What's new

Why Pak Didn't Opted for J-10 Aircraft.

The J-10 (Jian 10 or Fighter 10) is China’s indigenously built multirole fighter aircraft developed by the Chengdu Aircraft Industry. Chengdu Aircraft Industry is part of the China Aviation Industry Corporation I (AVIC I). In the West, the J-10 aircraft is known as the Vigorous Dragon.

It is estimated that up to 300 J-10 fighter aircraft will be manufactured. China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) includes the army, navy, air force and strategic rocket force

Pakistan Air Force has shown interest in the Jet back in 2006. However, as of 2012 PAF dropped J10 Option, instead shifted its focus on JF-17 Thunder Advancement & Upgrades.

J10 having three variants (i.e. J10A, J10B & J10C) Previous two variants production is taken by the latest variant.

J10 is considered to be a multirole Fighter Jet with A2A & A2G roles. With the stated speed of Mach 2.2 it has 11 hardpoints to house following weapons in different configurations;

Air-to-air missiles:

Air-to-surface missiles:
  • Laser-guided bombs: (LT-2)
  • Glide bombs: (LS-6, GB3, GB2A, GB3A)
  • Satellite-guided bombs: (FT-1)
  • Unguided bombs: 250 kg, 500 kg
Externally mounted avionics pods:
If you can get reliable products from USA, why will you opt for cheap knock-offs from China. Its that simple. F-16 has an impressive record. J-10s? No one knows. Besides, J-10s fly with Russian engines or Chinese engines. Not known for their reliability.

You know it well, nothing like AL31. One of the best engine in the world. Expensive but best. Can be re modified for TVC.
Expensive and unreliable. Compare how many Su-30s have crashed with that engine and due to engine trouble. Then compare how many F-15s have crashed.

You need to update your information.
Lemme qualify his statement. Reliable jet engine. Not the 10-days-and-its-gone type engine.

The only engine on this plane working perfectly fine is Russian AL31 and Russian are not selling this engine to Pakistan through any contract or contact , direct or third party.
We discuss this many times. Non Chinese engine available for this plane right now, only few testing platforms.

P.S ..don't watch youtube videos too much.
J-10C have a indigenous WS-10H Engine

J-10C have a indigenous WS-10H Engine
WS-10B
微信图片_20200416201611.jpg
WS-10B-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom