What's new

Why is bilateral trade between Pakistan and China so little?

qinglong-china

Reaction score
Country
China
Pakistan is called batie (巴铁,Iron friendship) in China. The name is unique in China's foreign relations. Why is bilateral trade between Pakistan and China, What is the problem?
Please serious tell me
I sincerely hope bilateral trade can very very rapid increase, to one hundred billion, two hundred billion and Pakistan will be the biggest trade country of China.

Well, Pakistan will become a major trade to route for China in the future provided it sorts out its domestic problems.

The reason for not having a high trade volume is that Pakistan has mostly been in US's lap which the Chinese have not really liked, especially in the last 10 years. So, the Sino - Pak relationship has been less economic and more strategic.

Now that Pakistan has been at odds with the yanks, China will be Pakistan's top priority.

The issue with China is that it only needs to import two types of products:
- raw materials like ores, petroleum, etc. (from developing countries)
- high-tech products (from the West, Japan, SK, etc.)

Everything else China can manufacture itself -- and usually cheaper -- so it's hard for foreigners to penetrate the market. Small items, like exotic produce, can't account for much.

P.S. Also, Pakistan doesn't have any "brand name" products (e.g. Gucci) that would command a premium over local products.

Perhaps you missed this part of my post:

No, I did not....

Those high tech product is still imported component , and that is one of the key...... China cannot move an inch to Pakistan besides it's only raw material until Pakistan learns to create it's own niche....

Fact ..is Chinese Don't trust Pakistani Much ...it's their Strategic need bring pak closer , china don't have much friend in Asia .

and Second most Important Way to other part of wrold for "Trade" that's it .

China is Using Pakistan , they don't have much interest with relations with Pakistan itself .

EG. one province Guangdong of China foreign trade is 1trillion $ in 2012, more than 25% of whole China, China-Japan trade 360billion$ and China-South Korea 215billion$, China-US nerely 500billion$, trade is trade, nation relation is nation relation

Not means China-Japan trust much or other things

No, I did not....

Those high tech product is still imported component , and that is one of the key...... China cannot move an inch to Pakistan besides it's only raw material until Pakistan learns to create it's own niche....

Instead of arguing, read my post again. I am saying the same thing.

EG. one province Guangdong of China foreign trade is 1trillion $ in 2012, more than 25% of whole China, China-Japan trade 360billion$ and China-South Korea 215billion$, China-US nerely 500billion$, trade is trade, nation relation is nation relation

Not means China-Japan trust much or other things

that's Double standard's , If you Spenser any nation with support then that particular nation make Cultural , Trade , people to people contact very strong....

that's Double standard's , If you Spenser any nation with support then that particular nation make Cultural , Trade , people to people contact very strong....
yean, that's India not China, India may be emotional economy, but China is job economy

This is fuzzy math because only Chinese are reporting it...........

yean, in 2012, Guangdong foreign trade is 983.8billion$, export 574.14billion$, import 409.68billion$

Instead of arguing, read my post again. I am saying the same thing.

No you are not, here is your post:

The issue with China is that it only needs to import two types of products:
- raw materials like ores, petroleum, etc. (from developing countries)
- high-tech products (from the West, Japan, SK, etc.)

Where importation relates to either raw material or high tech finished goods. The advantage to China-Pakistan relationship, currently is only raw material, but in order to grow greater strength it require more then just Raw Material........

yean, in 2012, Guangdong foreign trade is 983.8billion$, export 574.14billion$, import 409.68billion$

You are the only country that can make Yean inflate or deflate, it does not have any market value sir............

report as you please, but outside sources are required... Thanks....

Back
Top Bottom