What's new

Why do different Indian states have different levels of development?

Also coastal states have an advantage compared to landlocked hinterland... lot more trading commerce and infra opportunities, also social change is more likely in places with ease of transport and communication (coastal states). You will find this is the US too, and many other countries.
I highly doubt that this is the main reason. The development of Odisha is more or less on the same
level as Bihar despite of the fact that Odisha is a coastal state.

I highly doubt that this is the main reason. The development of Odisha is more or less on the same
level as Bihar despite of the fact that Odisha is a coastal state.

There is no main one reason. Different states develop due to different reasons. Punjab has different reasons and Gujarat different.

All I'm stating is that coastal states (not just coastal, but those on trade routes) do have an advantage.

There are Indian states like Kerala, Maharashtra, Gujarat or Tamil Nadu that are more
developed than Indian states like Bihar, Rajasthan or Odisha. But what is the main reason for the
large economic gap between the Indian states.?

In one word...education.

Education ensures demanding population , a responsive leadership and greater accountability.

Education, good leadership, and an open minded community. A lot of states have great potential, but they are bogged down by petty issues which most of times stem of lack of education and closed mindedness of common citizens, which in turn is abused by bad leaders who use this as a mean to further their political career, and wealth.

Back
Top Bottom