What's new

Why are we so backward?

Believe it or not, too much of religion has played its significant part in keeping us BACKWARD, let me say it again, too much obsesion with religion. practicising religion and being religiouse is not something bad, but obsesion with it is bad. what do you think what is the motive of the taliban in pak and afghanistan for all those destruction and death? isnt it religion? war/killing/mistrust between difrerent sects such as shia, sunni, wahabi etc has caused huge distration and devastation for us? off course you want to work hard, but these crucial happenings keep our socieity, economy, sysstem, etc completely paralyzed that there wont be any room for progress and it will create negative energy in all levels of our life including managmet of the country.

You have a point. Taliban believe that they are fighting infidels for Muslims. Little do they comprehend that they are actually doing the opposite. They are not doing us any favour rather they have weakened our case. They have misused the concept of Muslim ummah for their own cause and are still doing it. So yeah there is a religion element. Religion is not at fault but they are as they have misused it.

that again depend on how u look at things..
there are people who say we were born of evolution (Quran says everything was created from a drop of water) but many may not believe in darwinism..but religion apart, i dont beleve in this
again some people provide religious roots for big bang (heaven and earth were once same) n others may deny it again on religious grounds..ita a matter of how u percieve things..
i dont understand how it obstructs research n progress..in fact it should promote research spirit..
all they can do is make up lame excuses...

Where are we Lagging behind ??

in everything GDP, economy, wealth, industrialization etc. etc.

Despite getting donations, support and aid from existence till date from all over the world,

Despite having low population and no enemy

Despite having huge Oil, Coal, Gold reserves.

Despite sitting on a strategic locations etc. etc.

The problem is thinking and mentality the day it changed you will transform into a nation like Malaysia, Turkey or Dubai

All I have to say is Koran is always right...but the man's perception of Koran has been wrong....

The problem is thinking and mentality the day it changed you will transform into a nation like Malaysia, Turkey or Dubai

I think you have the point my friend! But only for Turkey!

However all three country you mentioned are in stratigc locations, for example, Turkey is the middle-east or in general Asia gate to the europe, or Malaysia is an important trade port for the southeast Asia, and have wide access to the water, but unfortunately Malaysia don't use its full potential, with its geographical talents, the country can be an important exporter of agricultural goods, Dubai located in the Persian Gulf region and benifits from significant resources such as oil and its strategic location as a trade port! Malaysia also have huge resource of wood but most importantly its weather which qualify the country for being the world largest palm oil exporter, however I think the only country which totally benifits from its human resources is the Turkey which doesn't have any significant natural resource but it built decent infrastructure and moving towards industrialization.

Qaid-e-Azam was very much like Mustafa Kemal. He wanted Pakistan to be a Secular republic. Mustafa Kemal lead Turkey into democracy and secularist. Yes, we need ANOTHER Qaid-e-Azam or Mustafa Kemal!

Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah did not want a total secular country like Turkey. Please be realistic. Turkey bans hijab in every government institution even colleges and universities. That can never happen in a country like Pakistan. There'll be protests and anger all across Pakistan and Quaid-e-Azam knew that Pakistan cant be total secular like the west.

Here is what Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah said few months before his death:

Quaid-i-Azam's Speech
On the occasion of the Opening Ceremony of The State Bank of Pakistan on 1st July, 1948.

"Mr. Governor, Directors of State Bank, Ladies and Gentlemen.

The opening of the State Bank of Pakistan symbolises the sovereignty of our State in the financial sphere and I am very glad to be here today to perform the opening ceremony. It was not considered feasible to start a Bank of our own simultaneously with the coming into being of Pakistan in August last year. A good deal of preparatory work must precede the inauguration of an institution responsible for such technical and delicate work as note issue and banking. To allow for this preparation, it was provided, under the Pakistan Monetary System and Reserve Bank Order, 1947, that the Reserve Bank of India should continue to be the currency and banking authority of Pakistan till the 30th September, 1948. Later on it was felt that it would be in the best interests of our State if the Reserve Bank of India were relieved of its functions in Pakistan, as early as possible. The State of transfer of these functions to a Pakistan agency was consequently advanced by three months in agreement with the Government of India and the Reserve Bank. It was at the same time decided to establish a Central Bank of Pakistan in preference to any other agency for managing our currency and banking. This decision left very little time for the small band of trained personnel in this field in Pakistan to complete the preliminaries and they have by their untiring effort and hard work completed their task by the due date which is very creditable to them, and I wish to record a note of our appreciation of their labours.

As you have observed, Mr. Governor in undivided India banking was kept a close preserve of non-Muslims and their migration from Western Pakistan has caused a good deal of dislocation in the economic life of our young State. In order that the wheels of commerce and industry should run smoothly, it is imperative that the vacuum caused by the exodus of non-Muslims should be filled without delay. I am glad to note that schemes for training Pakistan nationals in banking are in hand. I will watch their progress with interest and I am confident that the State Bank will receive the co-operation of all concerned including the banks and Universities in pushing them forward. Banking will provide a new and wide field in which the genius of our young men can find full play. I am sure that they will come forward in large numbers to take advantage of the training facilities which are proposed to be provided. While doing so, they will not only be benefiting themselves but also contributing to the well-being of our State.

I need hardly dilate on the important role that the State Bank will have to play in regulating the economic life of our country. The monetary policy of the bank will have a direct bearing on our trade and commerce, both inside Pakistan as well as with the outside world and it is only to be desired that your policy should encourage maximum production and a free flow of trade. The monetary policy pursued during the war years contributed, in no small measure, to our present day economic problems. The abnormal rise in the cost of living has hit the poorer sections of society including those with fixed incomes very hard indeed and is responsible to a great extent for the prevailing unrest in the country. The policy of the Pakistan Government is to stabilise prices at a level that would be fair to the producer, as well as the consumer. I hope your efforts will be directed in the same direction in order to tackle this crucial problem with success.

I shall watch with keenness the work of your Research Organization in evolving banking practices compatible with Islamic ideas of social and economic life. The economic system of the West has created almost insoluble problems for humanity and to many of us it appears that only a miracle can save it from disaster that is not facing the world. It has failed to do justice between man and man and to eradicate friction from the international field. On the contrary, it was largely responsible for the two world wars in the last half century. The Western world, in spite of its advantages, of mechanization and industrial efficiency is today in a worse mess than ever before in history. The adoption of Western economic theory and practice will not help us in achieving our goal of creating a happy and contended people. We must work our destiny in our own way and present to the world an economic system based on true Islamic concept of equality of manhood and social justice. We will thereby be fulfilling our mission as Muslims and giving to humanity the message of peace which alone can save it and secure the welfare, happiness and prosperity of mankind.

May the Sate Bank of Pakistan prosper and fulfil the high ideals which have been set as its goal.

In the end I thank you, Mr. Governor, for the warm welcome given to me by you and your colleagues, and the distinguished guests who have graced this occasion as a mark of their good wishes and the honour your have done me in inviting me to perform this historic opening ceremony of the State Bank which I feel will develop into one of our greatest national institutions and play its part fully throughout the world."

Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah
1st July, 1948

State Bank of Pakistan

Pakistan's total population is 170 million (not including the Afghan refugees). Pakistan is the 6th most populated country on earth and we are not that much of a big country.

And we dont have enemies? What about TTP Taliban? What about india who we had 3 full wars against and long-lasting desputes with. Both india and Pakistan are 3rd world countries and spend billions on defence while the people of these countries can barely feed their families.

india is not doing all that great either. More than 400 million indians are still living below the poverty line without toilets in the year 2010.

Here you go, religion played its part again, just becaue people have different opinion from you, you call them munafiq.

pakistanis are emotional ignorant people(another result of illiteracy is ignorance) they get jumpy when you mention the word secular they think it means opression of islam when it really just means seperation of religion from the state.Turkey and france are not good examples they are extreme secular to the point of opression against islam banning hijabs etc but UK is proper a secular country where people are free to wear burqas and allows practice islam however they want and equal rights to ALL sects and religions regardless of belief unlike pakistan .Infact there are loads of secular minded muslims in pakistan but they don't admit it out of fear of being labelled an anti-muslim :disagree:

Last edited:
Pakistan's total population is 170 million (not including the Afghan refugees). Pakistan is the 6th most populated country on earth and we are not that much of a big country.

And we dont have enemies? What about TTP Taliban? What about india who we had 3 full wars against and long-lasting desputes with. Both india and Pakistan are 3rd world countries and spend billions on defence while the people of these countries can barely feed their families.

india is not doing all that great either. More than 400 million indians are still living below the poverty line without toilets in the year 2010.

You can't claim India as enemy as you are the one who every time attacked it. despite being a small country ur trying to bully a bigger one shows foolishness, jealously and envy. "Hum to marenge tum ko bhi chain se jeene nahi denge"

As fo poverty line, Govt. of India has increased the numbers of people under the poverty line under the pressure of congress party but it will benefit poor people only.

This is done because govt. is bringing new law i.e. right to food. Not because poverty has increased in India.

As people under poverty line will get 35 kg of wheat or rice at Rs. 2 per kg so in fact the poor people will get 35 kgs of wheat/rice in just Rs. 70 per month.

Also they will get free medical treatment and free education.

So, in the end poor will benefit from it.

That's why i have said that in a decade there will be no poverty in India. As these schemes will eradicate malnutrition, hunger, illiteracy etc. from India forever.

Seriously? You think we are 'away from religion'? Are you serious? Every damn topic we discuss here is about religion. And you still think that we can do better?

dude as i said earlier religion is what drives us, so most of the topics do get dragged that way!!!

coming back to the point, yes we are away, talking/discussing religion is one thing and practicing it is another... if we practice our religion it will definitely take us away from corruption and lawlessness.. that will be the most easiest way i could put it!!!

in everything GDP, economy, wealth, industrialization etc. etc.

Despite getting donations, support and aid from existence till date from all over the world,

Despite having huge Oil, Coal, Gold reserves.

Despite sitting on a strategic locations etc. etc.

LOL, you must be on something. But I have to answer what you have to say.

Pakistan has been sanctioned for half its life thus far and when compared to its neighbours, felt the brunt of isolation and deprevation in many decades. It is also the only country in South asia not to have FTA with Eu and other important countries which severely hampers trade and growth.

Low population and no enemy:.

6th most populous country with millions of refugees and its low population, we have many enemies, many, one could say for too many. You country probably knows and work with them.

Our reserves have to be extratcted and refined which costs money, money that we do not have at the moment, these reserves are being worked upon but it takes time and effort. Similarly the countries who want to extratce these want to make the profit themselves and leave us with nothing.

And idiot, Dubai is not a nation. Turkey in the 80's was in turmoil. You are blabbering from an Indian point of view. Take care of your own country and then advise others. And only talk when your own country has achieved succes in vital elements of society.

You can't claim India as enemy as you are the one who every time attacked it. despite being a small country ur trying to bully a bigger one shows foolishness, jealously and envy. "Hum to marenge tum ko bhi chain se jeene nahi denge"

As fo poverty line, Govt. of India has increased the numbers of people under the poverty line under the pressure of congress party but it will benefit poor people only.

This is done because govt. is bringing new law i.e. right to food. Not because poverty has increased in India.

As people under poverty line will get 35 kg of wheat or rice at Rs. 2 per kg so in fact the poor people will get 35 kgs of wheat/rice in just Rs. 70 per month.

Also they will get free medical treatment and free education.

So, in the end poor will benefit from it.

That's why i have said that in a decade there will be no poverty in India. As these schemes will eradicate malnutrition, hunger, illiteracy etc. from India forever.
and another india vs pakistan war begins :rofl:

and yeah when your 'decade' is over be sure to inform me, i might not be easy to get in contact by then, as i will be planting the pakistani flag on pluto on that day :pakistan:

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Why dont we compare with isreal.....a country whose total foundation is based on the jewish faith.:rofl::rofl:

well said sir!!!!:smokin:

Why dont we compare with isreal.....a country whose total foundation is based on the jewish faith.:rofl::rofl:

I am glad you asked me this question. Here are some key differences between an average Israeli and a Pakistani.

a) An Israeli leaves his religion outside the science classroom, a Pakistani does not.

b) An Israeli is obsessed with the JEWISH community. NOT RELIGION, but COMMUNITY. We Pakistanis are obsessed with both RELIGION and COMMUNITY. The key difference is this, an average Israeli does not give a hoot about his religion being disproved. He is not disturbed in a class where the theory of evolution is taught.

c) No one can convert to Judaism, so there is no question of preaching or proselytizing. We Pakistanis indulge in active proselytizing and outward display of religion.

That's the difference.

Keep religion our out politics . Golden rule.

As long as you follow that , You avoid hypocrisy and idiotic decisions , and make sound political decisions.

Lets's take Pak's martial race theory from the 1960's , as an example.

India's BJP playing up to the Hindu majority and building temples.

George bush . why he got elected in the first place ?

Turning Kashmir into a religious issue , calling them Muslim land ? , which Muslims ?

-------------

I am an atheist.

But i know enough about religion to know that, faith is the private personal relationship between you and god.

But where i take issue is institutional religion and the religious radicalism. in often breeds.

Hindu's , Muslims , Christians they all have religious nut jobs.

Mullahs preaching Jihad
Catholic Priests molesting Children
Guru's running prostitution rings

There ain't nothing nothing holy about organised religion.

Society develops when politics and religion occupy a separate sphere of lunacy.

Otherwise you will have to deal with the same useless people who call themselves leaders in Politics and religion , at the same time . daeling double the damage to the country.

Politics is politics
organised religion is whatever.

Just keep them separate.

for example.

Kashmir is not Muslim land.

It is Pakistan Land or Indian land or the Kashmir land .

Just keep those separate.

Back
Top Bottom