al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Episode 1:

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

It is a really excellent documentary series that was made by BCC showcasing the natural beauty, animal life, diversity, contradictions etc. of the Arabian Peninsula. It was first shown this very year, 2013.

One can get the feel of the documentary series by watching the first few minutes of the first episode which is 58 minutes long.

In total the documentary series is quite long, nearly 3 hours but it is worth it. I only watched the first episode.

I am sure that they have far from covered all countries or regions but I am sure that the 3 episodes are worth a watch. The first episode was good after all.

Highly recommended for anyone who has an interest in Arab/Semitic/Middle Eastern history which I know a lot of people have here and elsewhere obviously.

BBC Two - Wild Arabia

I think this is somewhat of a continuation of the excellent documentary series National Geographic and BBC made about Saudi Arabian wildlife and nature, and the "Frankincense documentary series" made by BCC too, both documentaries which I also posted on this forum if one takes a look at my user history (threads made).

@Arabian Legend, @JUBA, @Yzd Khalifa, @Bubblegum Crisis, @BLACKEAGLE etc.

Last edited:
I will watch them, thanks for sharing !

You are very welcome bro. Just watched the second episode. It is all right but they are only focusing on very small parts of the Arabian Peninsula but even despite that there are some stunning videos of the nature, animal life and the landscapes. Just like they only focused on that little but very hospital Omani Bedouin family and their journey in the first episode.

The photographers who made the documentary series really deserve a pay rise. For example the scenes of those Arabian Oryx's fighting in the midnight sunset of the beautiful Rub' al Khali desert and the Nubian oryx's fighting in the mountains of those wadis was among the best animal footage I have seen to date.

Not at least the clip with the very rare Arabian leopard and the just as rare Arabian humpbag whale etc. in the second episode. The first episode from what I can gather is mostly filmed in the UAE and Oman apart from KSA. Don't even think that Yemen is present in the last episode either.

Nevertheless it is a watch worth if one got the time and is interested in a small part of the ancient Arab/Semitic and Middle Eastern history and is fond of wonderful natural scenery and great footage. It is mostly about nature and animal life - hence the title of "Wild Arabia".

BTW, the narrator is "Alexander Siddig" whose real name is Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi (and I thought that I had a really long name, LOL). Direct paternal ancestor of the Sudanese Arab Muhammad Ahmad al-Mahdi (a fellow Hashemite) who proclaimed himself as the Mahdi and was a short ruler of Sudan from 1881 to 1885.

Alexander Siddig - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muhammad Ahmad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom