IamBengali

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
GP takes 3G services to all districts
Star Business Report

gp-3g-service.jpg

Right, Vivek Sood, CEO of Grameenphone, announces GP's 3G coverage reaching all 64 district headquarters. Photo: GP

Mobile operator Grameenphone has rolled out 3G services in all 64 district headquarters and seven divisional towns in six months after getting its licence.

“This is the fastest 3G rollout in the history of Telenor Group, which is a critical part of our ambition to provide the internet for all,” said Vivek Sood, chief executive officer of the operator.

“We are proud of the progress so far, but also humble to the fact that both coverage and awareness must increase in order to bring more people to experience 3G,” Sood said at a press briefing to mark the occasion, at the Westin Hotel in Dhaka yesterday.

Grameenphone's 2G and 3G data subscribers now consume 4.5 gigabits per second internet bandwidth a day, while more than half are consumed by the 3G users.

The company's subscribers use about 46 percent of 3G-enabled handsets in the country, and it has four lakh 3G subscribers.

Grameenphone was awarded a 3G licence along with 10 MHz spectrum in 2100 MHz band in September 2013 through auction. The company launched commercial 3G services on October 8, 2013.

Licensing rules make it mandatory for the mobile operators to roll out 3G networks in all districts within 36 months of the acquisition of licences, which Grameenphone did in only six months, said Tanveer Mohammad, chief technology officer of the operator.

All seven divisional towns and some densely populated cities were brought under 3G-coverage by December 31, 2013, he said.

“Grameenphone is now the largest national broadband service provider.”

Around 40 percent of GP customers have been brought under 3G-coverage, while about 85 percent of 3G-enabled devices can access the 3G network.

http://www.thedailystar.net/business/gp-takes-3g-services-to-all-districts-17966

I have told you guys in another thread that Indians manage almost all MNCs in Bangladesh. Vivek Sood is the CEO of Grameenphone (GP). Vivek is an Indian. We thank Vivek Sood for his role to spread 3G all over Bangladesh in quickest possible time. I also use Grameenphone 3G in mobile but for PC I use Banglalion 4G. We thank 'Indian' CEO for giving us fastest mobile broadband. :yahoo:

Bharti Airtel is also going smooth in covering whole Bangladesh under its 3G network. :bounce:

Last edited:
Star Business Report

gp-3g-service.jpg

Right, Vivek Sood, CEO of Grameenphone, announces GP's 3G coverage reaching all 64 district headquarters. Photo: GP

Mobile operator Grameenphone has rolled out 3G services in all 64 district headquarters and seven divisional towns in six months after getting its licence.

“This is the fastest 3G rollout in the history of Telenor Group, which is a critical part of our ambition to provide the internet for all,” said Vivek Sood, chief executive officer of the operator.

“We are proud of the progress so far, but also humble to the fact that both coverage and awareness must increase in order to bring more people to experience 3G,” Sood said at a press briefing to mark the occasion, at the Westin Hotel in Dhaka yesterday.

Grameenphone's 2G and 3G data subscribers now consume 4.5 gigabits per second internet bandwidth a day, while more than half are consumed by the 3G users.

The company's subscribers use about 46 percent of 3G-enabled handsets in the country, and it has four lakh 3G subscribers.

Grameenphone was awarded a 3G licence along with 10 MHz spectrum in 2100 MHz band in September 2013 through auction. The company launched commercial 3G services on October 8, 2013.

Licensing rules make it mandatory for the mobile operators to roll out 3G networks in all districts within 36 months of the acquisition of licences, which Grameenphone did in only six months, said Tanveer Mohammad, chief technology officer of the operator.

All seven divisional towns and some densely populated cities were brought under 3G-coverage by December 31, 2013, he said.

“Grameenphone is now the largest national broadband service provider.”

Around 40 percent of GP customers have been brought under 3G-coverage, while about 85 percent of 3G-enabled devices can access the 3G network.

I have told you guys in another thread that Indians manage almost all MNCs in Bangladesh. Vivek Sood is the CEO of Grameenphone (GP). Vivek is an Indian. We thank Vivek Sood for his role to spread 3G all over Bangladesh in quickest possible time. I also use Grameenphone 3G in mobile but for PC I use Banglalion 4G. We thank 'Indian' CEO for giving us fastest mobile broadband. :yahoo:

Wasn't Grameen phone started by your nobel prize winner Mohd. Yunus?? So, its founder is Bangladeshi...isn't it??

Anyway congrats!! So, how are data speeds in BD after 3G??

Wasn't Grameen phone started by your nobel prize winner Mohd. Yunus?? So, its founder is Bangladeshi...isn't it??

Was not that Grameen BANK ? o_O

Grameen Telecom, which owns 34.20% of the shares of Grameenphone, is a not-for-profit company in Bangladesh established by Professor Muhammad Yunus, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2006.

Grameen bank and telenor are the main share holders of grameenphone, with the rest in public hands. Like any large multi-billion dollar company, they hire top CEOs who is just another employee and not the owner.

Grameenphone is owned by Mohd. Yunus, Telenor Group and 10% share is held by public but Indians manage GP.

I get 512 Kbps speed but you can get 10 Mbps if you pay more.

Grameenphone is owned by Mohd. Yunus, Telenor Group and 10% share is held by public but Indians manage GP.

I pay 10Mbps speed for about Rs1000 with 50GB limit. How are the rates in your country??

Are you on a 2G plan and how much do you pay?

Perhaps you're not so familiar with his posts. He is always loooking for ways to thank India, so if an Indian tea-boy is serving in a big org in BD- according to him the key to success of this org is this tea-boy.

Last edited:
I pay 10Mbps speed for about Rs1000 with 50GB limit. How are the rates in your country??

Price is high in BD. I pay 1437 BDT (Including VAT) only for 512 Kbps speed (Unlimited) but recently Govt. ISP BTCL has slashed down price. 1100 BDT for 1 Mbps unlimited data.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom