What's new

Why are our female MPs against women’s rights?

ajtr

BANNED
Reaction score

A couple of days ago, Kashmala Tariq shut down the reproductive bill, on the basis of religion, stating that it was an issue of ‘sensitive’ nature. Now, either our MPs don’t know what reproductive rights include or they don’t care to develop enough grey matter to analyse and have proper debates.

Not to worry; here is reproductive justice 101 just for you.

Reproductive justice recognises that women’s reproductive health is shaped by the socio-economic conditions of their lives. This includes conditions like human rights violation, race, sexuality, and status that they have in the country they reside in. It teaches that unless we solve all these issues, women cannot have control over their reproductive health.

Aside from reproductive justice, we have the topic of reproductive rights. This includes access to sex education, access to information and treatment of sex-related disease, the right to choose what is right for them, and last but not least; the right to have an abortion.

In Pakistan, sex-related diseases are on the rise as is sexual violence. According to UNAIDS, HIV prevalence in Pakistan nearly doubled from 2005 to 2008. In addition to this, Pakistan has seen a rise in cases of rape with 220 FIRs being filed in 43 districts in March 2012 compared to 147 registered in 33 districts in the preceding month. Moreover, Dr Zulfiqar Siyal revealed that on average 100 women are raped every 24 hours in Karachi city alone. Statistics have been produced which suggest that every three hours a woman is raped in Pakistan which doesn’t include the rape cases which are not reported due to social stigma and marital rape cases are not even taken into account.

I, thus, ask you what reproductive justice are we offering to the women of Pakistan?

Our women deserve the bill on reproductive health; it is their right, Miss Kashmala.

You had stated that the topic of abortion and religion is controversial; well did you know that in 2010, Pakistan Today did an interview with religious edicts on the issue of abortion. In their interview, they found them to be fairly open on the issue?

A mufti (Islamic scholar who issues fatwas) said that while scholars from all schools of thought in Islam agree that abortion is forbidden after the first four months of pregnancy, Hanafi scholars permit abortion until the end of four months, likening the act to ‘moral transgression’ rather than to ‘crime’.

In his view, one would use the principle of ‘al-aham wal-muhim’ (more important vs less important) in deciding the case, allowing scholars to permit abortions up to day 40, and in some schools of thought, even up to day 120 of gestation. He added that within moral and religious bounds, a physical or mental health provider must always be considered a better authority than a religious scholar when dealing with individual cases.

This brings me to my next question; Miss Kashmala Tariq, if Islamic scholars are of this opinion, why can you not do some research for yourself before making decisions that could potentially ruin the lives of many many women?

Pakistan exhibits a dire necessity of reproductive health services.

We, Pakistanis, fail to explain to our children the intricacies of sexuality, but we expect them to behave in a responsible manner out of nowhere. We don’t teach them about the dangers of STDs or the necessity of safe sex practices. Instead, we demonise something which is a natural part of human life. We just fail to provide them with the education they deserve. How can we expect them to learn if they are never taught?

In 2010, Dr Sorush and his team conducted a study to monitor Millenium Development Goal (MDG) 5 themes in Pakistan.

“Our research showed that even doctors frequently turn away women seeking abortions, because they see these procedures as sinful”, Sorush says. “But it is not a question of morality. It is a question of health – and everyone has a right to health.”

Guttmacher Institute research shows, 890,000 women have unsafe abortions annually in Pakistan. 800 of these women will die and further 197,000 will be hospitalised due to complications.

“The problem is that there is no legal cover for these procedures,” Head of Advocacy at the Shirkat Gah women’s resource centre, condemns the current legal situation. “Women are told upfront: this is your risk, so if you don’t make it, that’s your problem.”

Women may take on this risk alone, but the physical price they pay has significant consequences for developing countries as a whole – where the majority of unsafe abortions are carried out.

In this whole debate, all the religious high-and-mighty people forget that they are ignoring the person who is living, breathing and existing in this world.

Pakistani men shouldn’t be propagating abortion only when they want to hide their sin or when they too cowardly to take responsibility for their actions i.e. premarital sex. It is not just a woman’s responsibility to take care of her sexual health, but her partner’s as well.

Special Rapporteur to UN, Anand Grover, released a statement in 2011 calling for the worldwide legalisation of abortion. He argued that the continued criminalisation of this medical practice has led to a systematic abuse of women’s human rights – including the rights to life, health and equality.

Yes, it’s a right that women should have!

I demand from the MPs of Pakistan to get off their religious high horses and face the realities.

I want a woman MP who understands my multiple marginalisations as a woman in the Pakistani society. I want someone who does not throw away my concerns because they don’t align with her personal agenda. I want an MP who will listen to my demands and my concerns, and not just dismiss them by categorising them to be a foreign agenda of NGOs.

It was 50% of women of Pakistan who gave you that vote, not your conservative men. I am a woman of Pakistan; represent me.

I want my reproductive rights!

A couple of days ago, Kashmala Tariq shut down the reproductive bill, on the basis of religion, stating that it was an issue of ‘sensitive’ nature. Now, either our MPs don’t know what reproductive rights include or they don’t care to develop enough grey matter to analyse and have proper debates.

Not to worry; here is reproductive justice 101 just for you.

Reproductive justice recognises that women’s reproductive health is shaped by the socio-economic conditions of their lives. This includes conditions like human rights violation, race, sexuality, and status that they have in the country they reside in. It teaches that unless we solve all these issues, women cannot have control over their reproductive health.

Aside from reproductive justice, we have the topic of reproductive rights. This includes access to sex education, access to information and treatment of sex-related disease, the right to choose what is right for them, and last but not least; the right to have an abortion.

In Pakistan, sex-related diseases are on the rise as is sexual violence. According to UNAIDS, HIV prevalence in Pakistan nearly doubled from 2005 to 2008. In addition to this, Pakistan has seen a rise in cases of rape with 220 FIRs being filed in 43 districts in March 2012 compared to 147 registered in 33 districts in the preceding month. Moreover, Dr Zulfiqar Siyal revealed that on average 100 women are raped every 24 hours in Karachi city alone. Statistics have been produced which suggest that every three hours a woman is raped in Pakistan which doesn’t include the rape cases which are not reported due to social stigma and marital rape cases are not even taken into account.

I, thus, ask you what reproductive justice are we offering to the women of Pakistan?

Our women deserve the bill on reproductive health; it is their right, Miss Kashmala.

You had stated that the topic of abortion and religion is controversial; well did you know that in 2010, Pakistan Today did an interview with religious edicts on the issue of abortion. In their interview, they found them to be fairly open on the issue?

A mufti (Islamic scholar who issues fatwas) said that while scholars from all schools of thought in Islam agree that abortion is forbidden after the first four months of pregnancy, Hanafi scholars permit abortion until the end of four months, likening the act to ‘moral transgression’ rather than to ‘crime’.

In his view, one would use the principle of ‘al-aham wal-muhim’ (more important vs less important) in deciding the case, allowing scholars to permit abortions up to day 40, and in some schools of thought, even up to day 120 of gestation. He added that within moral and religious bounds, a physical or mental health provider must always be considered a better authority than a religious scholar when dealing with individual cases.

This brings me to my next question; Miss Kashmala Tariq, if Islamic scholars are of this opinion, why can you not do some research for yourself before making decisions that could potentially ruin the lives of many many women?

Pakistan exhibits a dire necessity of reproductive health services.

We, Pakistanis, fail to explain to our children the intricacies of sexuality, but we expect them to behave in a responsible manner out of nowhere. We don’t teach them about the dangers of STDs or the necessity of safe sex practices. Instead, we demonise something which is a natural part of human life. We just fail to provide them with the education they deserve. How can we expect them to learn if they are never taught?

In 2010, Dr Sorush and his team conducted a study to monitor Millenium Development Goal (MDG) 5 themes in Pakistan.

“Our research showed that even doctors frequently turn away women seeking abortions, because they see these procedures as sinful”, Sorush says. “But it is not a question of morality. It is a question of health – and everyone has a right to health.”

Guttmacher Institute research shows, 890,000 women have unsafe abortions annually in Pakistan. 800 of these women will die and further 197,000 will be hospitalised due to complications.

“The problem is that there is no legal cover for these procedures,” Head of Advocacy at the Shirkat Gah women’s resource centre, condemns the current legal situation. “Women are told upfront: this is your risk, so if you don’t make it, that’s your problem.”

Women may take on this risk alone, but the physical price they pay has significant consequences for developing countries as a whole – where the majority of unsafe abortions are carried out.

In this whole debate, all the religious high-and-mighty people forget that they are ignoring the person who is living, breathing and existing in this world.

Pakistani men shouldn’t be propagating abortion only when they want to hide their sin or when they too cowardly to take responsibility for their actions i.e. premarital sex. It is not just a woman’s responsibility to take care of her sexual health, but her partner’s as well.

Special Rapporteur to UN, Anand Grover, released a statement in 2011 calling for the worldwide legalisation of abortion. He argued that the continued criminalisation of this medical practice has led to a systematic abuse of women’s human rights – including the rights to life, health and equality.

Yes, it’s a right that women should have!

I demand from the MPs of Pakistan to get off their religious high horses and face the realities.

I want a woman MP who understands my multiple marginalisations as a woman in the Pakistani society. I want someone who does not throw away my concerns because they don’t align with her personal agenda. I want an MP who will listen to my demands and my concerns, and not just dismiss them by categorising them to be a foreign agenda of NGOs.

It was 50% of women of Pakistan who gave you that vote, not your conservative men. I am a woman of Pakistan; represent me.

I want my reproductive rights!
Another piece of crap written by a lady who don't know nothing about Islam but want to act they know everything you only represent 1 person traitor women who always had problem with Islam not most women majority wants laws which are according to Islam not western Laws

Another piece of crap written by a lady who don't know nothing about Islam but want to act they know everything you only represent 1 person traitor women who always had problem with Islam not most women majority wants laws which are according to Islam not western Laws
It seems you are the greatest know me all scholar on Islam??So please educate us mortals,religious illeterate on it.:rolleyes:

Kashmala Tariq: “Thou shall not pass!!”

Either Kashmala Tariq is way too rich and privleged to understand the issues of common woman, or she is one of those many high & mighty holier than thou women who think they know the realities of women in Pakistan all across the board.

So why am I ranting about her, well a couple of days ago Kashmala Tariq shut down the reporductive bill on the basis of religion and saying that it was “sensitive”. Either Kashmala Tariq doesn’t know what reproductive rights include or she doesn’t have brains to analyze and have proper arguments.

Not to worry, Kashmala! Here is reproductive justice 101 just for you and for elite brains cob-webbed brains like yours. Reproductive justice recognizes that women’s reproductive health is shaped by the socio-economic conditions of their lives. This inclues conditions like human rights violations, race, sexuality, and status that they have in the country they reside. It teaches that unless we solve all these issues, women can not have control over their reproductive health.

Now that I have just given you a crash lesson on meaning of reproductive justice, let me teach you what does reproductive rights include; it includes access to sex education, access to information and treatment of STDs, STIs, HIV and last but not the least right to CHOOSE, what is right for them and last but not least, to have right to abortion.

So before jumping into all of the arguments, lets have an overview of the condition of Pakistan.

Pakistan has been voted one of the worst countries for women by Reuters. Lets be clear the first two countries were Congo and Afghanistan which are combat zones, not people democracy.

Pakistan & HIV

According to UN-AIDS, HIV prevalence in Pakistan nearly doubled from 11% in 2005 to 21% in 2008. This makes Pakistan an emerging country in South Asia with HIV cases. This is insanely scary. International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific (ICAAP) launched in 2011, the report, titled HIV in Asia and the Pacific: “Getting to Zero”. Their data suggest that large proportion of new HIV infections within key populations are among young people under the age of 25, and current HIV prevention programmes are failing to reach out to young people who are most at risk.

Pakistan & Sexual Violence

Rape was found to be extremely widespread by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) – 220 FIRs being filed in 43 districts in March 2012 compared to 147 registered in 33 districts the preceding month. In February 2012, 193 cases of attack on modesty were reported in 33 districts while March saw the number rise to 270 in 38 districts.

Baseer Naveed from Asian Human Rights Commission reported in Ethics in Action Asia in 2011 on violence against women in Pakistan. His interview with Pakistan’s Additional Police Surgeon Dr Zulfiqar Siyal revealed that on average 100 women are raped every 24 hours in Karachi city alone. Rape and sexual harassment in police custody remains a big problem, and few cases result in prosecution.

According to report by Human Rights Watch, more than 70 percent of women in police custody experience physical or sexual abuse at the hands of their jailers. Reported abuses include beating and slapping; suspension in mid-air by hands tied behind the victim’s back; the insertion of foreign objects, including police batons and chilli peppers, into the vagina and rectum; and gang rape. Statistics have been produced which suggest that every three hours a woman is raped in Pakistan which doesn’t include the rape cases which are not reported due to social stigma and marital rape cases are not even taken into account.

Naveed says that despite of these alarming reports, not a single officer has suffered criminal penalties for such abuse, even in cases where incontrovertible evidence of custodial rape exists. According to the same report, a senior police officer claimed that “in 95 percent of the cases the women themselves are at fault”.
Pakistan and Forced Marriages

Daily Times – Pakistan, reported in June 2012that Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN), monitors visited 77 offices of District Police Officers (DPOs) to gather information on FIRs registered for 27 offences falling under the Pakistan Penal Code (PPC). Of the monitored districts, 27 were in Punjab, 21 in Sindh, 19 in KP, nine in Balochistan and one in Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT). For the month of May 2012, there was an increase in reported cases of forced marriages that rose from 314 in 35 districts in February to 653 in 40 districts. Lahore (222), Okara (69) and Vehari (47) were the top reporting districts in March. Moreover, 108 cases of offences relating to marriage were also registered in 10 districts.

Abortion & Religion

In 2010, Pakistan Today did an interview with religious edicts on the issue of abortion. In their interview, they found them to be fairly open on the issue. A Mufti who spoke anonymously for fear of ‘undue backlash’, said that while scholars from all schools of thought in Islam agree that abortion is forbidden after the first four months of pregnancy, Hanafi scholars permit abortion until the end of four months, likening the act “moral transgression” rather than “crime”.

The Quran, he maintained, does not explicitly ban abortions either, including in verse 6:151, which speaks about not killing one’s children out of fear of poverty, but it does not address the issue of the status of a fetus at all. As living being or reference of children to being fetuses or new born children is not mentioned in Quran at all.

In his view, in Islamic legal terminology, one would use the principle of ‘al-aham wal-muhim’ (more important versus less important) in deciding the case, allowing scholars to permit abortions up to day 40, and in some schools of thought, even up to day 120 of gestation. He added that within moral and religious bounds, a physical or mental health provider must always be considered a better authority than a religious scholar when dealing with individual cases.

Necessity of Reproductive Health Services

We are a country, who don’t talk to our children about rights and wrongs of sexual health. We fail to explain them logically the intricacies of sex and sexuality but we expect them to behave in a responsible manner out of nowhere. We don’t teach them about dangers of HIV, STDs, STIs or necessity of safe sex practices but we demonize something which is a natural part of human life.

Pakistani men shouldn’t be propagating abortion only when they want to hide their sin or don’t want to get caught or when they are cowards to take responsibility for their actions i.e. premarital sex. It is not just a woman’s responsibility to take care of her sexual health, but its her partner’s as well.

In a country, like Pakistan where women don’t have equal rights. There are lack of basic necessities, increase in sexual assaults, marital rape, forced marriages, access to poor healthcare, and education. It is a crime to bring unwanted children who cant be taken care properly. In this whole debate, all the religious-high-&-mighty people, forget that they are ignoring the person who is living and breathing and exist in this world. In a country, where there is not even proper access to contraceptive knowledge and safe sex products, where doctors and primary health care providers are even judgemental moral police, like most of you.

In 2010, Dr. Sorush and his team conducted study to monitor Millenium Development Goal (MDG) 5 themes in Pakistan. “Our research showed that even doctors frequently turn away women seeking abortions, because they see these procedures as sinful,” Sorush says. “But it is not a question of morality. It is a question of health –and everyone has a right to health.”

Guttmacher Institute research shows, 890,000 women have unsafe abortions annually in Pakistan. 800 of these women will die and further 197,000 will be hospitalised due to complications.”The problem is that there is no legal cover for these procedures,” Head of Advocacy at the Shirkat Gah women’s resource centre, condemns the current legal situation. “Women are told upfront: this is your risk, so if you don’t make it, that’s your problem.” Women may take on this risk alone, but the physical price they pay has significant consequences for developing countries as a whole – where the majority of unsafe abortions are carried out. “If a woman is in poor health after having an unsafe abortion, she can no longer effectively contribute to a household, and her family has to bear that extra financial burden,” they explain. “This lack of active participation is a barrier to achieving national development goals and creates an economic burden for the family and, ultimately, the state.”

To be more rational and fair, access to have abortion are part of woman rights. Special Rappporteur to UN, Anand Grover, released statement in 2011 calling for the worldwide legalisation of abortion. He argued that the continued criminalisation of this medical practice has led to a systematic abuse of women’s human rights – including the rights to life, health and equality.

Yes, its a right that women should have! After being a part of such a barbaric society, which doesn’t protects women whether they live in urban or rural areas, where they are violated day-in and day-out just cos its a NORM. I demand from the MPs of Pakistan to get off their religious high horses and face the realities.

Your (Pakistani MNAs and MPAs) reality is that you have failed to protect the 50% of population of this country. You have failed to implement laws. You are a joke for the people around you. You can’t take about justice in a country where a woman has to produce

So if Kashmala Tariq still doesn’t get it, this is what I have to say to her. Kashmala Tariq, do hell with you and your privleged elitest stance. I want a woman MP, who represents me, understand my multiple marginalization as a woman in Pakistani society. I want someone who doesnt throws away my concerns because they don’t align with her personal agenda. I want the MP who will listen to my demands and my concerns, and not just dismiss them by categorizing them to be a foreign agenda of NGOs. It was 50% of women of Pakistan who gave you that vote, not your conservative men. I am a woman of Pakistan, represent ME, not your messed up personal prejudice and your patriarchal ideology! I want my reproductive rights!

It seems you are the greatest know me all scholar on Islam??So please educate us mortals,religious illeterate on it.:rolleyes:

Kashmala Tariq: “Thou shall not pass!!”

Either Kashmala Tariq is way too rich and privleged to understand the issues of common woman, or she is one of those many high & mighty holier than thou women who think they know the realities of women in Pakistan all across the board.

So why am I ranting about her, well a couple of days ago Kashmala Tariq shut down the reporductive bill on the basis of religion and saying that it was “sensitive”. Either Kashmala Tariq doesn’t know what reproductive rights include or she doesn’t have brains to analyze and have proper arguments.

Not to worry, Kashmala! Here is reproductive justice 101 just for you and for elite brains cob-webbed brains like yours. Reproductive justice recognizes that women’s reproductive health is shaped by the socio-economic conditions of their lives. This inclues conditions like human rights violations, race, sexuality, and status that they have in the country they reside. It teaches that unless we solve all these issues, women can not have control over their reproductive health.

Now that I have just given you a crash lesson on meaning of reproductive justice, let me teach you what does reproductive rights include; it includes access to sex education, access to information and treatment of STDs, STIs, HIV and last but not the least right to CHOOSE, what is right for them and last but not least, to have right to abortion.

So before jumping into all of the arguments, lets have an overview of the condition of Pakistan.

Pakistan has been voted one of the worst countries for women by Reuters. Lets be clear the first two countries were Congo and Afghanistan which are combat zones, not people democracy.

Pakistan & HIV

According to UN-AIDS, HIV prevalence in Pakistan nearly doubled from 11% in 2005 to 21% in 2008. This makes Pakistan an emerging country in South Asia with HIV cases. This is insanely scary. International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific (ICAAP) launched in 2011, the report, titled HIV in Asia and the Pacific: “Getting to Zero”. Their data suggest that large proportion of new HIV infections within key populations are among young people under the age of 25, and current HIV prevention programmes are failing to reach out to young people who are most at risk.

Pakistan & Sexual Violence

Rape was found to be extremely widespread by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) – 220 FIRs being filed in 43 districts in March 2012 compared to 147 registered in 33 districts the preceding month. In February 2012, 193 cases of attack on modesty were reported in 33 districts while March saw the number rise to 270 in 38 districts.

Baseer Naveed from Asian Human Rights Commission reported in Ethics in Action Asia in 2011 on violence against women in Pakistan. His interview with Pakistan’s Additional Police Surgeon Dr Zulfiqar Siyal revealed that on average 100 women are raped every 24 hours in Karachi city alone. Rape and sexual harassment in police custody remains a big problem, and few cases result in prosecution.

According to report by Human Rights Watch, more than 70 percent of women in police custody experience physical or sexual abuse at the hands of their jailers. Reported abuses include beating and slapping; suspension in mid-air by hands tied behind the victim’s back; the insertion of foreign objects, including police batons and chilli peppers, into the vagina and rectum; and gang rape. Statistics have been produced which suggest that every three hours a woman is raped in Pakistan which doesn’t include the rape cases which are not reported due to social stigma and marital rape cases are not even taken into account.

Naveed says that despite of these alarming reports, not a single officer has suffered criminal penalties for such abuse, even in cases where incontrovertible evidence of custodial rape exists. According to the same report, a senior police officer claimed that “in 95 percent of the cases the women themselves are at fault”.
Pakistan and Forced Marriages

Daily Times – Pakistan, reported in June 2012that Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN), monitors visited 77 offices of District Police Officers (DPOs) to gather information on FIRs registered for 27 offences falling under the Pakistan Penal Code (PPC). Of the monitored districts, 27 were in Punjab, 21 in Sindh, 19 in KP, nine in Balochistan and one in Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT). For the month of May 2012, there was an increase in reported cases of forced marriages that rose from 314 in 35 districts in February to 653 in 40 districts. Lahore (222), Okara (69) and Vehari (47) were the top reporting districts in March. Moreover, 108 cases of offences relating to marriage were also registered in 10 districts.

Abortion & Religion

In 2010, Pakistan Today did an interview with religious edicts on the issue of abortion. In their interview, they found them to be fairly open on the issue. A Mufti who spoke anonymously for fear of ‘undue backlash’, said that while scholars from all schools of thought in Islam agree that abortion is forbidden after the first four months of pregnancy, Hanafi scholars permit abortion until the end of four months, likening the act “moral transgression” rather than “crime”.

The Quran, he maintained, does not explicitly ban abortions either, including in verse 6:151, which speaks about not killing one’s children out of fear of poverty, but it does not address the issue of the status of a fetus at all. As living being or reference of children to being fetuses or new born children is not mentioned in Quran at all.

In his view, in Islamic legal terminology, one would use the principle of ‘al-aham wal-muhim’ (more important versus less important) in deciding the case, allowing scholars to permit abortions up to day 40, and in some schools of thought, even up to day 120 of gestation. He added that within moral and religious bounds, a physical or mental health provider must always be considered a better authority than a religious scholar when dealing with individual cases.

Necessity of Reproductive Health Services

We are a country, who don’t talk to our children about rights and wrongs of sexual health. We fail to explain them logically the intricacies of sex and sexuality but we expect them to behave in a responsible manner out of nowhere. We don’t teach them about dangers of HIV, STDs, STIs or necessity of safe sex practices but we demonize something which is a natural part of human life.

Pakistani men shouldn’t be propagating abortion only when they want to hide their sin or don’t want to get caught or when they are cowards to take responsibility for their actions i.e. premarital sex. It is not just a woman’s responsibility to take care of her sexual health, but its her partner’s as well.

In a country, like Pakistan where women don’t have equal rights. There are lack of basic necessities, increase in sexual assaults, marital rape, forced marriages, access to poor healthcare, and education. It is a crime to bring unwanted children who cant be taken care properly. In this whole debate, all the religious-high-&-mighty people, forget that they are ignoring the person who is living and breathing and exist in this world. In a country, where there is not even proper access to contraceptive knowledge and safe sex products, where doctors and primary health care providers are even judgemental moral police, like most of you.

In 2010, Dr. Sorush and his team conducted study to monitor Millenium Development Goal (MDG) 5 themes in Pakistan. “Our research showed that even doctors frequently turn away women seeking abortions, because they see these procedures as sinful,” Sorush says. “But it is not a question of morality. It is a question of health –and everyone has a right to health.”

Guttmacher Institute research shows, 890,000 women have unsafe abortions annually in Pakistan. 800 of these women will die and further 197,000 will be hospitalised due to complications.”The problem is that there is no legal cover for these procedures,” Head of Advocacy at the Shirkat Gah women’s resource centre, condemns the current legal situation. “Women are told upfront: this is your risk, so if you don’t make it, that’s your problem.” Women may take on this risk alone, but the physical price they pay has significant consequences for developing countries as a whole – where the majority of unsafe abortions are carried out. “If a woman is in poor health after having an unsafe abortion, she can no longer effectively contribute to a household, and her family has to bear that extra financial burden,” they explain. “This lack of active participation is a barrier to achieving national development goals and creates an economic burden for the family and, ultimately, the state.”

To be more rational and fair, access to have abortion are part of woman rights. Special Rappporteur to UN, Anand Grover, released statement in 2011 calling for the worldwide legalisation of abortion. He argued that the continued criminalisation of this medical practice has led to a systematic abuse of women’s human rights – including the rights to life, health and equality.

Yes, its a right that women should have! After being a part of such a barbaric society, which doesn’t protects women whether they live in urban or rural areas, where they are violated day-in and day-out just cos its a NORM. I demand from the MPs of Pakistan to get off their religious high horses and face the realities.

Your (Pakistani MNAs and MPAs) reality is that you have failed to protect the 50% of population of this country. You have failed to implement laws. You are a joke for the people around you. You can’t take about justice in a country where a woman has to produce

So if Kashmala Tariq still doesn’t get it, this is what I have to say to her. Kashmala Tariq, do hell with you and your privleged elitest stance. I want a woman MP, who represents me, understand my multiple marginalization as a woman in Pakistani society. I want someone who doesnt throws away my concerns because they don’t align with her personal agenda. I want the MP who will listen to my demands and my concerns, and not just dismiss them by categorizing them to be a foreign agenda of NGOs. It was 50% of women of Pakistan who gave you that vote, not your conservative men. I am a woman of Pakistan, represent ME, not your messed up personal prejudice and your patriarchal ideology! I want my reproductive rights!
Sir abortion is considered murder in Islam it is not allowed only in few cases if doctors declare that it threatens a women life than abortion can take place than to only in first few months but problem with these ladies that they don't stop at this they keep on bringing new crap to please Americans

India has the highest rate of female infanticide - please concentrate on your own reproductive issues before peeking across the border.
I wonder looking at India does make people forget their own miseries or vice versa.:rolleyes:

Sir abortion is considered murder in Islam it is not allowed only in few cases if doctors declare that it threatens a women life than abortion can take place than to only in first few months but problem with these ladies that they don't stop at this they keep on bringing new crap to please Americans
I wonder anyone speaking on female their social issues in pakistan is to please their master USA?? And If you think USA gets please about the social upliftment of women in pakistan then dont u think thats good thing for pakistan?:coffee:

And Plz no sir

Abortion is considered murder in Islam? Child you need to have your freedon of expression taken away. Abortion has never been a problem if done within 120 days of conception for 1300 years before the 20th century. It was just some 80-90 years ago that the first epoch-compliant opinion emerged and gained popularity because of its social soundness.

Abortion is considered murder in Islam? Child you need to have your freedon of expression taken away. Abortion has never been a problem if done within 120 days of conception for 1300 years before the 20th century. It was just some 80-90 years ago that the first epoch-compliant opinion emerged and gained popularity because of its social soundness.
Sir abortion is always a problem in Islam you need to check history again not every women can go and ask for abortion even if it within 120 days only if will endanger her life than she can go for abortion not in any other case

^The fact that most would-be-mothers cherish their coming baby doesn't exclude the small minority that doesn't. I think the muftiyun would've had something to say about the mother who'd abandon her child or severe her affection to it for life.

Back
Top Bottom