who happens to be a Muslim and also owns properties in Bangladesh?
If the service rules allow, then who is to stop?

The OP's article alleges Indian citizenship by virtue of holding a property in India. Which is false. Foreigners can acquire properties here. Minorities from Bangladesh holding LTVs can acquire properties without becoming citizens.

Only Bangladeshi Hindus ?
Yes, only dharmics. My personal opinion, and even the law allows.

Do you have any idea on the code of conduct of the Bangladeshi government officials? It’s not permissible to go outside of Bangladesh without government approval let alone buying a property in another country. Also it’s required to disclose wealth statement whenever requested.
You have opened this thread and the title is, "With Indian citizenship, doing government job in Bangladesh as Additional Chief Engineer (Joint Secretary Equivalent) of Roads and Highways department".

Should we not limit our discussion with the thread title? About his going to India is a different matter which has not been proved. He is persecuted by the newspapers only because he is a Hindu.

But, he has the right to work in BD if he was born here irrespective of his religion. This is fundamental.

You have opened this thread and the title is, "With Indian citizenship, doing government job in Bangladesh as Additional Chief Engineer (Joint Secretary Equivalent) of Roads and Highways department".

Should we not limit our discussion with the thread title? About his going to India is a different matter which has not been proved. He is persecuted by the newspapers only because he is a Hindu.

But, he has the right to work in BD if he was born here irrespective of his religion. This is fundamental.

Bluesky bhai, I understand your stance about second guessing his work status (in a positive way) and cutting him some slack in the process.

However, we have to realize India and Indians would not have cut him one millimeter of slack if he was Muslim, was working in India and owning property in Bangladesh.

In fact - being Muslim, he would not get any job in Indian federal or state govt. to start with....such is the predicament of Muslims in India.

So - that is the real question - i.e. Reciprocity....

Why should we cut Indians slack all the time, and they never do? Ora to kono shomoi (kono bhabey) amader bhuleyo chhar dai na - amra dibo keno?

Like for the last fifty years they have been exploiting us in one-way trade (in India's favor) worth $30-$50 Billion yearly - both in trade and services?

Each year we send Tk. 50,000 crore to India in medical services business (not to talk about retail and tourism business), but in return, Indians block our exports to their market and their BSF kill our citizens at the border like dogs?

These are questions that need to be asked.

Why do we owe India these sort of one-way favors and they owe us none?

Last edited:
Bangladesh was East Bengal of British India. So, it's difficult to figure out who is whom. Bangladeshis and Indians are very difficult to figure out.

Salaam

I think the question is would Indians be okay with an Indian government official who happens to be a Muslim and also owns properties in Bangladesh?

Indian Govt. considers all Hindus have natural right over India even if they now belong to another country. They consider Bangladeshi Hindus as their own people.

Indian Govt. considers all Hindus have natural right over India even if they now belong to another country. They consider Bangladeshi Hindus as their own people.

Then it is time BD facilitate a move of these treacherous scum to the bosom of indian government.

There can be no room for divided loyalties. 5th column must be liquidated at all cost.

Should we not limit our discussion with the thread title?
Not really. If he is by birth Bangladeshi then how he got Indian citizenship? Bangladeshi can have dual citizenship, but as far I know it's forbidden if the another country is any south Asian country due to security reason.

So even someone who is not govt job holder, he/she still can't get any citizenship of any South Asian country!

He is persecuted by the newspapers only because he is a Hindu.
Now you are behaving like a Shushil. Everyone knows that BAL is a Hindu friendly govt. And also since he is Hindu, that doesn't make him immune.

Such people are foreign assets for sure. I don't know why you are not understanding the fact!

Indian citizens reap double rewards in Bangladesh. From commerce to arts, Indo Bangla relations are skewed in favour of India, unjustly.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom