What's new

Will Pakistan become US junkyard?

so true you are, in Karachi they can spell the end of terror gangs as well

The hell with terror gangs.. They'll be perfect for taking the weekend trip to Burns Road for Dhaaga Kebabs.. No fear of traffic.. and all the mad motorcyclists and van drivers can try to scratch you..and they will end up crushed. I want one.. and I wonder if there are any sitting on trucks plying the highways of Sindh right now?/

The hell with terror gangs.. They'll be perfect for taking the weekend trip to Burns Road for Dhaaga Kebabs.. No fear of traffic.. and all the mad motorcyclists and van drivers can try to scratch you..and they will end up crushed. I want one.. and I wonder if there are any sitting on trucks plying the highways of Sindh right now?/
even a civilian Hummer is good enough for that, no need the over kill with these monstrosities, we need them to win the hearts and minds of the Taliban instead

Some of the best APC's in the world. Pakistan should be so lucky.

What is the expression we use Juice ?

" Don't look a Gift Horse in the Mouth ".

Too many dumb posts by people who are clueless.....

@WaseemBhai , you seriously need a hobby that works. This research and development stuff is not your calling.....:P

Perhaps you are not aware of the Classic Car business or the countless TV programs on ‘Barn find’ cars which are later sold at hundreds of thousands of dollars after an engine overhaul and a new coat of paint.

When large mansion and houses are sold, most people leave behind unwanted ‘Odds & ends’ such as old furniture, statues, fire place facia etc. New owners have their own ideas and want everything out. One of my neighbours has a thriving junk business. His company picks up all this junk for a fee. Items that can be salvaged are cleaned, restored and sold some times at astronomical prices.

A brand new ‘Aga cooker ‘ costs around £5,000/- in the UK. I personally purchases a refurbished one from my neighbour at a fraction of the price and have been using it for the last 3 years without a hitch; it is good for another ten years at least.

Therefore what I said is based on personal experience. However it pleases me that I made you laugh.

Sir it was a joke, I wasn't disputing what you said. It seems you didn't get it. ;)

v Ship them out then, genius. Ride your Toyota P-cups to battle.
we together wasted about five minutes reading his post and responding to him. what a shame.

on topic.. the feedback from the field on these vehicles is very encouraging the soldiers have loved them and they said they preferred to be in them while facing the IEDs..

I wonder at the mental state of these people seem to prefer meshed up flesh and bones of their soldiers in charred tin cans rather than a purpose built vehicles that makes the terrorists soil their pants.

even with these MRAPs the thread will remain so........And im 100% sure that in just one year or so we will be forced to ground the ''few 100s'' we can get as lack of spares and high maintenance costs.

All that Glitters is not Gold.
If you get 200, keep 50 in service and strip the other 150....not rocket science.

“It costs us little less than $10,000 to destroy an MRAP, it costs us somewhere between $50,000 and $100,000 to actually move that MRAP," he said. "If we wanted to give it to another country that country would have to accept the MRAPs as is where is. In other words they would have to pay for anything to get that vehicle serviceable again and also to move that vehicle to their country. We are looking at alternatives to provide these vehicles to partners to include Afghanistan, Pakistan and other partners that have participated in operations with us right now.”

US Proposal to Donate MRAPs to Pakistan Exposes Kabul Rift

Back
Top Bottom