What's new

Why is Donald Trump fighting China rather than the coronavirus?

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
EJ Montini
Published 6:26 a.m. MT March 18, 2020
9353ab36-a38b-4bb8-8b97-13b77ffe1458-AP20058042382194.jpg

President Donald Trump (Photo: Manuel Balce Ceneta, AP)

Getting into a testosterone driven war of words with China appears to give President Donald Trump a bit of pleasure. As if it shows he’s doing something positive.

For his ego, maybe. But for the common good?

No.

Trump is defending his use of the term “China virus,” rather than coronavirus.

He says it’s in retaliation for elements of Chinese social media, and the country's government, questioning where the novel coronavirus originated.

As Trump said, “China was putting out information, which was false, that our military gave this to them. That was false. And rather than having an argument, I said I had to call it where it came from. It did come from China. So, I think it's a very accurate term.”

Asked if he thought the term might stigmatize Asians, including Asian-Americans, Trump said, "I don't think so. I think saying that our military gave it to them creates a stigma.”

Following the wrong example
By using the term “China virus” Trump is actually following the lead of Republican members of Congress, including Arizona’s Rep. Paul Gosar.

That alone should tell him it’s the wrong tactic.

It’s one thing to push back against rumor mongering that comes out of China. But the fight isn’t really against China, is it? It’s against the coronavirus, which knows no boundaries and, while our leaders fight one another, is waging war against all of us.

We should be joining forces.

Instead, from the president we get a snarky tweet:

The United States will be powerfully supporting those industries, like Airlines and others, that are particularly affected by the Chinese Virus. We will be stronger than ever before!

And then he doubles down, justifying it.

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Tuesday agreed that it was “absolutely wrong” for Trump to label the 2019 novel coronavirus as the “China Virus.”

Hopefully, scientists and the medical community aren’t so juvenile.

Hopefully, those who have been on the front lines of the virus fight will ignore their idiot leaders and work together. Share information. Coordinate strategies and research. Discuss treatments and therapies. Collaborate. Fight the war we’re all in against the enemy that threatens us all.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opi...chinese-virus-instead-coronavirus/5075293002/

EJ Montini

Getting into a testosterone driven war of words with China appears to give President Donald Trump a bit of pleasure. As if it shows he’s doing something positive.

No.

He says it’s in retaliation for elements of Chinese social media, and the country's government, questioning where the novel coronavirus originated.

As Trump said, “China was putting out information, which was false, that our military gave this to them. That was false. And rather than having an argument, I said I had to call it where it came from. It did come from China. So, I think it's a very accurate term.”

Asked if he thought the term might stigmatize Asians, including Asian-Americans, Trump said, "I don't think so. I think saying that our military gave it to them creates a stigma.”

By using the term “China virus” Trump is actually following the lead of Republican members of Congress, including Arizona’s Rep. Paul Gosar.

It’s one thing to push back against rumor mongering that comes out of China. But the fight isn’t really against China, is it? It’s against the coronavirus, which knows no boundaries and, while our leaders fight one another, is waging war against all of us.

The United States will be powerfully supporting those industries, like Airlines and others, that are particularly affected by the Chinese Virus. We will be stronger than ever before!

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Tuesday agreed that it was “absolutely wrong” for Trump to label the 2019 novel coronavirus as the “China Virus.”

Hopefully, those who have been on the front lines of the virus fight will ignore their idiot leaders and work together. Share information. Coordinate strategies and research. Discuss treatments and therapies. Collaborate. Fight the war we’re all in against the enemy that threatens us all.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opi...chinese-virus-instead-coronavirus/5075293002/

Because the Chinese FIRST decided to falsely say that the Americans gave the virus to China!!!... That rightly so pissed of Trump... Hence he called it the Chinese Virus!!!... live with it now...

I support Trump on this one although I don't support him.

Good for Trump ... Don't let the Chinese malign America!!

EJ Montini

No.

Maybe because it is called the Chinese Wuhan Virus and Trump is right in calling it that. I am no fan of Trump but I hate the paid CCP trolls like you even more.

Maybe because it is called the Chinese Wuhan Virus and Trump is right in calling it that. I am no fan of Trump but I hate the paid CCP trolls like you even more.
Haha, haters gonna hate.

Because the Chinese FIRST decided to falsely say that the Americans gave the virus to China!!!... That rightly so pissed of Trump... Hence he called it the Chinese Virus!!!... live with it now...

I support Trump on this one although I don't support him.

Good for Trump ... Don't let the Chinese malign America!!
He can enjoy fighting with China, China new has zero local infection, Trump can leave buring US behind and focus on bickering with China, see whose loss it will be, besides, China dominates the world medial resources supply chain.

Haha, haters gonna hate.

He can enjoy fighting with China, China new has zero local infection, Trump can leave buring US behind and focus on bickering with China, see whose loss it will be, besides, China dominates the world medial resources supply chain.

lol 80,000 dead for 2 weeks straight that number hasn't even moved no one believe your shit or the CCP.

It's not rocket science to understand that if one fails to do their job, they'll try to blame someone else to distract the heat on them, we will expect more smearings from US in coming day with the worsening crisis playing out all across US.

9BJoicxj01HMfBdB9_TohTAkDR1g77TLJJZbW0PPG_iot3_WxzWuFqeIWQ9j9M_iFiX4fZZ5pW_490aIDFYHn4_-kg=s900

Last edited:
It's not rocket science to understand that if one fails to do their job, they'll try to blame someone else to distract the heat on them, we will expect more smearings from US in coming day with the worsening crisis playing out all across US.

9BJoicxj01HMfBdB9_TohTAkDR1g77TLJJZbW0PPG_iot3_WxzWuFqeIWQ9j9M_iFiX4fZZ5pW_490aIDFYHn4_-kg=s900

Everyone knows that the CCP and it's trolls like talking shit, same number for weeks now, lol as if the rest of the world believe Chines crap.

Everyone knows that the CCP and it's trolls like talking shit, same number for weeks now, lol as if the rest of the world believe Chines crap.
Haha, Believe it or not, it dosen't matter, our hospitals are closing, medical workers are leaving. medical supplies and medical support teams are heading all over the world.

You guys are fighting the U.S. by blaming on the U.S. military for the virus.

Believe it or not, it dosen't matter, our hospitals are closing, medical workers are leaving. medical supplies and medical support teams are heading all over the world.

Oh yes China saving the world. You guys caused this now clean up the mess.

Peoples lives around the world have been decimated because of your plague.

Back
Top Bottom