What's new

White House Set to Sell New Fighter Jets to Pakistan in Bid to Bolster Partnership

Should Pakistan go for this offer?

• No thanks Uncle Sam.

Votes: 89 57.8%
  • Yes, offcourse F16 an awesome machine.

Votes: 47 30.5%
  • We need a twin Engine Jet. CA/F18 would be best

Votes: 18 11.7%

• Total voters
It is better to have 1 bird in hand than 2 in bushes. Su 35 may or may not come, if paf is really planning for 5th generation induction in 2025 then forget about su35 induction it will be too costly.

whato_O are you willing to give away tactical nukes for just 25 block 60 f16 these tactical nukes are far better deterrent then 25 f16,f15 or f18.
A block 60 F-16 can easily take on anything IAF have and can deny Indian any air superiority which they need for the cold start strategy.
With no air superiority we can make minced meat of their armoured columns.
A far better strategy then tactical nuking fertile lands no matter whose.

and you are impying that if uncle sam give us those f16 then we should abandon our tactical nukes .... if that's what you mean then with due respect .....you are the biggest fool or you do not have any idea what those tactical nukes are for ....
Please refer to reply in post #20.

Aray bhai f-16 ka hum ne kya achaar dalna hai

f-18 to detay nahi

@fatman17 @MastanKhan @Oscar

What kind of non-sense deal is this? Seriously.....we are going to build relationship and give something to USA for just 8 F-16s?

That's not even a squadron..........
We are not going to give them anything this is to keep them or let say consider them our ally

Why people are thinking this is replacement for SU-35 ? These are not

@fatman17 @MastanKhan @Oscar

What kind of non-sense deal is this? Seriously.....we are going to build relationship and give something to USA for just 8 F-16s?

That's not even a squadron..........

I don't think we are giving anything to them but it seems they are trying not to lose us but not to make us overwhelmingly powerful in south asia and to provide breathing space in between. Additionally they don't want to show that they are nervous in current situation and trying hard to keep us in their alys because they can't make Indians do any thing which they made us do in earlier times but now things are very much changed at the canvas of the current affairs.

It's all about Pakistan policy makers that how they may exploit this situation by not taking any side but not losing any as well. It's time for us to take on the world stage where our roll is becoming crucial and we need to stay vigilant and play our cards right without DUMPING anyone.

You saw, babas are going for ayf sola :enjoy:
No SUs and no Chinese heavy birds, as predicted.

In 80s and 90s, PAF answer to IAF was ayf sola.
They bought SU-30, PAF answer was ayf sola.
They are going for Rafale, PAF answer will be ayf sola.
They will be going for 5th generation, PAF babas would be going to Washington for more ayf sola.

Ever thought that why did the PAF Babas go for Thunder program and not more F-16 instead ? Its all about living in your own means. Our largest fleet still comprise the Mirages and not F-16. We have to have something potent till JF-17 is through with replacing the oldies and Block III has come online. F-16 are very much operational and have served us more than they were expected to.

I think paf want to complete its basic requirments then go for next bcoz 1 ya 2 suqardons new air craft ki mater ni karin gi . When precurment complete then go for next .

And Arif bhai F18 ya F15 hmari kismat main kahan

The point is we don't need to DUMP anyone but to include others as well so we could become a global player.
IMHO this dumping thoughts are not useful ever before & neither in today's worlds scenario.

They have dump us several times...

1. Raiding Abbottabad.
  2. Drones Strikes inside Pakistan and violating our sovereignty. (Many innocent killed which were not Terrorists).
  3. Putting Sanction on us (While we stupidly fight their cold war with Russia).
  4. Signing Civil Nuclear Deal with India.
  5. Offering Indian more advance F-16 IN simply to Neutralize Pakistan.
  6. Not Trusting Our Nuclear program and doing lame Propaganda.
  7. Attack Salala Check post and killing 24 Pakistani Troops and Sending One AC-130 Gunship and Two F-15E Eagle 1.6 miles inside Pakistani border just to challenge Pakistan.
etc etc etc........

Many Reason to dump them . "IF YOU GOT ALLIES LIKE THOSE WHO NEED ENEMIES".

Well, US is trying to give least offer to keep the ball rolling.Anyways, Waiting for details about deal and planes.

SU 35 role is different as it is twin engine and capable long range strikes.

Please refer to reply in post #20.

tend to differ on the matter SIR ..... and here is my logic .... while I agree that with sniper pod f16 is good at pin point ground destruction that includes indian IBGs as well but you forgot that we can only achieve that while we have ultimate air superiority (which under current circumstances is not the case) it will be over burdening the air force and the platform to provide both air superiority and CAS with pin point accuracy (in this scenario numbers will also matter for f16 which I doubt will be enough to provide both) and on top of that NUCs have their mental factor as well which is as per my assumption is far stronger in not only enemies mind (strategist and soldier alike) but our soldiers as well ..... hence I disagree with this proposal of using f16 as it will not be able to avoid cold start but has more to do with fighting cold start ...

furthermore in my opinion till now owing to these tactical nukes option cold start has remain cold feet but if we change our strategy and shift to f16 it can convert back to cold start and that is the ultimate goal of american/indian nexus otherwise ..... oh no I should not go further than that ....:p:

Last edited:
A block 60 F-16 can easily take on anything IAF have and can deny Indian any air superiority which they need for the cold start strategy.
With no air superiority we can make minced meat of their armoured columns.
A far better strategy then tactical nuking fertile lands no matter whose.
these 25 odd block will not prevent war out break as Indian will still feel that they can get away with their cold start doctrine but with tactical nukes they will fear nuclear war that might follow cold start and will think thousand time before launching it.
key point here is deterrence and nasr will do it much better then f 16 block 60 we don't need to launch nasr to stop cold start we just need to have it that alone will do the job while if we give them away then India will have window (no matter how small) to launch cold start.

Back
Top Bottom