What's new

Why Indian MIGs are ‘Flying Coffins’?

Going by that logic, the USAF or PLAAF are some ten times the size of PAF...

One wonders if they suffer ten times more crashes than the PAF. !! ??
USAF crashed 16 combat aircraft in 2008.
Even though they generally fly upgraded F-16's,F-15's or F-22's.

mig 21 should be quickly replaced by mmrca winner but still due to laziness/corruption in our government it would still take atleast 5 years to be done

USAF crashed 16 combat aircraft in 2008.
Even though they generally fly upgraded F-16's,F-15's or F-22's.

Just because we are twice the size if PAF or just because US had 16 crashed in 2008 does not justify the crashes of Mig 21 that we have seen over time... We should look at our problems in a absolute way and I am sure we will realize that either due to one issue or another, Mig 21 is not really upto the mark so far as safety of the pilot is concerned... They just have a terrible record, which defies the law of averages with other jets in our invetory.

We have lost great men for no fault of theirs and that can not be forgotten... Somewhere I am sure you will also feel that our beaurocracy and corruption in multiple departments has more to do with it that our pilots!

Two main causes are

1. Lack of a suitable trainer. AJT's have come 20 years too late. HPT are grounded and Kirans are way past their prime. So from Kirans they jump to MiG 21's. Although MiG 21 is a very good aircraft, it is not very forgiving. In the hands of rookie pilots, MiG 21 shows its bad side more often than good side.

2. Defence PSU's have always have had 'chalta hai' attitude. LCA is more than a decade late. MiG 27 and MiG 21 have had major spare issues. Even Jaguars have started showing their age. All of the above are overhauled at HAL. HAL still cannot manufacture spares for MiG 21 which leaves IAF with no other option but to buy them from CIS countries. There are often of low quality or fakes.

I understand that in the armed forces, one must follow orders. Ignoring the point that our MOD along with the higher echelon of military leaders dont give two shits about the lives of our airmen. I wouldn't be surprised if the following represents their usual train of thought: "We have the second biggest population in the world right? Meh any time a pilot dies, our countrymen will **** some more and make us some more."

Mig-21s are third generation aircraft, so they simply are not as reliable as modern aircraft. Though the "flying coffins" media hype is exaggerated. Much of the reason for the high crash rate is just how often and how strenuously these aircraft are flown by the IAF.

IAF aircraft could be being shot down by US HAARP using a strong maser effect in the atmosphere to jam their electronics.

IAF aircraft could be being shot down by US HAARP using a strong maser effect in the atmosphere to jam their electronics.

It's not the americans, it's the martians who are doing it. They have much more reason to do it to India than americans do. And then they are making it look like america is doing it, through the secret electromagnetic codes they use to infiltrate TV networks and spread their propoganda.

Yeah, sooner you can replace better. Good Luck my friends across the border.

If you drive a 50 year old Maruti 800 at 150km/hr what do you expect.Mig 21 is a 50 year old plane and should have been retired a long ago.Anyway for all things russians their planes are not made keeping pilot safety in mind.

If you drive a 50 year old Maruti 800 at 150km/hr what do you expect.Mig 21 is a 50 year old plane and should have been retired a long ago.Anyway for all things russians their planes are not made keeping pilot safety in mind.

Even a new maruti 800 doesn't touch this speed how can a 50 year old maruti 800 can lol change your example

aircraft.jpg

Back
Top Bottom