What's new

Why should you read Shakespeare’s “The Tempest”?

dexter

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Explore William Shakespeare’s play “The Tempest”, a story of shipwreck, magic and a fight for power.
Claps of thunder and flashes of lightning illuminate a swelling sea, as a ship buckles beneath the waves. It is no ordinary storm, but a violent and vengeful tempest, and it sets the stage for Shakespeare’s most enigmatic play. Why does this play still resonate with modern readers? Iseult Gillespie investigates.

Explore William Shakespeare’s play “The Tempest”, a story of shipwreck, magic and a fight for power.
Claps of thunder and flashes of lightning illuminate a swelling sea, as a ship buckles beneath the waves. It is no ordinary storm, but a violent and vengeful tempest, and it sets the stage for Shakespeare’s most enigmatic play. Why does this play still resonate with modern readers? Iseult Gillespie investigates.

I have in my possession "Complete Works of William Shakespeare", which I bought from Vanguard Books F-6 Islamabad. I must say that the Works of Shakespeare are the ultimate embodiment of all collections of human sentiments and emotions. But understanding Elizabethan English and its true interpretation is not an easy task.

You must also watch these two movies which are entirely based on the subject plays of Shakespeare.
View media item 17836Coriolanus (2011)

“Let me have war, say I: it exceeds peace as far as day does night; it's spritely, waking, audible, and full of vent. Peace is a very apoplexy, lethargy; mulled, deaf, sleepy, insensible; a getter of more bastard children than war's a destroyer of men.”
― William Shakespeare, Coriolanus

View media item 17837Macbeth (2006)

View media item 17838Anonymous (2011).
However this movie sparked another debate which is still on-going in the literary circles: Who is the true author of Shakespeare Plays?

For a twist you can watch "Forbidden Planet" which draws ideas from it.

Meeting Caliban

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 11.50.19 AM.jpg

"Prospero" and "Miranda"

Back
Top Bottom