What's new

Why did IAF order more MIG29 ug & SU30MKI

The MIG29 are already partially assembled and available within 12 months . No new training required and pilots ready tom fly have full tactics and spares and weapons already. $30 millon each is very very cheap for ac Aesa equipped fighter. We are adding a 4th squdron overnight
The MiG-29 UPG does not have a AESA Fire Control Radar, it uses an upgraded and IAF specific variant of the Zhuk-ME(Used on the MiG-29K/KuB) called the Zhuk-M2E.
The best part of the upgrade is the D-29 EW Suite developed by DRDO which is an AESA unit.
F86HKIA.jpg

D-29 is on the Right Vertical stabilizer below the Rudder.

THE 12 MKI are coming to replace the 12b mki lost in accidents over the last decade so we get full
IAF has 11 Airframe losses not 12.
The two airframes lost in 2009 were immediately replaced in the next 42 lot ordered in 2010.
So 9 Attrition replacements but since the annual production capacity is 12 for the Nasik Line, MoD got the one year extention.

The attack helicopter will be massive and can decimate armoured formations.

The mig29upg purchase is better than the used second hand retired mirage 5 and Jordanian f16 which have serious airframe and engine use/fatigue ..doctrine that you Pakistan is are attempting . The mig29upg will add so much more to our firepower than your mirage5 early model f16 could ever bring to war

But you did pay virtually nothing for them.where as we are Paying 30 million each for brand new airframes
The way you write used and we are paying 30 million blah blah blah, you are sounding like a newly rich woman from a remote village who has got something shiny the first time and is showing off to people around her..grow up dude:lol:

In simple terms

The MIG29 are already partially assembled and available within 12 months . No new training required and pilots ready tom fly have full tactics and spares and weapons already. $30 millon each is very very cheap for ac Aesa equipped fighter. We are adding a 4th squdron overnight

THE 12 MKI are coming to replace the 12b mki lost in accidents over the last decade so we get full comploment
272 fighters by next year and not just 260.

Finally LCH
india ver own apache gunship looks amazing 15 to be delivered in 12 months
THE Total order is for 65 more by 2025

India will have 22 + 6 moreb APACHE & 90+ Lch by 2026-2027

MiG-29 are not equipped with AESA radars

No we have ordered more cause even out Mig21 can shoot down PAF F16.

India should order Mig 21 they can shoot down any jet without firing a missile
and on top of that as a bonus the pilot will also get fantastic tea from the enemies.

The attack helicopter will be massive and can decimate armoured formations.

The mig29upg purchase is better than the used second hand retired mirage 5 and Jordanian f16 which have serious airframe and engine use/fatigue ..doctrine that you Pakistan is are attempting . The mig29upg will add so much more to our firepower than your mirage5 early model f16 could ever bring to war

But you did pay virtually nothing for them.where as we are Paying 30 million each for brand new airframes
mig21s are better than mig29..if anything the last 30 years have shown this..
no don't make it another raptor of the east, we know what happened to the last one

mirages5 are still better than the under power used jaguars that India brought from france

no don't make it another raptor of the east, we know what happened to the last one

mirages5 are still better than the under power used jaguars that India brought from france

This never happened as the engine upgrade programme was cancelled late last year.
We are retaining 56 darin 3 jags the remaining 50 plus are being retired over next decade by lca mark 1a and Rafale inductions

MiG-29 are not equipped with AESA radars

Wrong
Mig29 Carrys zhuk me aesa radars as the Indian navy mig29k

This never happened as the engine upgrade programme was cancelled late last year.
We are retaining 56 darin 3 jags the remaining 50 plus are being retired over next decade by lca mark 1a and Rafale inductions

Wrong
Mig29 Carrys zhuk me aesa radars as the Indian navy mig29k
Zhuk ae is AESA not me Dumbass

I diagree buddy.

The Avionics upgrade on Darin 3 is very good and far better than the mirage5

see vedio

article-0-14ED94F3000005DC-931_634x480.jpg

Jaguar-Upgrade2.jpg

Dedicated pure low level strike plane

MIG29 UPG fighter explained including the ZHUK AESA radar which tracks upto 200km

ETUomhKUEAAQ32t

17 of these arrived so far

106 more to come

OUR VRY OWN AESA equipped Tejas

ETUonAmUcAEP3GA

I diagree buddy.

The Avionics upgrade on Darin 3 is very good and far better than the mirage5

see vedio

article-0-14ED94F3000005DC-931_634x480.jpg

Jaguar-Upgrade2.jpg

Dedicated pure low level strike plane

MIG29 UPG fighter explained including the ZHUK AESA radar which tracks upto 200km
picard-facepalm.jpg

are you an idiot or stubborn?

this has been discussed befre that DARIN III project was CANCELLED

a good project..but IAF simply refused to cough up 3 billion dollars for engines..

https://theprint.in/defence/iaf-set...ade-could-buy-more-su-30-mkis-instead/278687/

my wish:

India should go ahead and waste 5 billion dollars on DARIN III

would make PAF happy to be honest

The things pilots say about take off of jaguars is that it takes forever to take off at loads and the joke is it uses full earths curvature to take off.
Army will retire them first thing when they get their squadron strenght to good numbers. Its such a useless aircraft right now.

Did you count the IAF's SU-30MKI that was shot down by the PAF's F-16 on 27th February, 2019 ?

In which two pilots were hospitalized in Pakistan as per DGISPR? That keeps their friendship higher than mountain and deeper than ocean.

I suggest India to buy J-10, and make friends with both Pakistan and China. In that case, you don't need to buy so many jets and save the budget for slum and Dalit.

Chinese mall is good for Pakistan and China only.

[QUOTE="ziaulislam, post: 12550588,

my wish:

India should go ahead and waste 5 billion dollars on DARIN III

would make PAF happy to be honest[/QUOTE]

But they did not

Instead the acquired 36 Rafale fighters
And added s400 for combined cost of 15 billion dollars.

Now that is s game changer

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom