What's new

Who benefitted from bogus votes in 2008?

expert

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
h**p://rugpundits.com/2012/12/18/voters-density-in-pakistan/genuine-vs-fake-votes-2008/

Almost 50% fake votes across Pakistan. The votes that were removed since are close to 35million. Some analysts are basing their predictions for the next elections on what happened in 2008. If there were so many bogus votes, won't the picture for 2013 be totally different?

Assuming (1)bogus votes were used for the winning candidate of a given constituency, and all (2)constituencies had fake votes wouldn't 100% of the results be fraud? I don't have any data to back up my assumptions but common sense says that bogus votes would have affected a minimum of 1/3 of all seats.

If we can be certain that there won't be any bogus votes in 2013, the results would be unpredictable since all predictions have been based on bogus elections. Of course, all candidates could have received bogus votes nullifying my theory.

If the previous government/judiciary was interested in free and fair elections, the ECP should have been formed much earlier. One of their jobs should have be identifying where were fake votes cast. That should have gone to court and culprits should have been bought to justice.

In theory, people who used fake votes to win will use other means to manipulate the elections. I doubt elections will be free and fair.

mostly PMLN and MQM

That may be but Punjab had the least percentage of bogus votes. Balochistan seemed to have the most bogus votes where Q league won. The army was backing Q league and it may have benefited most from bogus votes.

Back
Top Bottom