What's new

Why do some pakistani students in the middle-east study in Indian schools ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shabz Nist

Reaction score
Country
India
Its something I've been meaning to ask. Please understand that this isn't a thread meant to troll or make 'in-your-face' comments.

I have seen pakistani and afghan students studying in schools all across the middle-east. Many of them leave for pakistani syllabus schools or a level after grade 10. But there are also many who opt to do their grade 12 exams under CBSE. These are not schools that are cheaper than pakistani syllabus schools or even the A/O level schools, so the rationale for their decision is something I cannot understand. Furthermore, if a student meets with some complications, it is not possible for him/her to fly all the way over to India to resolve issues for obvious reasons.

In addition, why do some pakistanis decide to go for Kerala state syllabus schools in the middle east ?
@Pakistanisage @FaujHistorian @muse @MastanKhan @Oscar

Last edited by a moderator:
Because Pakistani schools in middle east do not fit requirements & standards of the Pakistani people.

Because Pakistani schools in middle east do not fit requirements & standards of the Pakistani people.

Even if that were true (there is no way i can verify this), why Indian central/state syllabus ? The certificates from there probably wouldn't be valid in pakistan...and if some issue with grading or assessment comes up, it isn't possible for these students to head on over to India (visa problems).

It seems like a case of very bad decision making to me.

Visa for Students from Pakistan

• Visas are issued to Pakistani students for studies only in professional courses (for higher education) or in International Schools (for school level) excluding Islamic theological studies.

• Visa would not be granted for exploring the possibility of getting admission to an institution in India.

• For seeking a student visa, students will be required to produce proof of final admission to a full time graduate/post-graduate course in a recognized/approved educational institution in India.

• The educational institutions should not be located in prohibited / restricted / cantonment areas and bordering districts.

• Satisfactory evidence of financial support for studies in India will also have to be furnished at the time of seeking a student visa.

• Grant of student visa can take upto 3 months. Students are advised to apply for visa at least 3 months before commencement of their course.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even through this, getting a visa is pretty hard.

This is a surprise, they study Indian syllabus?? I am joining the OP - why?

This is a surprise, they study Indian syllabus?? I am joining the OP - why?

I think it has to do with the following reasons:
1.There are many more Indian (syllabus) Schools in the M-E than there are Pakistani Schools.
2.The schools are pretty good; though they are not extraordinary.
3.There are probably very few local schools.

Maybe @somebozo can explain the facts more clearly; since he has intimate knowledge of them.

It's obvious. Keep your enemy, closer than your friends. :cheers:

Its something I've been meaning to ask. Please understand that this isn't a thread meant to troll or make 'in-your-face' comments.

I have seen pakistani and afghan students studying in schools all across the middle-east. Many of them leave for pakistani syllabus schools or a level after grade 10. But there are also many who opt to do their grade 12 exams under CBSE. These are not schools that are cheaper than pakistani syllabus schools or even the A/O level schools, so the rationale for their decision is something I cannot understand. Furthermore, if a student meets with some complications, it is not possible for him/her to fly all the way over to India to resolve issues for obvious reasons.

In addition, why do some pakistanis decide to go for Kerala state syllabus schools in the middle east ?
@Pakistanisage @FaujHistorian @muse @MastanKhan @Oscar

No idea.

But then it doesn't seem to be a big deal. Why would it. Anyways?

A good school is a good school is a good school.

doesn't matter if it is run by Indians or Pakistanis or Martians.

peace to you.

CBSE curriculum here in Bahrain is regarded as one of the toughest, yet easier to score more mark. Probably that's one of the reasons.

Here my kids go to "Indian school Bahrain" with CBSE curriculum, where total number of students exeeds 10,000.. including Pakistani, Bahraini and other Arabic kids.. There is an similar "Pakistan School" also nearby, but with much much lesser number of students.

It probably boils down the contents for the particular curriculum, whatever gives one better chances for higher education.

OK, OK, I'll stop.

It's just that RazPak is actually a nice kid, who keeps huffing and puffing and getting purple in the face, and brings out the worst in me.

Joey,

I'm starting to get the impression that you masturbate to your own posts after I log off.

It reminds me of the jester that was the only one to laugh at his own jests.

Joey,

I'm starting to get the impression that you masturbate to your own posts after I log off.

It reminds me of the jester that was the only one to laugh at his own jests.

Of course you are right.

Look at my thanks list. Almost as good as yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom